It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters 'investigating' Matthew Keys after 'Anonymous' indictment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Thomson Reuters is 'investigating' the federal indictment against social media editor Matthew Keys, which charges him with allegedly conspiring with members of the hacker group “Anonymous” to hack into the Los Angeles Times.

Oh? This is interesting. Anonymous had someone from Reuters among it's members? Oh goodness... Now that is quite a story, isn't it?

Now Reuters meant for this to help, I'm sure...

We would also observe the indictment alleges the conduct occurred in December 2010; Mr. Keys joined Reuters in 2012, and while investigations continue we will have no further comment.”

However, when taken with the rest? It somehow falls short of comforting.

Keys, a former web producer for the Tribune Co-owned television station KTXL FOX 40, in Sacramento, Calif., was charged with providing members of Anonymous with log-in credentials for a computer server belonging to the Tribune Co., according to the Dept. of Justice. Keys was terminated from KRXL Fox in 2010 and joined Reuters in Jan. 2012.
Source

To paraphrase dear old Paul Harvey (RIP), that is getting 'The rest of the story...', isn't it?

I suppose that gives us all a glimpse into how things work for some of what we hear about and see on the public side. Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that. I caught this on a breaking news feed I follow though, so it sounds ongoing for developments.

* Thanks to goou111 and his work at catching a more lengthy article from the same source on this topic, I'm adding his link to this thread as well. I hope it adds additional context and information for what is happening on this case.

2nd Source w/ more detail and context
edit on 14-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Closed....per OP request....in favor of the later thread with more info.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Thu Mar 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

join