It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lanza studied previous mass killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
New information about the Newtown shooter Adam Lanza is coming out. Apparently he was obsessed with mass shootings and was planning this attack for a while. Also its very interesting that he knew how to handle his riffle very well, he made everybody think that he never left his house while he was actually practicing "tactical loading" his rifle (but no one ever noticed it).

A real life Jason Bourne...

Why is it so hard for me to believe that it's the same Adam Lanza in the pictures?

Source: Lanza studied previous mass killings

State Police investigators who executed search warrants at the Yogananda Street home where the 20-year-old Lanza lived recovered reams of documents related to "virtually every mass murder" in the United States and abroad, the source said.

The source said that Lanza used what law enforcement professionals call "tactical loading" in firing the semi-automatic rifle, putting a fresh magazine into the weapon before completely emptying the previous one.

The source also said investigators have had some success in tracing Lanza's movements prior to the shooting by using cell phone technology. Of particular interest, the source said, was a number of trips he made to the Danbury Fair mall the previous April and May.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sourced from his smashed hard drive?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
When are Americans going to wise up and ban the study of mass killings?!
2nd

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The source said that Lanza used what law enforcement professionals call "tactical loading" in firing the semi-automatic rifle, putting a fresh magazine into the weapon before completely emptying the previous one.

Although the technique is commonly used in the violent video games that Lanza reportedly spent endless hours playing in his basement, he exhibited a proficiency at it that make investigators believe he had previously done it with a real weapon.

Read more: www.newstimes.com...

and what is their source?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ummm.... Mountains out of Mole Hills. Basic education on "tactical shooting" teaches you to count your rounds and know your shot count. It's a challenge to do...but pretty important too. In fact, it would be something a gamer would do by nature.

(Gamers....? How many times have you gotten fragged because you had 3 rds left coming around a corner and WHAMMO! ...the other guy had a full magazine while you tried reloading?) He was an avid gamer...the mental approach would already be there with extensive advance thinking they suggest he put into it.

This also suggests something scarier that I've suspected for awhile but proof hasn't been real easy to find. These little freaks ARE aware of each other in terms of their own planning and acts. They're keeping friggen score and trying to out-score each other for the places of infamy. It's the most logical conclusion and explains the ever escalating nature of some of these very pre-meditated spree killers.

It doesn't bode well for what is yet to come from new ones, either.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A few things I find very odd and make me want to doubt this information (disclaimer: this is only my opinion)

1.) destroy computer to cover something up when one knows it will be a suicide mission. Why bother?
2.) kill mother. It's just too convenient for the conspiracy. By getting rid of mom, any mystery around this killer and his persona will remain a mystery. Since he supposedly has had very little if any outside contact with the world since graduating high school, his mother is the only one who could divulge information that would explain why this happened, or if it was a conspiracy.
3.) how far down the road are we now from the event? 3 months to the day. If information like this takes this long to get out, it hints of people making time to get their ducks in a row to effect an agenda (whatever that may be).

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In before 404!

I still don't believe any of this Lanza story. Tactical loading doesn't enable a person to carry their body weight in gear and weapons. I figure he's a modern day Lee Oswald.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
the state police stated the previous report did not come from them, I expect they will also do so here

I think this is all speculation

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the state police stated the previous report did not come from them, I expect they will also do so here

I think this is all speculation

Could be. But I suspect it doesn't have to be unless somebody is trying to cover something up. We still haven't seen any surveillance video, even the front door stuff which wouldn't show things that offended grieving parents, nor have we even heard of any video existing despite the fact that the school supposedly had a nice system installed.

3 months down the road with all of the nutcase harping on the event with widespread popularity as evidenced by the hits on the Anonymous videos, ample opportunity to truly debunk the conspiracy theorists, and they still haven't done it. They have also kept the cards close to the chest and the whole thing has virtually fallen off of the radar. If my child was done in in such a manner, you'd better bet I'd make sure some questions were answered and this has not happened here. I may be odd, but I'm not that odd and I'd think at least one of the members of that community would demand some answers.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Well I have been to website for Danbury Fair Mall and the only stores of interest would be Dick's Sporting Goods and Sears. Those would have been the places he could have purchased weapons or ammunition. Long ways out though, March and April and the assault was in December. 9 months of planning. Unless the cops are trying to suggest he was doing recon at the mall.

Also, everyone keeps making the assumption that he went to the gun range and there has been no confirmation of that. He was not 21. You have to be 21 to get a gun permit, I would think the same thing would apply for buying guns and ammunition. It has been assumed he was carrying his brother's driver's license and that is how his identity was confused initially. If that is the case I wonder how long he had the id.

Can someone please explain why it would take an additional 6 months to figure out what is on the hard drive. It has already been 3 months. And why will there not be a report until June??

Here is what sucks about this. They are in charge of the narrative, they will write this story. We will have to accept how they want to depict Lanza's actions and so the mystery will never be resolved.

On edit: Why would he have "reams" of material? Wouldn't that be information you would have stored on your computer? He had 2.
edit on 14-3-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Funny, I didn't have to learn counting rounds as I fired them from a video game. My sergeant made damned sure I had that figured out.

As for for the mass murdering monsters learning from video games, not an issue, because the most dangerous game is a board game. Monopoly, control the property/money and you win. (Not to mention the bank can always make more money....)

So which lesson is more dangerous? The importance of counting your rounds, or controlling the money?

I'd put my money on the latter.

M.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The whole thing is just another attempt to demonize the patsy in lieu of coming up with any real evidence against Lanza, like fingerpirint, gunshot residue, ballistics, motive, etc.

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Unless the cops are trying to suggest he was doing recon at the mall.

Obviously. We're supposed to think "it could have been me!!!"

Also, everyone keeps making the assumption that he went to the gun range and there has been no confirmation of that.

Well, there is this, which of course is also a Sandy Hook state secret:

www.thedailybeast.com...
"The investigation also uncovered a video of Lanza shooting guns with friends, according to Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut’s chief medical examiner."

Can someone please explain why it would take an additional 6 months to figure out what is on the hard drive. It has already been 3 months. And why will there not be a report until June??

Because by then it will be considered ancient history by a public that has no attention span, and hence will be of little interest to most.

Why would he have "reams" of material? Wouldn't that be information you would have stored on your computer? He had 2.

Exactly. They are probably just making this part up.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

o rly, he practiced tactical loading? surely not with the rifle found in his trunk that was never brought into the school.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The mods must be asleep. It hasn't 404'd yet

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

shhhh, mustn't wake them =P

in all seriousness though, the only reason this thread hasn't been deleted is because it espouses the official story. several threads have met the t&c and recent rules applied to the topic, yet they questioned and were either "staff reviewed" or 404'd. i love this site, but the policies enacted on sandy hill threads are biased.

new topics

top topics

join