How do Mods get chosen?

page: 2
8
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Dark magics. Or so I hear.




posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The site owner dangles a hook in front of members and if they grab the hook he reels them in. They are imprisoned in a think tank environment and enslaved to read many stupid posts and weed out the ones that violate the rules of the site.

A mod is not chosen, they were born mods and have just received their calling



posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


There are no applications and asking to become a mod is a sure fire way to not become one. We tend to choose members who are active on the boards and level headed in discussions.





Can I plz be a mod..? I'm more level headed than all of you...so, asking should be appreciated in this case.





posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
A long time ago I too inquired about being a mod here.

I never got the mod offer, but not too long later they gave me my own website.



(true story !!)

edit on 14-3-2013 by smirkley because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley
 


Cool! If I may ask what website and doing what?



posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent008
reply to post by smirkley
 


Cool! If I may ask what website and doing what?



The link is in my signature,.. and I found a ring.



posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Here's a hint.

One member's post to this thread is actually 100% correct.


(Not joking).



posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 


Now I know . Its the Dark Magic



posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Here's a hint.

One member's post to this thread is actually 100% correct.


(Not joking).


Its either rickymouse or me.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Meh, would rather be an SME. Lot less work, lot more knowledge and prestige.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
don't create "troll bait" threads


I love you ATS staff !!!!



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
How are mods chosen?

They start with a list of potential candidates. Then through a very involved process they remove everyone who has a life, potential for a life, anything resembling a life, any chance at all of ever even getting a date or leaving their own house.

Those people are removed from the list.

Those of us who were left? Well I can only speak for me. But one night I was sitting at my computer, trying to tweak my EHarmony page in any way that might get a woman to reply to it - when suddenly three guys in like paramilitary assault / ninja suits suddenly came in my _ One pointed a weird looking gun at me - a dart struck my neck - and everything went black.

For some period of time... God only knows how long... I was in a completely dark and very small cement room. The ATS Terms and Conditions played over a loudspeaker constantly, non-stop. I had to eat roaches and spiders to survive. It was horrible. I think that months, or maybe even years passed that way.

Then, one day, the door opened. I was blinded by the light and felt another dart enter my body. I went out again. When I awoke I was back at my desk. There is a collar around my neck with strange boxes and lights on it. If I try to go outside it lights up and starts to burn. I think it's a bomb...

Oh God... Help me....

Owwww..... Owwww....

The collar shocked me.



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

How are mods chosen?

They start with a list of potential candidates. Then through a very involved process they remove everyone who has a life, potential for a life, anything resembling a life, any chance at all of ever even getting a date or leaving their own house.

Those people are removed from the list.

Those of us who were left? Well I can only speak for me. But one night I was sitting at my computer, trying to tweak my EHarmony page in any way that might get a woman to reply to it - when suddenly three guys in like paramilitary assault / ninja suits suddenly came in my _ One pointed a weird looking gun at me - a dart struck my neck - and everything went black.

For some period of time... God only knows how long... I was in a completely dark and very small cement room. The ATS Terms and Conditions played over a loudspeaker constantly, non-stop. I had to eat roaches and spiders to survive. It was horrible. I think that months, or maybe even years passed that way.

Then, one day, the door opened. I was blinded by the light and felt another dart enter my body. I went out again. When I awoke I was back at my desk. There is a collar around my neck with strange boxes and lights on it. If I try to go outside it lights up and starts to burn. I think it's a bomb...

Oh God... Help me....

Owwww..... Owwww....

The collar shocked me.



here is the perfect example folks ! do you see? become a pro BSer ! then and only then will you get summoned by the overlord



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 


yeah right, pretending you didn't LIKE the spiders and roaches


We're just not buying that part



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   


Job Title: IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
Department: Department Of State
Agency: Department of State - Agency Wide

DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Arlington, VA, US

DUTIES:
-Researches, monitors, and analyzes relevant global information security developments to prepare issue-specific presentations
-Written analyses of current information security issues and developments to include the relationship to political and economic developments
-Provides advice and guidance to US private sector organizations on existing and emerging information
-Participates in meetings, forums, and conferences to discuss information security and other US private sector security interests and concerns


APPLY NOW


Join us in helping to shape a freer, more secure and prosperous world as we formulate, represent and implement US foreign policy. Choose from hundreds of career possibilities - there's something for everyone!




*Hears a knock on the door*




posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Agent008
 


First rule of mod club.

Don't talk about the mod club.

The process involves water boarding, NSA COSMIC security clearance, a few blood rituals and an audit by a qualified Scientologist.



Good to see you dropped the a*&l probe



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
That and you have to know the secret password to the French coffee stash that's stored deep in an underground bunker, way below the known universe, and in 6 dimensions over from ours..

Come to think of it.... even I don't have that password.. and I drink Nes... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Mod life has to be sucky ....

No pay. Volunteering time. Listening to us whine.
Not being able to REALLY post and say what you want to ....
No thanks. I'd go insane. (more so than I am now).



posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
you don't get paid???...SO must be rolling in the dough
do you get a ham at christmas time? or a free bottle of advil at election times? do you get a freepass to make fun of and bitch at SO on his U2U? does each MOD have a bottle of brandy and a human-looking punching bag next to his computer? have you had your computer room soundproofed? do you get hoarse yelling the phrase F..U.. at your monitor? do you have "flat ass" from sitting for long hours in these machavillian computer chairs? are there empty potato chip bags or fast-food take-out sacks scattered around your chair? are you constantly being interrupted by family or friends who walk into your computer room and ask you about your sanity? are you finding that you don't shave or bathe for days on end?
edit on 15-3-2013 by jimmyx because: spell





new topics
top topics
 
8
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join