It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Mods get chosen?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Crakeur

Are you firing me?

Uh..oh...I guess you didn't get the mass u2u sent out. We are voting on your tenure right now....

Des

Bad Des.. We weren't supposed to confirm or deny that...

In fact , We neither confirm nor deny that there is a rumor that you have been fired Heff, for further details, refer to UCC-666 filed last evening, unrebutted, non rebuttable, Praetorian, Caesar Caesar Pizza Pizza....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm going to break up the humour a second, how many mods are there?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingears

With Heff heading out the door...whatever that number is...subtract one.

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

It's an ever changing number. Some days there are 2 mods for every half a regular member, other days it's 4 to one. They really want to make sure that they keep an eye on us.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Zap you mean to say you are not a MOD yet? Huh.

Fun thread guys, keep up the lighthearted side of it because heaven only knows I need a good lol type diversion right now...

Not going to point any of you out but some of the posts here have been giving me big chuckles.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008
I am not asking because I want to be a mod someday in my ats life time, that job seems really hard.

Anyways after this new Pope thing I wondered how are ats mods chosen? Their are so many of them it would seem difficult to keep track of who's doing what. Is there a process? a face to face interview? A resume that needs to filled? back ground checks? Secret meetings with Skeptic Overlord?
Any answer would be great even if you cannot go into detail. Thanks!

Before a mod is chosen he or she must go through seven levels of discipline and training. Often they will be seen atop of the Himalayas barefoot and wearing only a tunic as protection against the elements. There are five more tests like this one before having to go into the pit with other mod cadets. There they battle tooth and nail for supremacy and the top three get to stand before the Overlord, so named for his skill and understanding. It is even rumored that the character Yoda in Star Wars was created after him. Anyways, once the final contenders stand before the Overlord they will be submitted to loyalty tests of rigor unseen by most people and rivaled only by the Illuminati and the Masons. Then finally a mod is named. And lastly he will go before the ATS synod of mods for final approval or rejection. he will enter a room dressed in a full covering black robe and lay down on his face with his, or her arms spread out and cry out four times. "I will not dis-inform ! " Then he will stand and be accepted into the royal oder of the ATS and receive his, or her new avatar and phrase line.

BTW, these are deep secrets so don't tell anyone else.

edit on 15-3-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is a very important reason why mods are chosen so carefully. Some day the Big Red Button Incident will come to light again, and you will understand.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Crakeur

Are you firing me?

Uh..oh...I guess you didn't get the mass u2u sent out. We are voting on your tenure right now....

Des

Ooo, awkward.

Hey Des, like my new avatar?

Love It Beez...it looks so fresh on you...did Carl clean it for you. He tried to get that other person to take it off, just for cleaning purposes, mind you....to get all the pizza sauce stains off it...we all know how that went. The next thing Carl knew...he was being offered a cheap ring....

Where will the crying bunny avatar go...will it be a straight trade-off....

Des

edit on 15-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Pizza sauce stains. Is that what we're calling them now?
edit on 3/15/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Maybe they're chosen at bohemian grove.

edit on 15/3/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/3/2013 by kingears because: shocking grammar, i really should proof read

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Go to the main forum's page here, scroll down, and look towards the left hand side. When you get to the general chit-chat forums, you'll find a list of moderators and admins there.

edit on 15-3-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Go to the main forum's page here, scroll down, and look towards the left hand side. When you get to the general chit-chat forums, you'll ind a list of moderators and admins here.

Thank you oh chosen one

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Des

The crying bunny will go into the ATS Archive Vault. Right next to the dead alien corpse they have there.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Des

The crying bunny will go into the ATS Archive Vault. Right next to the dead alien corpse they have there.

Don't forget the time travel machine and lord lucan

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You are aware...John Titor is a MOD here.....

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Before a mod is chosen he or she must go through seven levels of discipline and training. Often they will be seen atop of the Himalayas barefoot and wearing only a tunic as protection against the elements.

You've heard of Shangri-La?

There are five more tests like this one before having to go into the pit with other mod cadets. There they battle tooth and nail for supremacy and the top three get to stand before the Overlord, so named for his skill and understanding. It is even rumored that the character Yoda in Star Wars was created after him.

Close but it was Palpatine

Anyways, once the final contenders stand before the Overlord they will be submitted to loyalty tests of rigor unseen by most people and rivaled only by the Illuminati and the Masons.

naw,, they just have to repeat the T&C from memory, and must be perfect.

Then finally a mod is named. And lastly he will go before the ATS synod of mods for final approval or rejection. he will enter a room dressed in a full covering black robe

I don't know where you guys get these crazy ideas.

We rent a private night Club in LA and have a big party. The Robe is so the new Mod is not identified before the announcement from Staff

and lay down on his face with his, or her arms spread out and cry out four times. "I will not dis-inform ! "

this part is true, sort of... It is written this way,, but because it's in a night club, the words come out I'm drunk and want to go home you freaks

Then he will stand and be accepted into the royal order of the ATS and receive his, or her new avatar and phrase line.

and the Bar tab

BTW, these are deep secrets so don't tell anyone else.

research my friend,, research

edit on 15/3/2013 by Sauron because: spellage

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Des

Oh b******s

Next you'll be telling me Steven Greer is one as well

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh see... y'all had to drag Daryl Dixon into this.... So imagine that guy who does the voice overs for every movie trailer ever made saying the following....

This time... it's personal....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
There is a very important reason why mods are chosen so carefully. Some day the Big Red Button Incident will come to light again, and you will understand.

Ohhh. The Staples Easy button

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Des

Oh b******s

Next you'll be telling me Steven Greer is one as well

Heff replaced him...but, now, everything's up in the air again.....

Des

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join