It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got a phone call...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The number was 202-033-7865. Washington DC area code. When I answered I heard an unusual click sound then static then it disconnected. I tried calling back and it said the number was no longer in service.

Googled the number and only a few pages came up, odd since normally telemarketer numbers have lots of search results on google. The top page in the results whocallsme.com... has one person who reported getting a call from this number 2.5 hours before I did.

I had a long phone conversation with an old friend of mine yesterday and we were talking about all kinds of conspiracy stuff, like we usually do. I'm sure we dropped plenty of flag words.

I'm not saying the NSA is calling me, but this call made me a little uncomfortable.

Anyone else ever get a weird call from DC?
edit on 14-3-2013 by ZeroReady because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

They got a copy of your voice's frequency range and can now produce a recording of you saying anything they want. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Some people laugh, but I did a research paper on NSA last semester. If you don't think they can actually do that stuff, listen to interviews with Thomas Drake and Bill Binney, two NSA whistleblowers.

Those guys don't mess around.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I did a quick look and it seems to be a wireless number.

That's all I could find, but often times these types of numbers are from debt collectors or salespeople. They use generic numbers so that you don't know exactly who is calling. The reason they hung up is because the call was made along with a 100 others and one of the other numbers answered first......dropping the other dialed lines. Of course, a computer made the call.

Does that make sense?

edit on 14-3-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry too much about it. About 75 % of the time they never follow these things through much further than the initial check. If you have any kind of record though, they may investigate a bit further. You might start to notice some other odd things. Main thing is though, if you really have nothing to hide, you should be o.k.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

My bad. I was just messing around cause I thought you wanted some doom to get the adrenaline flowing. I didn't know it was actually possible.

eta: I wasn't trying to stop the doom with this post. Let the doom flow please. I enjoy it too.
edit on 3/14/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A couple weeks ago I pulled out my celly to find that it seemed to be either playing or recording audio. The title was "unknown audio" and the media player it was using I had never seen before. After about 10 seconds, during which I could hear light static, it stopped and seemed to return to normal. Weird I thought. Then a day or so later, my voicemail icon was up indicating 4 new voicemails. I called vm, but it had no new messages nor had I missed any calls. After several days the notice finally went away. Just chalking the whole experince up to NSA

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I guess just a wierd coincidence, but I have a number calling me and clicking off when I answer. One time I called back and when it picked up all I could hear was a beep sound. I guess that must mean a fax machine, except it never made those sounds when it called me.

Then at the end of the day, we recieved a text from that number on our cell phone that said (in a computer generated voice) "Thank you for your call, we will call you back as soon as possible."
This was in french, as we are in France, so I guess it has nothing to do with your incident, but I admit it has been creeping me out.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
The number was 202-033-7865. Washington DC area code. When I answered I heard an unusual click sound then static then it disconnected. I tried calling back and it said the number was no longer in service.

Googled the number and only a few pages came up, odd since normally telemarketer numbers have lots of search results on google. The top page in the results whocallsme.com... has one person who reported getting a call from this number 2.5 hours before I did.

I had a long phone conversation with an old friend of mine yesterday and we were talking about all kinds of conspiracy stuff, like we usually do. I'm sure we dropped plenty of flag words.

I'm not saying the NSA is calling me, but this call made me a little uncomfortable.

edit on 14-3-2013 by ZeroReady because: typo

If it helps

I made a phone call and hung up because it was the wrong number, but not in the US, sorry not really a help

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

A friend that was over night before last received a call from that number while we were playing cards, complete with click and static. We also Google searched the number and came up empty handed other than the area code being the D.C. area. We have been teasing him that it was the FBI checking his location.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Im in Canada and YES I DID!!!!!!!!

I won 2000$ travel dollars. That's all it was, a recording.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
get it all the time in the UK. its usually someone or something trying to harvest your number and/or sell you something. only ever on my landline though. we don't use the landline so I unplugged it and carried on using my mobile

I would imagine if someone wanted info from you they would use a better method than "prank calls"?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Umm, yep, a few years back. In fact two of them. I guess my mother was right, I was just toooo smart for my own good.

first one was from some guy sounding like a desperado threatening me, gosh now that you mention it, I cant remember the exact words he used. The second one told me in essence what it was all about. The identification of the number came up, and it was then I knew. Out of respect, and not fear, I will keep the parties identity, bah ha haha, a secret

Do I know what it was all about? I cant say for certain, but I do know what it should all be about
I just hope and pray they do too.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

If it were the NSA or Cybercommand - it would have been a 443, 410, or 301 area code - assuming the call came from their Headquarters. Of course one would assume that they could spoof any number they wished and choosing Washington DC wouldn't be very stealthy if they were playing games or doing any sort of electronic reconnaissance. They could have simply spoofed an Idaho area code, for example - and taken a fleeting second to ask you if you're happy with your current wireless service or something... the kind of call that nobody willingly continues.

As for getting a digital sample of your voice for future modulation? No need to call. If you use any phones whatsoever, then you're already ripe for sampling. No need to make a special call to enable or activate it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yeah, I don't really believe it was NSA calling to check on me. However, two things strike me as weird about it.

1. DC area code. Never in my life have I received a call from that area of the country.
2. One hit on google for this number. One other person got a call and reported it. Same experience.

When you search for a number that's used by telemarketers, collections, education scammers, you always see other people complaining about them. Not so with this one.

I don't know...just odd is all.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Sheepslayer247 is correct. I worked in debt collections both for private companies and the U.S Dept of Education and they both use what is called a "automated dialer system". Which a computer makes the call and dials many different numbers at once. The computer will drop the line when there is a answer on any of those given numbers.

When I skipped the number I could really find anything. However if I had the right pay to use software I could get all the information I need about it.

Good luck.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

202 is Washington but never in my life have I ever seen an exchange that started with 0. When I was a kid they started with letters. Mine was MIchigan. I never saw 0 for the first number of an exchange.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I just looked up Washington DC exchanges. The exchange is the first three digits after the area code. For instance I am in 757 for southern Virginia and my phone number starts 723 the 723 is the exchange for the area of Hampton a city in southern Virginia. There are no exchanges in Dc that start with a zero, They start with 2, 3, some 6

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A more likely scenario is someone dialed a wrong number, it was a predictive dialer being used by a company or the CLID is just wrong. Additionally without knowing more hearing a mechanical sounding click doesn't have to mean anything other then a number was not in a campaign so that dialer is dropping the call.

of course their could be something nefarious about it but I guarantee you I can call you from that same number tomorrow and I am located in a different place then WA.
edit on 14-3-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I received two calls yesterday at exactly the same time on my cell and home numbers. I didn't answer but the call display read :+1-999-999-9999. I googled it to no avail. Creepy!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join