It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Mods get chosen?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

very astute observation. Yes, at times being a parent of young children (pre-teen) and being an ATS mod are identical. It has been recognized, in staff meetings, that, at times, what we do with our 9 year old tyrant at home also works with certain adult members who shall go nameless.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yes the same tactics work.
Now stop making these foolish posts, turn your damn computer off and get to bed

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by beezzer

very astute observation. Yes, at times being a parent of young children (pre-teen) and being an ATS mod are identical. It has been recognized, in staff meetings, that, at times, what we do with our 9 year old tyrant at home also works with certain adult members who shall go nameless.

Which is why I will never be chosen to be a mod, I have too nasty a temper

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ah, this thread brings back so many memories....well, at least the parts I can remember (getting klonked on the head and dragged into the back of an unmarked van can really dampen the ol' memory circuits)...but I'll never forget my first day on the job.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I'll never be chosen for a mod because my father was born in Kenya and I have an "iffy" birth certificate from Hawaii.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, you'll never be chosen for a mod because you are quick, elusive and can't be hit by a trank dart.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by beezzer

No, you'll never be chosen for a mod because you are quick, elusive and can't be hit by a trank dart.

*sigh*

Reminds me of how I met the missus. . . .

Good times. . . . . good times. . . .

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by kthxbai

to voluntarily take on a position, that doesn't pay any money, that results in your having to read things that would scare most normal people, that results in your being called all kinds of names, that results in threats of all nature (car bombs included)?

I'd say that, yes, masochistic tendencies would need to be high up on the resume.

hmmmm, the next time I'm involved in some crazy thread gone astray, I'll make them thank me for it!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by beezzer

*sigh*

Reminds me of how I met the missus. . . .

Good times. . . . . good times. . . .

We're inlaws?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
OK this is a old thread but I wanted to post this question in a place it would fit. I noticed you made some new mod's today and it said they are volunteers do any mod's get paid. And how big of a company is ATS.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

None of the ATS staff are paid.

Owners are the only ones who get revenue as far as I know.

We become staff because we love this community and the friends and family we've made here.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join