It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"CERN" was "OERN", an anagram for "NERO", NERO adds up to 666

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This post of mine is lost in a large thread:

Apollyon, The bottomless pit and the Large Hadron collider
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Selahobed
started on 9/28/2009 @ 04:02 PM

With the Higgs Boson announcement today I thought I'd bring this idea of mine back to the surface and give it it's own thread. Enjoy.

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I'm only up to page four of this very interesting thread, but I've already (last year) done a little research into the LHC/bottomless pit
connection as it relates to the passage in Revelation telling the wise to calculate the number of the beast, and I thought I should bring this up:

Revelation 13:18
"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666." [NIV]

Some believe that the book of Revelation was a thinly veiled political statement against the emperor Nero, and that John was actually lambasting the persecution of Christians in his own time, etc., and that John's reference to the beast and his number, 666, was pointing at Nero, whose name calculated using Gematria* totals 666.

"Gematria or gimatria (Hebrew: גימטריה‎, gēmaṭriyā) is a system of assigning numerical value to a word or phrase, in the belief that words or phrases with identical numerical values bear some relation to each other, or bear some relation to the number itself as it may apply to a person's age, the calendar year, or the like." -en.wikipedia.org...

Last year I was looking into CERN on Wikipedia and discovered the following:

"History
The convention establishing CERN was signed on 29 September 1954 by 11 countries in Western Europe.a[›][1] The acronym CERN originally stood, in French, for Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire (European Council for Nuclear Research), which was a provisional council for setting up the laboratory, established by 11 European governments in 1952. The acronym was retained for the new laboratory after the provisional council was dissolved, even though the name changed to the current Organisation Européenne pour la Recherche Nucléaire (European Organization for Nuclear Research) in 1954.[4] According to Lew Kowarski, a former director of CERN, when the name was changed, the acronym could have become the awkward OERN, and Heisenberg said that the acronym could "still be CERN even if the name is [not]".[citation needed]

Soon after its establishment, the work at the laboratory went beyond the study of the atomic nucleus, into higher-energy physics, an activity which is mainly concerned with the study of interactions between particles. Therefore the laboratory operated by CERN is commonly referred to as the European laboratory for particle physics (Laboratoire européen pour la physique des particules) which better describes the current research being performed at CERN." -

en.wikipedia.org...

Notice that the original acronym for "CERN" was "OERN", an anagram for "NERO", and that NERO adds up to 666 using Gematria.

Spooky (Mulder), or what?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3/14/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yeah, if you say so.

You can twist and turn anything to fit with everything.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

It's also an anagram for Reno! A gambling city or an attorney general, take your pick. I guess it's all 666.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
PS -

Why is there a statue of the Hindu god Shiva (The Destroyer) outside the CERN labs?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Because scientists are randy so and sos and that statue is oddly arousing.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh, look! Another one of these threads. I blame that awful Jim Carrey movie.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here's another co-incidence, submitted for your approval...

The first proton–proton collisions were recorded by the LHC on November 23, 2009. Nov. 23. In western astrology Scorpio ends on or about Nov. 22, and Saggitarius begins on or about Nov. 23. The 2012 alignment occurs in the dark rift of the Milky Way in the area between Scorpio and Saggitarius. They scheduled the event to coincide with the astrological transition between Scorpio and Saggitarius. What do you make of that?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Item

'Something may come through' dimensional 'doors' at LHC
www.theregister.co.uk...

A top boffin at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) says that the titanic machine may possibly create or discover previously unimagined scientific phenomena, or "unknown unknowns" - for instance "an extra dimension".

"Out of this door might come something, or we might send something through it," said Sergio Bertolucci, who is Director for Research and Scientific Computing at CERN

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

the statue is very fitting. they destroy hadrons in a circular collider.

i like it. (not what she represents but the statue in regards to their work. )

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

666 means nothing , its old news ... the number is 616
Beast’s real mark devalued to ’616′
All's well then

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Are you really trying to "expose" science? What a joke.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

And 47 is the new 42, adjusted for inflation.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

PS -

Why is there a statue of the Hindu god Shiva (The Destroyer) outside the CERN labs?

Shiva is also "the creator", and "Lord of the dance" - it is only ignorant westerners who insist upon considering only the destructive elements.

A smidgen of research would have lead you to this page:

On June 18, 2004, an unusual new landmark was unveiled at CERN, the European Center for Research in Particle Physics in Geneva — a 2m tall statue of the Indian deity Shiva Nataraja, the Lord of Dance. The statue, symbolizing Shiva's cosmic dance of creation and destruction, was given to CERN by the Indian government to celebrate the research center's long association with India.

In choosing the image of Shiva Nataraja, the Indian government acknowledged the profound significance of the metaphor of Shiva's dance for the cosmic dance of subatomic particles, which is observed and analyzed by CERN's physicists. The parallel between Shiva's dance and the dance of subatomic particles was first discussed by Fritjof Capra in an article titled "The Dance of Shiva: The Hindu View of Matter in the Light of Modern Physics," published in Main Currents in Modern Thought in 1972. Shiva's cosmic dance then became a central metaphor in Capra's international bestseller The Tao of Physics, first published in 1975 and still in print in over 40 editions around the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The first proton–proton collisions were recorded by the LHC on November 23, 2009. Nov. 23. In western astrology Scorpio ends on or about Nov. 22, and Saggitarius begins on or about Nov. 23. The 2012 alignment occurs in the dark rift of the Milky Way in the area between Scorpio and Saggitarius. They scheduled the event to coincide with the astrological transition between Scorpio and Saggitarius. What do you make of that?

you do realise that

1) the galactic rift is so massive that it would take hundreds of thousands of eyars to actually cross it
2) the galactic rift is very far away
3) in a 3d universe, there is always a straight line alignment form any point to any point
4) astrology is complete hokum
5) there was no magical 2012 alignment
6) this thread is stupid
7) you claim an event in 2009 was timed to coincide with an (fictious) event in 2012? seems like these clever scientists were a few years off....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I think you have too much time on your hands...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis
6) this thread is stupid

Isn't it though?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If I tried hard enough I could pick random words from random pages in random books and make a sentence out of it.

So?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ronald Wilson Reagan = 666

If you look for 666, you'll find it everywhere, just like those nut jobs that have convinced themselves that 11:11 has some kind of significance because the "SEE" it everywhere.

666 is a myth born out of a mythology adopted and customized by filthy desert nomads.

How many prophetic foretellings did the Ancient Egyptian gods tell about? oops, hundreds of millions of people that followed that faith must of been wrong.

How many prophetic foretellings did the Ancient Greek and Roman gods tell about? oops, hundreds of millions of Greeks and Romans that followed those faiths must have been wrong.

How could BILLIONS of people throughout history have been wrong?
Well, they were.

The big 3 that came from filthy desert nomads: Christianity, Judaism, Islam?
one day all these will be dead mythologies too.

Hinduism, however, seems to have some staying power. It's the oldest living religion on the planet going back at least 6000 years. They might actually have something there, maybe?
Ah, but, even with Hinduism, eventually that too may die away as with all the other religions dead and gone to dust, and all those that will rise and fall in the future.

666 is meaningless and worthless.
Look for it if you will and want, but, you're wasting your time, just like the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Vikings, Mayans, Celts, and anyone else that worshipped gods that are long gone dead and near forgotten except as examples of what will happen to us all.

join