It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NESCO TAC (@NESCO_TAC) is now following you on Twitter, Anyone else get this follower on Twitter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm a tad bit confused about this as I don't follow anyone or any one company that conducts such business. Today, I obtained a new follower on twitter with the handle @NESCO_TAC. I normally check out what types of folks and/or organizations are following me. So far, most of my followers fall in line with my interests on twitter. By the way, I only have like 90 followers on twitter.

However, this one started following me today and I can't figure out why. Also, I'm rarely on twitter. It's the oddest follower I've had yet

I'm wondering if anyone else from ATS who uses twitter had this entity follow them? I've included a link to their website. Go check it out...I don't know what to make of it.

Anyone know what the website is all about, because I'm completely clueless:

Tactical Analysist Center
The National Electric Sector Cybersecurity Organization (NESCO)

ETA
I noticed on their website, they have "Become a Tac Volunteer Handler" section.

edit on 3/14/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would have a twitter account other than to sell something.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
looks like one of those companies i've been reading about, that scans social networks for anything
that may resemble a threat to national security, etc....or even go so far as to "predict" any potential criminal
behavior from any users on social networks. just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would have a twitter account other than to sell something.

I'm not selling anything on twitter, that's for sure...I have a simple handle and that's all and it's always been for personal use, nothing more.

If they're (NESCO TAC) trying to sell me something, I certainly don't know why I would be of interest to this company. I've certainly shown no interest in their business nor do I know what it's about

ETA
It creeps me out BTW

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Probably just a bot that amasses followers then someone comes in and buys such username and uses it to promote things.
Happens all the time on Instagram.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

That makes me feel a bit better...I think

ETA
WAIT!!! I'm not following them, they started following me...today.

ETAA
After reading the FAQ's maybe they picked up on me because I follow, support and volunteer for Water Aid.

Water Aid

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by samuel1990

That makes me feel a bit better...I think

ETA
WAIT!!! I'm not following them, they started following me...today.

ETAA
After reading the FAQ's maybe they picked up on me because I follow, support and volunteer for Water Aid.

Water Aid

I really don't think it's anything to worry about ^_^
Just keep on doing what you're doing and if something crazy happens then let us know!!! : )

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If you dig deep enough, you will find that most of your "followers" are robots.

There are hundreds of follower creation bots available, that most people don't realize exist.

top topics

join