It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When US Soldiers become the victims, it's time to look hard at things.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is just absurd. The world of Private Military Contractors of all sorts is getting out of hand. Perhaps this is how the Pentagon is showing fewer and fewer warm bodies on Military payroll yet the money being spent is still over half a trillion and far beyond anything remotely close to that of any other nation in the world. Outsourcing has it's VERY serious drawbacks I'd say.

Co-plaintiffs Chris Hemwall, Patrick Shelley and Zackary Hombel were wounded in the March 19, 2011 shootings at Forward Operating Base Frontenac.
"The Tundra security guard had previously been fired by Tundra because he had threatened to attack United States troops," the complaint states. "At the time that he was fired, Tundra's manager specifically recommended that this individual, who posed such a dangerous threat, not be rehired. Tundra failed to properly document the guard's threats, the circumstances of his firing, and failed to report to the United States military the danger the guard posed to U.S. and coalition military forces.

As a result of Tundra's actions and inactions, the security guard was rehired by Tundra." The complaint adds: "Within days of being rehired by Tundra, he carried out his prior threats with the weapon provided by Tundra. The guard launched an attack, killing Rudy Acosta and Donald Mickler Jr. inside the 'protected' security zone at FOB [Forward Operating Base] Frontenac.
(Spacing added by me)

The search of the quarters was even more interesting.

A later search of the shooter's quarters by U.S. military investigators revealed large amounts of different types of narcotics, including hashish and opium."

The overall issue here is pretty basic though. At least to my thinking, it's nothing all that complex. We have our military outsourcing some of their very basic needs and it's getting them killed.

It's not just the military though as the outer perimeter security of the Benghazi State Department compound was also in the trusty hands of locals. They were so capable, they fully and in great detail, documented the blowing out of the side wall months before the last attack ...yet did nothing to stop it from happening.

In this case, the contractor's responsibility was clear and they failed, in all ways. So did our own side for allowing the problem to exist though.

"The [November 2009] agreement required that Tundra perform ordinary and necessary safety precautions to protect the men and women living, working and serving at FOB Frontenac. Among other things, Tundra was required to screen and vet security guards, ensure that the guards were properly processed and that documentation was in place for any security guards who were disciplined or fired, and monitor the guards in general, and to prevent the use of possession of drugs/narcotics by the guards."
Source

I think, perhaps, if we are going to be at war the trick is to BE THERE. Not contract it out and hope for the best as our guys and unknown civilians with unknown training or loyalties mix in and out, freely. The killings of U.S. troops by "friendly" forces on bases in Afghanistan has really become numerous and too frequent to keep over looking.

My feelings of just getting our people out entirely are fairly well known, but if we must have Americans there, let's not have them getting shot from those they thought they could trust ...paid by our own side to be inside our bases. Just a thought. Crazy one?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The vast majority of "Blue" on "Green" is done by ANA (Afghanistan National Army) and Afghanistan Police. This is a rare occurrence of local contractor doing the attack and a complete failure of the company in regards to this individual.

I have been both active duty and contractor and I can tell you that the use of contractors saves money and military lives. I agree this shouldn't have happened but it is a rare event. Now, the problem with infiltration into the Afghanistan Army and Police is a whole different matter. And a much larger problem.

After spending over a year and a half there, I agree we should leave. There isn't anything more for the US military to do. And with Karzai claiming US/Taliban collusion, I say we leave and see how long he and his drug trafficking brother lasts without US protection.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We need to quit sticking our noses where the do not belong. Bring the troops home. It is way past time to cut the Military Industrial Complex off the tits of the American tax payer so we can afford to have things like libraries, medical care, music and sports in our schools, housing for seniors and veterans, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
When one country is issuing handguns to troops as personal defense weapons against just such attacks.....
this is indeed far beyond serious.
Theyre not there to make friends thats pretty obvious.
They are just there to protect the pipeline and the drug business for the CIA>
Any nation building is a sham.....the people know it and respond...end of story.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
When one country is issuing handguns to troops as personal defense weapons against just such attacks.....
not really

top topics

join