It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Circle K Scan My Driver's License When I Buy Beer / Cigarettes?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So, stopped into the store again today, 2 24oz Corona's in hand and a pack of Marlboro's.

Clerk doesn't even ask for my ID this time.

It just doesn't make any sense

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

OP

as you are noticing, things are getting worse and worse

If nothing is done to overthrow the US government by any means necessary.

A day will come when you will need a permission to go to bathroom to do your business.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It's really simple. When stores started forcing employees to check every single ID to avoid fines, employees would often sell beer to anyone who showed an ID. Cameras almost never recorded audio, so if someone underage or a friend forgot or lost their id, they simple would say show me any card so it looks good for the camera. There's been lawsuits where clerks read the birthday on the card wrong and sold beer to a minor who got in the car, drunk driving and killed someone.

Scanning your ID (and store policy is SCAN everyday) prevents insurance from denying claims when the store gets sued because instead of humans deciding if you are old enough the computer tells the clerk to sell you the beer.

Don't be so paranoid.

I didn't double post this? What happened?
edit on 16-3-2013 by vpjanitorial because: System doubled posted???

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It's really simple. When stores started forcing employees to check every single ID to avoid fines, employees would often sell beer to anyone who showed an ID. Cameras almost never recorded audio, so if someone underage or a friend forgot or lost their id, they simple would say show me any card so it looks good for the camera. There's been lawsuits where clerks read the birthday on the card wrong and sold beer to a minor who got in the car, drunk driving and killed someone.

Scanning your ID (and store policy is SCAN everyday) prevents insurance from denying claims when the store gets sued because instead of humans deciding if you are old enough the computer tells the clerk to sell you the beer.

Don't be so paranoid.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Since when did you Americans start letting the insurance companies run the country? BTW is that working outfor you? Donèt you know they are there to help everyone? I am sure they are not in it for the mere profit.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have been reading through this and I cannot take it anymore. I have to reply and apologize if this has been stated already.

First off I noticed this myself at an ABC liquor store and I questioned it myself, did not seem right, like the state wants to know how often you purchase liquor, Personally, ITS NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS!!!! *But that’s how I personally feel about it.*

Then I start looking at a bigger picture from a sociological perspective. It should not come as a surprise to anyone here that we are being socially engineered. We also are aware of the data centers that store and track our habits.

Now let’s look at the info on a driver’s license and how scanning it can be helpful to this cause. A driver’s license / I.D. contains info that can be used to separate you into different categories and demographics in research studies; for example the age and race of people smoking and how often they purchase etc. Then they can separate this down to National, state, and local areas that have the most smokers in this example because of the address info on the id.

This is just one example of how this can be used, which is highly possibly in my eyes. We all know the gov likes spending money on research. Anyone who has taken a college level psychology or sociology class should understand that this can and really does happen.

Like I said, I do not like this and I no longer go back to the liquor store myself. If I want it that bad I will go to a bar or send someone else to the liquor store that does not care

edit on 17-3-2013 by IntrinsicMotivation because: grammer

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Don't go to Circle K. This is where the "abductions" and FEMA Camp people are taken from. There's probably a rail car that looks suspitiosly like a car carrier out back that is actually for carrying people. If you drink or smoke, they will eventually remove you from society. Soon, Circle K will sell ammunition so that they can track this sale item as well and also remove those folks from public and place them in camps.

or

Since you have to be 18 to buy smokes and 21 to buy booze, they need to see that you have a valid license and are fo the required age.
edit on 17-3-2013 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

They actually did sell ammo about a year ago....You could buy 22 LR and Budweiser at the same stop

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
So, stopped into the store again today, 2 24oz Corona's in hand and a pack of Marlboro's.

Clerk doesn't even ask for my ID this time.

It just doesn't make any sense

Maybe the clerk is a member of ATS and has been reading your posts here and recognized you???

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Anything is possible, she has crimson red hair mixed with dark black, and wears a Joker pin....

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have found that a lot of it is due to laziness... The clerk does not care to take the time to actually find the birth date calculate it in their little brains and then determine your age.. So instead they just take your ID and scan it out of laziness.. I had one clerk break my license in half which I demanded the store pay the 30 dollar fee for a new one..
It was stupid, so for the next week before I got the new license, the damn stores wouldn't take my license because it was split in half!!!! Nit wits!!
edit on 17-3-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Does she look kinda like this????

reply to post by Signals

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've got no problem with establishments doing this. I've seen too many 'stings' aimed at the bars that my friends run on the Lower East Side that focus on 'busting' a bar that does not spot an extremely well-executed fake ID. Far closer to the truth that businesses invest in that technology to guard against stings that may end up costing it large fines or its liquor license.

Also don't get the 'I'm 100 years old, so if you card me I won't take it and will go elsewhere!' crowd. I mean, if you really want to punish a bar for enforcing a rule in the way that makes it easiest for the bar. Go right ahead. But all you do as a bar owner is buy yourself aggravation when you allow some people in with an ident check -- it's not worth arguing with the kid who is next in line and keeps badgering for an explanation of why so-and-so gets carded.

I think issues like this, that present Circle K as a conduit to information compiling by FEMA towards some nefarious ends are examples of effort being expended on exactly the wrong things. The Circle K that wants the most efficient manner of determining a valid ID or the local bar that cards every single person to walk in its doors are absolutely not the problem in this country, or this world.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well, the explanation they offer seems plausible......assuming they get a lot of fake IDs, and want to have a way to prove they really did check.......

Still, the whole thing seems a bit off to me! If I were in your place, I think I would shop elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join