It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDEs, Afterlife - Amazing Stories

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If someone is still new to NDE (near death experiences) and general, good literature regarding the "afterlife" and its implications, I can HIGHLY recommend a bunch of books.

Like: www.amazon.com...=s r_ntt_srch_lnk_8?qid=1361645590&sr=1-8

this one: HERE is also very good. It discusses many NDE experiences from here www.nderf.org... (many thousands, collected from all over the world).

Some of the experiences and implications just blow me away, I am trying to describe some from memory:

A woman which is told that she has only 36 hours to live due to her entire body full with metastases (cancer) has an NDE in the hospital. In the NDE experience, she is given a choice (as so often when people have those experiences) whether to return to normal life or to pass over.

She is told if she says she wants to continue to live, she will awake in the ER and her cancer will reside "not in a few months or weeks, but within days". If she chooses to stay "in the afterlife", the doctors will find that her organs will have failed due to cancer and she will die.

She chooses to continue to live and wakes up in the ER. In the same minute, doctors come in, being all hyped up because all her tests came up great and all her organs working perfectly, like a miracle. Within a few days, the cancer is gone. This is a woman who had cancer all through her body and given max. 36 hours to live!

What intrigues me most about this is the element that she was given a choice over the outcome of her life/future. This lady also gave an amazing account about what she learned during the NDE, amongst many astonishing things how she learned about the origin and reason for her cancer and every other illness that exists.

She says she was revealed that any disease is caused (from/in our psyche) by "energy fields" and that the disease is then the symptom, eg. manifesting physically as the disease. If a disease is treated without "fixing" the energy field, it cannot be cured really and will just come back sooner or later. If the "energy" is restored/healed, however, like happened in her NDE, then a disease can not continue because the "energy field" is the actual reason. She also said she realized that each disease is created "inside us" in the psyche, it all starts in our mind. This principle does not apply only to diseases/illnesses, but basically EVERY state of our human being.

In the same way as the above account, there are multiple other experiences where people die and then get healed after return in a similar way, often by facing a choice whether they want to stay in the afterlife or come back. MANY of those cases are really NOT explainable for me.

People who have an NDE, often in an ER, hospital setting etc. are reporting "beings" that actively guide the actions of those people doing the resuscitation. If for example the person is deemed "needing to go back" or he /she wishes to go back to life, the NDEr sees how those beings are literally guiding the hands/movements of the surgeons - like they are actively influencing our actions in daily life. I think this is also a very intriguing thought, of course "guardian angel" comes to mind right away.

A woman has a bad accident and upon impact gets knocked unconscious and has an NDE. In the typical "classic" NDE fashion, she is floating above the scene, sees herself and the other guy in the car. She meets the light beings (whatever you want to call them)...and this one I like because it's different and kind of contradicts some other NDE reports:

The beings basically tell her off, no, she cannot concern herself with wanting to stay "in the afterlife", urge her to go back. They tell her about the other person who is insured badly. (Nose is cut off, he is about to bleed to death)

The beings give her detailed instructions what to do, where the chopped of nose is in the car, she will have to get the nose and then press on the guy's face to stop the bleeding. When she will leave the car, another car will come with a guy, she can then ask that guy to drive both to the hospital.

When she returns to her body and comes to her, everything happens as has been told to her. They leave the car, another car comes, they get to the hospital, other guy is saved, his nose attached with only a small scar.

This NDE intrigued me because it seems to imply that the beings (angels?) still need human help, eg. they tell her what to do so the other guy can survive. "You need to do that, listen!". In some way it confuses me since some NDEs show how the beings have control over all sorts of things, here they ask the lady to assist. Why?

"During the NDE i realized how my physical life was my own choice, I myself choose to life this life. I realized that I wasted a lot of time and energy on the negative things, rather than the positive things like love etc."

The idea that the physical life was an active choice by our consciousness (as some sort of lesson) is also very intriguing to me. This goes hand in hand with some reincarnation experiences and similar where it looks like that souls/consciousnesses can choose what life to live and when/where to reincarnate. SHORT: Whatever life we live, there is a reason WHY we do, we choose so!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

She says she was revealed that any disease is caused (from/in our psyche) by "energy fields" and that the disease is then the symptom, eg. manifesting physically as the disease. If a disease is treated without "fixing" the energy field, it cannot be cured really and will just come back sooner or later. If the "energy" is restored/healed, however, like happened in her NDE, then a disease can not continue because the "energy field" is the actual reason. She also said she realized that each disease is created "inside us" in the psyche, it all starts in our mind. This principle does not apply only to diseases/illnesses, but basically EVERY state of our human being.

