It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters' Matthew Keys indicted for conspiring with hacker group 'Anonymous'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
hi

A deputy social media editor at Thomson Reuters, has been charged in a federal indictment for allegedly conspiring with members of the hacker group “Anonymous” to hack into the Los Angeles Times

Matthew Keys was charged with providing members of the group with log-in credentials for a computer server belonging to the Tribune Co., the L.A. Times parent company

He identified himself on an Internet chat forum as a former Tribune Company employee,and provided members of Anonymous with a login and password to the Tribune Company server. It says they logged in at least once and made changes to the web version of a Los Angeles Times news feature

He faces up to 10 years in prison wow

www.politico.com...

Matthew Keys, a deputy social media editor at Thomson Reuters, has been charged in a federal indictment for allegedly conspiring with members of the hacker group “Anonymous” to hack into the Los Angeles Times, the Justice Department announced today.

Keys, a former web producer for the Tribune Co-owned television station KTXL FOX 40, in Sacramento, Calif., was charged with providing members of the group with log-in credentials for a computer server belonging to the Tribune Co., the L.A. Times parent company, according to the DoJ's press release

An excerpt from the indictment. Matthew Keys used the nickname AESCracked

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I had one already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I'll honestly say yours is more informative and better for layout. If Mods want to close mine (still on new topics scrn), I have no problem. No one had replied on mine yet anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

damm sry wrabbit I flagged yours

I did a search.. mods please delete

new topics

join