It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Circle K Scan My Driver's License When I Buy Beer / Cigarettes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
30 years in the future.... "You can sure bet I'll kill these people who won't accept the RFID chip to secure the safety of my family."

Heh.

Edit: Or any in between, less extreme example.. would work as well.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Ringadingasaur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ringadingasaur
reply to post by opethPA

Then I would no longer work for that company. I like working for logical employers. Or is this something you're slowly giving up.... logic to maintain job security?

Yes, the answer is yes you are. And that's what they want you to do... slowly give up all logic for the sake of job security. Slowly, slowly, slowly... step by step.

Yea, that might seem ridiculous now... but just a'keep a'lookin ahead and watch. Gets worse every day.

So you think you are worth causing damage to a store, possibly causing other people that might be worse off then you their jobs just because you don't want to verify age?

Additionally I am not slowly giving up anything professionally as I don't have to in the career I am in.

I am not saying i don't understand why some people would view this as being something bad I am saying I personally don't

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

reply to post by solomons path

"Stores can get fined for not ID'ing on every purchase. That is why you always see the signs that say "We ID under 40" . . . these are state mandated. Depending on the owner/manger they may just tell their employees to ID everyone regardles . . . or any of the other scenarios I posted above. Kids can lose their jobs over it.

If you are clearly past 40, maybe that cashier just does it to all so they never make a mistake? "

This is contradictory, stores can get fined for not ID'ing on EVERY purchase but they only ID under 40 at the same time? So they DON'T get fined for not ID'ing every purchase? Those two things are contradictory and make no sense.

Take that up with the state you live in or the business owner . . . a simple google search would prove this concept. I didn't invent this nor do I have any control over it . . . it is what it is.

F'n quit smoking if you think they are "stealing your info". Geez

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

30 years in the future.... "You can sure bet I'll kill these people who won't accept the RFID chip to secure the safety of my family."

Heh.

Edit: Or any in between, less extreme example.. would work as well.

Well . . . if you are really an "old lady" who smokes . . . You won't have to worry about 30 years from now . . . so what do you care?

edit on 3/14/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Ok, so you need to ID your grandpa and grandma for all those things?

Oooooooooooooooook..... "it's just procedure" is how they're gonna get you guys. Watch.

They are not "going to get me" because I don't believe in fairy tales or the mark of the beast or a convience store RFID chipping me if I buy a six pack.

If you had any proof to your wild paranoias that might be a different story . . .

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Ringadingasaur

You're saying you would work for a company that would fire you for not ID'ing your grandmother in other words?

Well..... well then....

No . . . I don't work for companies . . . I work for myself. So, I run things how I please. However, I'm not a college kid who can only get a night gig a the K or a burnout who is unhireable anywhere else . . . or a single mother who has to feed her kids.

Get off your delusional and overly moral high horse . . . I get it, you are an exceptionally old woman who doesn't want people keeping her from her nicotine fit. Go to another store then . . . Nobody is forcing you to go to any store, or purchase anything, or continue smoking. Those are your choices, so stop bitching about what you have to do to feed the monkey.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the candid answer. And I'm very sorry to hear that things are that bad. Really. You have my empathy.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for the candid answer. And I'm very sorry to hear that things are that bad. Really. You have my empathy.

I'm not sure I get your response . . . did you mean to direct at me?

I don't work at a convience store . . . just stating what their policies are.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Here you go again... "simply because you don't want to verify their age" You HAVE VERIFIED YOUR GRANDMAS AGE without ID'ing her. *this* is the whole point.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I don't care if they see my info, they can if they want anyway. read my later reply.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Hold on a second, if you're paying attention to what I'm saying

I've made it quite clear that it's not THESE particular incidents that are "going to get ya"

These are the first stages of it, ... well, a bit past the first stages. Compare now to the 90s... It's much worse than it is then. How will it be in the late 2010's? Even worse... then the 2020s?? even worse then.

It's a slow process. It isn't this particular one that is of concern, it's the method.

HAH. What is happening is NOT a fantasy my friend, you are living in a fantasy if you have deluded yourself into thinking that this is all Ok and not actually leading anywhere.