Haven't read the entire piece yet but this got to me. Truth is I have suspected it all along.

I have been smoking the last 10 years as well as being severely depressed most of the last 8 years. I often thought that my smoking (and drinking) was my way of trying to kill myself.

I am one who has precognitive moments...especially just prior to awakening in the in-between states though it is not limited to that.

Feb. 16, this year I awoke with the words "on schedule...cancer date".

I have found I cannot change the outcome of these 'knowings'. And being depressed, I lack the motivation to change my energy. Maybe it is the way it is meant to be.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Dr. Jeffrey Long also has several YouTube videos as well.

This is an interview he did on Coast to Coast AM:

His book is also on Scribd but it is only a partial preview:
Evidence of the Afterlife

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I personally believe in a lot of Christianity's teachings, or I should say the teachings of Jesus as read from the Bible, as they have not been corrupted like the church. Anyway, I think that Jesus alludes to and hints at, or it can be inferred from certain Biblical events, things that are in line with much of what you mention about these stories. Others may disagree, but in truly studying the texts, especially along with good notes from scholars, I was blown away at what some people do not realize is in the NT of the Bible.

As an example, the Bible mentions Jesus said that he felt some energy leave him when the woman touched him from behind. Some may overlook that and take it some other way, but to me it is obvious why this was said. And this is in line with the idea of energy fields, which I would agree make up a large portion of everything.
There are others like that as well, and I recommend looking for these correlations if you have the time. I also think that things are not going to be the same for everyone, and it seems that these beings, whether they are angels or not, have distinct personalities.

There are some here on ATS who know quite a bit about the truths of this material, but some post about it and some don't. Why some people can and others cannot see these beings and sense energy I do not know, but I would guess that it also has to do with the person's personal energies.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Dr. Jeffrey Long also has several YouTube videos as well.

This is an interview he did on Coast to Coast AM:

His book is also on Scribd but it is only a partial preview:
Evidence of the Afterlife

Fascinating and informative video for those who can watch it! There will always be people who won't believe in NDE's no mater what you present to them or how factual, but I having had a pre-birth memory and one out of body experience, I know we are more than just a physical body and that there is more to life than we know.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
great OP. S&F i allways read the NDE and reincarnation post on ATS I find them extremely interesting and calming thanks for a good read. its one of the topics I enjoy researching the most and will always give a NDE thread a read and especially a reincarnation thread they go hand in hand.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

thanks you mergatroid for the video post its on i have not heard before and it was awesome S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ascent of the Blessed by Hieronymus Bosch in the year 1491.

Kids draw Near Death Experiences.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
These people seem to be talking to the others. The others are good beings. They control a lot of things in this reality. They are good teachers as long as you do not lose grace with them.

You would be surprised of the healing abilities our bodies have if our belief is there.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nice thread and very interesting. One question I wish to throw out there, how come not everyone has a NDE. If I may and I'm no looking for sympathy .. My mother passed away back in 2010 due to cancer and what not, why did she not have a NDE before she passed away at home why wasn't she given a choice to either pass or go back to normal life .. Because I know if she had a chance she would of wishes to come back

Just curious

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sam Parnia of the aware study and recent book erasing death was again on coast to coast just recently.

Looks like he's definately of the fence now. He says the evidence says consciousness continues on. We have millions of cases. This is an incredible interview. He claims the term near death experience is innacurate people are actually coming back from the dead. He says death is fully reversable. Temperature and drugs can protect the brain from cell death many hours later. He cites a case at 3 and half hours and another woman found 5 to 10 hours after dying and then revived after another 6 hours of work! And walks away from the hospital 3 weeks later!

edit on 15-3-2013 by squiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

How do you know she didn't? Maybe it was her time to go? Maybe not everyone gets the choice to stay or leave...

These are just some thought

reply to post by rickymouse

When you say "The Others" are you talking about The Gray Aliens? If it is a Near Death Experience, then it is spirits not physical beings...

