It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site Predicts Pope Benedict's Departure 1 Year to the Day Before it Happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm not usually one for predictions but this unnerved me slightly. Basically on this website of mostly illegible religious ramblings, the poster said on February 11th 2012:

Other world leaders will be killed soon, and My poor Holy Vicar, Pope Benedict XVI, will be ousted from the Holy See in Rome.

Source

Sure enough, exactly 12 months after this was posted, Pope Benedict XVI announced his retirement.

Now if it hadn't been for the date I wouldn't have thought much about this post. But surely this is too much of a coincidence? A year to the day and almost even the hour and all...

I figured maybe it was and that someone was fooling around. My thoughts were that the poster had changed the dates. Basically if a site is run using wordpress (which most are) you can backdate your posts with ease so it looks as if they were up before the date created. So I checked on the internet time machine and it turns out this post was very much there throughout 2012 and subsequently probably hasn't been tampered with.

See for yourself. Put this link: www.thewarningsecondcoming.com... into archive.org...

What do people make of this? Like I say I'm not one for predictions but this is interesting. Perhaps true insider information?
edit on 14-3-2013 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would exactly describe his abdication as being "ousted". At least that's not being said.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If it had been 2 years and 61 says the poster could claim it was 'soon'.

If 730 people all thought this would happen in the next two years, one of those 730 people would be right.

Your making something out of a nonevent. Now if he had given a date, a month, or even a year rather than 'soon' that would be reasonable, but consider his age as well!

Now Ron Weinland, the false prophet claimed events as being soon, and interpreted them as he wanted because he was too obscure. (that's apart from the actual dates which were all 100% incorrect)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Well a lot of speculation has been based around the idea that he has been somewhat "convinced" to quit due to in-fighting and corruption within the Vatican, which given it's murky history is quite likely...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

And you don't think the fact it was exactly one year previous is slightly eerie at all? He's the first Pope to resign in 600 years, it's not as if his retirement was expected at all...

I may well be clutching at nothing you're right, but I'm not usually one to do this. It just seems a bit weird to me is all.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

If you're not also aware of it, you may want to check into the major internal investigation report that was handed to the Pope just before his retirement was announced and then sealed under specific orders that it be "eyes only" to the next Pope to follow him.

Others disagree but I think whatever that report turned back, he wanted nothing to do with being a part of the Church faced with dealing with it. I'm thinking it showed things too big to cover as normal or too bad to stomach that way. Just my take on the odd happenings in the Holy See.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Do you have a link buddy?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

I'm sorry... My bad on that.

ROME – Pope Benedict XVI decided to keep secret the contents of an investigative report on the “Vatileaks” scandal, ruling that the only person who will get to see it will be the next pope.

The top secret dossier details the findings of an internal investigation the pope launched last April into the so-called Vatileaks affair, in which Benedict’s former butler leaked confidential documents stolen from the papal chambers.

Italian newspapers have claimed — without attribution — that the investigation revealed a sex and blackmail scandal inside the curia.
Source

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Very interesting. Thanks.

I'm genuinely surprised more people don't find this 'prediction' kinda strange. Perhaps I've finally lost it...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
hardline Catholics...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's funny how they mix things that make sense with absolute bullsh*t:

thewarningsecondcoming.com/
masonry-has-infiltrated-my-church-on-earth-and-soon-the-schism-
as-foretold-will-create-division-and-disquiet-amongst-my-faithful-servants/

(paste the three parts together)

The "message" makes some sense, unless by this:

"There will be a panic amongst those true loyal conservative priests who will be alarmed at the new modern format the Church will embrace when they will re-launch a new type of modern alternative Church."

Oh, sure... Jesus is a "conservative"... Just because the "medium" who receive the messages is...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Man, this website is a BIG FAIL...

The "messages" claim that the new Pope Francis is a "fraud", and says this:

"It will be through the network of masonry, which is infiltrated in every corner of the Catholic Church, governments and the media, that this abomination will be presented as a great innovation.

This is the beginning of the end. My Presence will be discreetly banished for the new ceremony of the Masses."

(...)

They wish to create a secular, humanistic, façade – a façade, which masks the evil it will promote, subtly.

Oh really???

The "traitor" Pope Francis will do it?

Doesn't seem like that...

Just look what POPE FRANCIS said today, on his second day as Pope:

Pope Francis: Without faith in Christ, church is just ‘pitiful NGO’

(CNS) — Without faith in Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, the church is nothing more than a “pitiful NGO,” Pope Francis said in his first homily as pope.

source:

www.cathnewsusa.com...

Strange way that Pope Francis has to turn the Church in a "secular, humanistic, façade", uh? Speaking against it in his first homily as pope...

This shows how this website is a FAIL!

new topics

top topics

join