It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa! Man predicts Pope Francis' name 48 hours BEFORE his election!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

BLINKS

FFS - is it really too much to expect people to show some evidence that a prediction was made - before the event it concerns ?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Why do people always leave out blind luck or inside knowledge after a prediction? When someone guess it right, everyone is astounded, when they don't they just walk away.
I made a lot of blind guesses in my life but never screamed about predictions. Out of 7 billions people and billions of billions of facts happening every day someone has to guess 1 right at least

BTW, using the same reasoning, every football supporter showing a flag depicting the victory of his team is actually making a prediction.
edit on 16-3-2013 by tyltyl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I think he either guessed (highly unlikely), or he had some contacts, eg. perhaps the name of the new pope is chosen before the pope is chosen, like perhaps the old pope asked the conclave to name the next one Francis for some reason.

Originally posted by Montana
Or maybe then man was showing support for Francis Arinze (Nigeria) who was considered a front runner right up to when the new pope was announced?

Nah, couldn't be.

In one way it could be, since the sign didn't say that it was a prediction or anything, but then again it did say "Francis I", as in Francis the first, not "Francis Anrinze". The fact that it mentions Francis the first is the important bit.

Originally posted by Wookiep
Aren't there supposed to be like 1.2 billion Catholics? Why is it so amazing that one person (prolly many more than that) supported and predicted the new pope in advance? Or am I missing something?

edit on 14-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

He predicted the name the Pope "chose", not his original name.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Actually maybe he was rooting for cardinal Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa of Chile
he was also a contender!

Yep .. gotta' go with this.
We don't know if the fella was making a prediction or not. But the more likely thing is that he was casting his vote (so to say) for who he wanted as pope. There was a lot of that going on around the Vatican before the conclave.

Wouldn't the sign say "Francisco of Chile" or similar, in order to distinguish wich of the Fransicos he's supporting. And what was the significance of the 1 after Fransisco, I read that as Fransisco the first.

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
If this is a gay activist, the man in the picture is making a political statement - not a prediction. He's picked the name for the same reason Pope Francis did. The Church is severely devided on many issues.
edit on 15-3-2013 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

I see, but whats the significance of Francis? I suppose the Pope mentioned it, but I haven't heard the explanations for his choice of name.
edit on 16-3-2013 by salainen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have a radical idea. Maybe it says France.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

I have a radical idea. Maybe it says France.

It almost clearly says "FRANCESCO" to me.. I am half Italian, and the English translation is "FRANCIS",
The name "FRANCES" is typically for women and would be "FRANCESCA" in Italiano.

Just as "PIETRO" means "PETER" or "PAULO" means "PAUL" in Inglese (English).

Papa is the word for "FATHER" but is also used for "POPE", not just to call him "Father" as a Priest its a friendly respectful colloquialism for Italians to say Il Papa, just as they used to say " Il Duce" for Mussolini, its sort of a nickname.

But it definitely means Francis.. Emphasis on -CIS and not - CES.

Its an amazing prediction no matter who spins it what way.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by RadioKnecht

As for this man, there could be a chance he is simply Argentinian or a fan of Francis and wanted him to become the next pope. No big deal.

Again, Pope Francis I's real name isn't Francis - it's Jorge. So, if he had wanted this man to become the Pope, he would have used his name, Jorge (and his surname, I am sure). He couldn't have known beforehand that Jorge would choose the papal name Francis.

I wonder why this point is so difficult to understand?

edit on 17-3-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join