It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Mods get chosen?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I didn't actually replace Titor... it was more of an unfortunate accident really... OK not exactly an accident... It's not like I meant to hurt him. I just wanted to know what his time machine would do if I poured kerosene into the flux capacitor.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
For The Record.

Heff was never chosen to be a mod. He just abused himself outside our offices for so long we took pity.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by Zaphod58
There is a very important reason why mods are chosen so carefully. Some day the Big Red Button Incident will come to light again, and you will understand.

Ohhh. The Staples Easy button

Probably more inline with this red button:

And yes, I own one of those!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Pffttt just like a liberal to mock entrepreneurship, putting in the hours, and a strong work ethic.

edit on 3/15/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

I'm just gonna leave this here...

edit on 3/15/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Some mods kids eh?!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Pff, just like a conservative to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result

~Tenth

edit on 3/15/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
For The Record.

Heff was never chosen to be a mod. He just abused himself outside our offices for so long we took pity.

~Tenth

For the record, could you describe the manner in which he abused himself? The imagery here is priceless... are we talking abuse like Fight Club? Jim Carrey in Liar Liar?

Or.... was he (ahem) abusing
himself?
edit on 15-3-2013 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Oh dear.

Well between the Jim Cary-esque abuse ( think court house bathroom scene), the self vocal abuse and the pleading with the homeless man across the street to fist fight him, well we decided to let him in after he showed up one morning with a gas tank and a happy look on his face.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Quite the rigorous screening process. If that's the case I think I'd much rather work in ATS HR than be a mod.

Sounds like fun.

"He just punched himself in the genitals again, should we let him in?"

"Nah, lets see if he craps in the trash can first, and then he can fill out his W-2."

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Mod selection is like the Hunger Games.

Moderator hopefuls are groomed from a young age, depending on their district of course, for the chance of reaching the ultimate prize through violent competition.

They are pitting against one another through grueling displays of T/C knowledge, Political/Situational awareness and ability to remain vigilant.

The weeding out process is shrouded in secrecy, but in the end one is left standing, while the others are cast into the digital oblivion.

And that’s how moderators are born.

DISCLAIMER: I made this up...or did I

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

You know...now that I think of it. I've never met anybody from HR, or any other department for that matter..

Hmm..

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Good thought. I prefer to think they are trained like Spartans.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have a question, I've not seen asked....where do old MODS go...what happens to them...huh...

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You ever seen Logans Run? It's like that... but Garth giggles a lot more than the Sandmen do when he's shooting at ya. He's a blast that way.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I have a question, I've not seen asked....where do old MODS go...what happens to them...huh...

Des

Umms I've talked to and seen ( in the forums I mean) I think all the mods that are currently on staff at one time or another. RL unfortunately gets in the way a lot of the time.

Some leave of their own volition just because they've outgrown our community, which is entirely fine and appropriate in some cases.

Other times, well it's more complicated, but as you all know we don't discuss banned members or staff actions when they don't concern your individual account.

Some mods gets so caught up in the actual modding that they sometimes fade from the boards. I went through such a phase when I started after having been a really prolific poster for over 2 years.

~Tenth
edit on 3/15/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Des

Soylent Green?? err. Soylent Moderator?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That's the canned answer isn't it...I believe Heff on this one.....after all...what does he have to lose spilling the beans, at this point....

Run Heff....RUN........

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Des

To the old mods home of course

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingears

Des

I found this anonymous pic in my email...I think this may be the place....

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A secretly taped piece when Heff was interviewed for the job of Moderator.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingears

Des

I found this anonymous pic in my email...I think this may be the place....

Des

That.....is..........epic!!!

I'm off to buy all the tin foil at my local supermarket, think I'll make myself a new hat whilst I'm at it

edit on 15/3/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join