From what I know, it is Saturn that controls this Linear Time/Space reality... Saturn may seem evil to some but it is necessary for the human brain to make sense of such a reality...

Physical beings of matter, are just slowed down "energy".
Spirits are just faster moving "energy" than matter.
Energy is Existence.

edit on 15-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The body is capable of many things when over stressed or under the threat of death. I don't think travelling to other dimensions and afterlives is one of them. It is more likely that these worlds are created as we create dreams.
edit on 15-3-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Looks like he's definitely of the fence now. He says the evidence says consciousness continues on. We have millions of cases. This is an incredible interview. He claims the term near death experience is inaccurate people are actually coming back from the dead. He says death is fully reversible.

It's known as the "Lazarus Phenomenon".

There is a MASSIVE propaganda campaign to slander every person who has experienced this BTW.

TPTB hate this and do everything they can to ridicule and lie about it because it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Bible is God's Word.

A Buddhist Monk in Myanmar was dead for 3 days...

George Rodonaia was dead for 3 days in a morgue freezer...

Emanuel Tuwagirairmana was dead for 7 days!

Dr. Richard Eby came back to life in a totally bloodless corpse in a hospital morgue...

Ian was night diving off the island of Mauritius when he was stung multiple times by Box Jellyfish, which are among the most venomous creatures in the world. His testimony relates how he clung to life while getting to hospital, was declared clinically dead soon afterwards, and how during this time he had an encounter with Jesus, which radically changed the direction of his life. Link

The Lazarus Phenomenon

Emanuel Tuwagirairmana's has to be the most incredibly miraculous, bizarre and extreme of all the NDE's I have yet read, because he was said to have been dead for at least seven days! Emanuel Tuwagirairmana was born in Rwanda and had been dead for 7 days after an ethnic cleansing attack. His arm had almost been eaten off by maggots!

"...no matter how much one's body has decayed, if your mission is not finished yet, your mission is not finished yet! "GO BACK!" Remember Lazarus? LINK

Nigerian pastor Daniel Ekechukwu physically died November 30th, 2001, was dead for at least 42 hours, visited heaven and hell during the time of his physical death, and was raised from the dead in the basement of the Grace of God Mission, located in Onitsha, Nigeria.

Around 2:00 A.M. Saturday morning, the mortician, who lived next to the mortuary, was disturbed by songs of worship coming from inside his mortuary, which stopped as soon as approached the mortuary doorway. Upon searching for the music’s source in his mortuary, he noticed light emanating from the face of Daniel’s corpse. This completely unnerved him.

The Resurrection of Pastor Daniel Ekechukwu

The Daniel Ekechukwu Reports
Answering Skeptics on the Resurrection of Daniel Ekechukwu

Concerning the Resurrection of Daniel Ekechukwu

"Dr. Rodonaia was a vocal Soviet dissident killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, taken to a freezer vault in the morgue for three days and returned to life during his own autopsy. Dr. Rodonaia was a psychiatric researcher who worked for the KGB and later became a dissident. He was a scientist trained in historical materialism and did not believe in God." Of all the cases I have investigated in my 26 years of work in the field, his is the most dramatic, the longest, the most evidential, and the most soul-stirring. LINK

Dr. Richard Eby was a professor and obstetrician who fell off a second story balcony in Chicago and hit his head and died instantly and found himself in Paradise. When he came back to a bloodless corpse in the hospital morgue, the athiest Doctor refused to believe he was alive and told him to 'shut up and don't give me any of that #' because he knew that Eby had been taken into the hospital as a totally bloodless dead body.

Jesus, intensely moved again, came to the tomb. (Now it was a cave, and a stone was placed across it.) Jesus said, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of the deceased, replied, “Lord, by this time the body will have a bad smell, because he has been buried four days.” Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that if you believe, you would see the glory of God?”

So they took away the stone. Jesus looked upward and said, “Father, I thank you that you have listened to me. I knew that you always listen to me, but I said this for the sake of the crowd standing around here, that they may believe that you sent me.” When he had said this, he shouted in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The one who had died came out, his feet and hands tied up with strips of cloth, and a cloth wrapped around his face. Jesus said to them, “Unwrap him and let him go.”

edit on 15-3-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Great post OP, I find this stuff fascinating. Star and flag

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It's known as the "Lazarus Phenomenon".

