It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Mods get chosen?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Old Mods never die. They just sit in a causality loop bought about by the overuse of Godwins Law ;

As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

Stephen Hawking himself, when not working on warp drive, has been tasked with breaking the Godwin barrier and setting them free. Sadly, we fear he will never succeed.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Do mods get paid? Either in cash or favors?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

I guess it's time to tell you...they got all your credit cards an hour after you joined.....

Des

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I guess it's time to tell you...they got all your credit cards an hour after you joined.....

Des

The joke's on them then when they see my available credit.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

Being a moderator here is a voluntary position. The moderators don't get paid so, the next time y'all are upset over something, and tapping out that manifesto about jackboot nazi moderation, remember that the folks that work their butts off to keep this site as clean and smooth running as possible are doing it out of pure stupidity, I mean caring.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Being a moderator here is a voluntary position. The moderators don't get paid so, the next time y'all are upset over something, and tapping out that manifesto about jackboot nazi moderation, remember that the folks that work their butts off to keep this site as clean and smooth running as possible are doing it out of pure stupidity, I mean caring.

Do mods work shifts or how do you ensure consistent coverage?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That and a lifetime supply of Crakeur Spit to use against telemarketers..

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Coffee...lots and lots of coffee...and holding their pets hostage......

Des

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
wow...woke up this morning, had breakfast, read the paper, and then came back on ATS...and... this thread is still going!...don't you MODS ever sleep?....what?...do you have an intravenous drip of pure caffiene sitting by your computer?
edit on 16-3-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

As someone said, this thread is troll bait now. All the mods have posted in it, so they can't mod it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

crakeur, what a smooth talker you are...trying to be all sugary, and kissing up to your MOD slaves in public...poor guys...i almost feel sorry for the MODs...ok...that feeling passed

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by jimmyx

As someone said, this thread is troll bait now. All the mods have posted in it, so they can't mod it.

you're right, ZAP...we got them by their dangling quotation marks...hee, hee (rubbing hands together)...the trap is slowly being set.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Nope, we just get on when we can get on.

We all admire and love this site after all so we usually have a good number of mods online at any given time. Of course sometimes real life get's in the way and stops us but that's never an issue, real life always comes first.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The story of how one becomes a mod is told in short stories under the title, " The Mods - The ascention of the Mods- chapter one "

It's not that easy to become a mod as they will tell you. Read about it, give your thoughts and let the saga continue until all is revealed and the curtain is pulled back to reveal the inner sanctum.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

cattle prods are a wonderful motivational tool

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Older mods get to return to their families. I'm still waiting for my ankle shackle to be removed. I got a postcard from my wife a few months ago; she's doing a lot of gardening.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

How can I say this, without hurting your feelings....I saw your wife being interviewed, by Crakeur for a MOD position yesterday.

Guess who's replacing you, once that ankle shackle comes off.....guess you'll be doing a lot of gardening...huh

Des

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So they're very masochistic huh?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

to voluntarily take on a position, that doesn't pay any money, that results in your having to read things that would scare most normal people, that results in your being called all kinds of names, that results in threats of all nature (car bombs included)?

I'd say that, yes, masochistic tendencies would need to be high up on the resume.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

to voluntarily take on a position, that doesn't pay any money, that results in your having to read things that would scare most normal people, that results in your being called all kinds of names, that results in threats of all nature (car bombs included)?

Are you talking about being the parent of a teenager or the position of a mod.

I'm confused.
edit on 16-3-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join