While I do believe in scripture and the coming of the mark of the beast, even if it WEREN'T real this would still be going the same direction that it is. and it's a bad direction. there's only one way out at this point, don't you get that?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
1. first circle k is covering their a@@. they probably have had to many clerks selling beer and cigarettes to minors.
depending on where they are at fines can be pretty hefty. by scanning and storing the data, they maybe be able to stop clerks from doing so, and can pull up the data if needed.
I agree...I was on a fishing trip in the Great White North, and the clerk carded me when I bought smokes. Seems they were popped for selling to minors, and as a result, had to check ID before they could open the till. I think they had to enter the birth year to prove it.

And as old farts...of course we were merciless.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You are totally missing the/my point. I am not an old woman, I'm a rather young man.

It's the LOGICAL aspect you're giving up. You're giving up a portion of basic logic for job security. And plus... if you own your own business or whatever then why does this even apply to you?
This will continue to increase as time goes by, and it already has. This is FACT, not fantasy. And what does any of this have to do with being on high on a morale horse or whatever...?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ringadingasaur

I can see it now

"Dude get off your high horse and accept the RFID chip like everyone else.. enough with the delusions of persecution maaaaannn... the bible is all a fantasy"

Whew...

Again, this is not what this is. Or at least the early stages of it, but it goes to show how things worsen how people will be less and less inclined to listen.

I am from a time period where this is all madness, don't you remember that time period? Any of you?

Edit: Lols I replied to meself

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

Here you go again... "simply because you don't want to verify their age" You HAVE VERIFIED YOUR GRANDMAS AGE without ID'ing her. *this* is the whole point.

So let's say the manager of that store doesn't know she is your grandmother nor does the auditor that was there. Let say that at the same time the auditor is there watching the employees because in my previous example the store has been warned 3 times. All that auditor sees is an employee selling to someone without scanning their ID which is the remediation which has been suggested. So that auditor proceeds to start the process of fining the store for not following the established guidelines. The store gets fined 50k which causes both you and another employee, you know nothing about their situation other than this is their only job,

Would it be worth it to you ?

Sound impossible , trust me it is not because I am pulling this scenario from what happened to a local store in the town I grew up in. In that case they were not scanning and were still relying on carding but the end result was the same.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Hold on a second, the same contradiction...

I thought you were allowed to Not ID if they were over 40?

So why is there someone standing by and fining you for every person you don't ID, especially a grandma? this hasn't been made clear to me yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well this same thing is happening in wisconsin

I would say we are being tracked (Conspiracy Hat On)
Hmm buying an alcoholic beverage,. six times a week,. this person
is a risk to the healthcare (obamacare)system. Flag em..

carefull.. drones in the sky

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Now, if the company were going through some temporary phase where they need to ID everyone for the sake of higher up inspectors, I can more understand that.

But then, when that is done... why can't the employees give the brief explanation of "We have to ID everyone right now because we're being inspected, even if you're over 40"

And I don't ever hear this.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

Hold on a second, the same contradiction...

I thought you were allowed to Not ID if they were over 40?

So why is there someone standing by and fining you for every person you don't ID, especially a grandma? this hasn't been made clear to me yet.

I was not in the town at the time when it happened so I don't know why that rule\regulation was not invoked.
I just know personally If i smoked or drank I wouldn't be bothered by this.
If you are then that is great and that is your choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Exactly. Spot on, could not agree more.

I too am not a spring chicken, and while having my ID check is mostly for legal reasons and not at the store level, I am noticing more and more requirements for photographic id. Which I do not have, and have no need for.

Just today I went to the local post office to collect an item the useless postie didn't deliver and instead left a card to collect. I've done this countless times.

Today.. not without phot ID. I explain to the miserable fat cow that I've been here countless times, never needed it.

"Not if it was me, I wouldn't have given you a parcel if you had no photographic ID."

suffice to say I got my item, and as I left looked direct at their security cam and explained in a voice loud enough for them all to hear "There is your effin Photo ID." so they'll remember next time.

I have bugger all ID, and I'm not going to go spend money on getting it just because they change the stupid rules to satisfy some inane bureaucratic nonsense. Everything had my address on it, and unless I am a god damned super criminal desperate for 5 nicad batteries from china to take over the world, then I doubt I'm going to insist I get my parcel which is paid for and my property. so her audacity to be smug with me left her having a terrible morning.

If a store wanted to card me every time I used their services, they'd find me having no id at all and a whole lot of shopping for them to put back, every single morning..

edit on 14-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join