TPTB hate this and do everything they can to ridicule and lie about it because it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Bible is God's Word.

No it doesn't. Some NDE's have absolutely NOTHING to do with ANYTHING biblical, and sometimes even the ones that do claim to see Jesus - isn't exactly "biblical". A Buddhist can have a near death experience and see Buddha in heaven. A Jew can see a Jewish heaven. A Muslim can see Muhammad in heaven.

All of these near death experiences seem to be PERSONAL and most of them (not all) reflect their own BELIEFS.

The only thing NDEs prove is that consciousness still exists after death but it does NOT prove anything BIBLICAL since not all of them are...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
No it doesn't. Some NDE's have absolutely NOTHING to do with ANYTHING biblical, and sometimes even the ones that do claim to see Jesus - isn't exactly "biblical".The only thing NDEs prove is that consciousness still exists after death but it does NOT prove anything BIBLICAL since not all of them are...

Colton Burpo, George Rodonaia (above) and MANY others have brought back irrefutable PROOF that you are 100% wrong...

You WILL see this for yourself one day BTW.

Four year old Colton Burpo met his mother’s miscarried child in Heaven that he didn't even know EXISTED. He also met his grandfather there, who he had never known on Earth.

"Colton, still 4 years old, told his mother “you had a baby die in your tummy didn’t you”, which completely shocked them both because they had never told him about their miscarriage. They asked him how he knew and he said that he met his sister in Heaven and she told him what happened."

"Well he’s 7 years old now and it took a couple of years for his parents to really understand what happened, but when Colton Burpo was four years he was having surgery in the hospital for a burst appendix. While he was in surgery he apparently had some sort of out of body experience and could see what his parents were doing. He witnessed that his dad was praying and his mom on her cellphone. Both parents say they have no clue how he knew that, but that it’s absolutely true. And the story just gets more interesting from there.

Apparently during the same surgery Colton went to Heaven where he recounts how he met his grandfather who he had never known, who he later recognized in photos. The interesting thing is that he didn’t recognize photos of his grandfather as an old man with glasses, which is how everyone knew him, but rather as a young man. Colton’s father literally had go find a photo of ‘Pop’ as a young man before Colton was able to recognize him. Now that’s pretty wild.

Link

edit on 15-3-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker My mother passed away back in 2010 due to cancer and what not, why did she not have a NDE before she passed away at home why wasn't she given a choice to either pass or go back to normal life

How can you be certain she didnt have an NDE? Maybe she did, and chose not to return. For anyone whose already lived a long life, or a tormented life of any length, the lure of Heaven I would think would almost invariably far surpass any desire to return to the suffering of Earth, even if offered a complete healing.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

irrefutable PROOF that you are 100% wrong...

Arp is correct, if we are all using unbias objective logic and reason here.

The only thing that NDEs confirm in the bible is the teaching of an afterlife. But that teaching is not exclusive to christian mythology. Its pretty much a universal teaching, save for the religion of materialism.

The jump you are making is pretty silly, and if you want to use the logic you are using unbiasedly, then NDEs also provide "irrefutable PROOF" that every single book ever written that suggests there is an afterlife is also the "word of God".

Interestingly, Dr Jeffrey Long actually touches a little on that specifically in the video you first posted, after George asks if any ancient writing accurately describes what was being seen from the NDE experiencers. It was an emphatic "no".

Every christian says that. So does every muslim, jew, buddhist and hindu, with equal conviction.

The evidence points to an individual, if they are heavily conditioned, seeing that which they are conditioned to expect.

Unconditioned individuals do not see what conditioned ones do, yet they feel the same love.

edit on 3/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Colton Burpo, George Rodonaia (above) and MANY others have brought back irrefutable PROOF that you are 100% wrong...

Nope I am not "100%" wrong.

THERE ARE NON-Biblical NDEs. So even if SOME have them, it still doesn't change the fact that SOME have NOTHING to do with the bible.

So it is wrong to assume that I "WILL" see (the biblical NDE) for myself one day...

You are just looking at whatever experiences confirm your BELIEF and IGNORING all that doesn't.
Most Religious do this and then they actually BELIEVE that their "Belief" is proven when they just chose to ignore the other experiences which does not fit with what they believe...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join