It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Mods get chosen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
People actually ASK to be a mod?!

I enjoy just coming here, bumbling around, learning, chatting and having a real life when I want it. Its like all the perks with no pressure coming here. I can leave for a week, month, whatever.. and come back to ATS without stress. Half the time when Im here, Im modding my own board with the laptop sitting beside the desktop.. and paying MUCH more attention to ATS on the laptop.
I really enjoy coming to ATS.. I dont think I would if I had to mod it, but thats me. I dont have this many people on mine and Im flooded with pms.. I cant imagine what you all have to deal with when you log in. All I can say is that you mods are one dedicated bunch.. passionate about your chosen subjects or sections.
For me, its just me and the other part owner. We dont choose mods from the members... mainly because the forum is attached to a business and it would cause more problems than I care to deal with. I truly enjoy the section I actually work in, but the modding part just plain sucks.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by jimmyx

physically harmed? No.

emotionally scarred by having to poop in front of the entire ATS staff, with everyone shouting at the poor thing? most definitely but we do have an incredible poultryatrist on hand for councelling afterward

holy maladjusted farm fowl, batman....uhmmm...the above statement IS about the chicken, isn't it?...i would hope that your "interview room" doesn't have a toilet setting in the middle of it. that information might be a little too personal, in a ANALytic way.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

of course it's about the chicken. who else would need counselling from a poultryatrist?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wait a minute... I KNEW THAT WOMAN YOU KEEP SENDING HERE WAS A THERAPIST!!!

You guys told me that she liked ME for ME... and all she ever wanted to do was lay me on the couch and ask me about my parents.....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The Mods aren't chosen, they choose themselves.

Springer...

well, jesus h. christ, springer...that sounds creepy....a cross between "tales from the crypt" and "south park"....hey...you got to get out more often

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

When you mentioned eharmony earlier.. I had a vision of your ad : ISO hot single female pig farmer. Must have smokehouse and enjoy "The Walking Dead". Prefer non-chipped conspiracy minded woman with liberal tendencies for post apocalyptic repopulation of Earth.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The British version of the mod selection test is much less harrowing.
There's some film of something very similar to it here

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Wait a minute... I KNEW THAT WOMAN YOU KEEP SENDING HERE WAS A THERAPIST!!!

You guys told me that she liked ME for ME... and all she ever wanted to do was lay me on the couch and ask me about my parents.....

Um, Heff, "she" wasn't a "she".

It was Carl.

*shakes angry fist at Carl*

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Carl??? But... but.... but... that changes everything....

Anyone wanna buy an engagement ring - really cheap?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Now now Heff, no reason to give up. I hear Carl is really sweet, and likes to cook.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Carl??? But... but.... but... that changes everything....

Anyone wanna buy an engagement ring - really cheap?

Just put it back in the Cracker Jacks box Heff....you're due for reprogramming as it stands now.

Now SO will have to reassign Carl to another project.....

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
ah yes..the sweet smell of deranged humor is in the springtime air. may i suggest a comfy lounge chair on the beaches of st. marteen, while being served a cold adult beverage by a voluptuous bar wench.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

And getting blown around by 747s landing and taking off.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Great thread, about four years ago I was wondering the same thing as the OP. I also made a thread, which turned into a place where mods had a lot of fun. Anyhow, it's a good reference.

Multiple Questions for Mods Concerning Moderatorship

Check it out.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
the truth is, we select the staff from people who post these kinds of threads. It's clear it interests them so we force, I mean ask, them to join the staff as a replacement for someone who is thrilled to be done with the nuthouse, I mean too busy in the real world to actively moderate the site.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
ah yes..the sweet smell of deranged humor is in the springtime air. may i suggest a comfy lounge chair on the beaches of st. marteen, while being served a cold adult beverage by a voluptuous bar wench.

What-cha be having, sugar?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Are you firing me?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Too funny... If only it were that easy.

I love these kinds of threads.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Crakeur

Are you firing me?

Uh..oh...I guess you didn't get the mass u2u sent out. We are voting on your tenure right now....

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

reply to post by Crakeur

Are you firing me?

Uh..oh...I guess you didn't get the mass u2u sent out. We are voting on your tenure right now....

Des

Ooo, awkward.

Hey Des, like my new avatar?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join