It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Times - Peril from 'Patriots" (we all need to be 'closely monitored')

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Excellent post from the comments section:

According to the Uniform Crime Report by the FBI,

"Some 33,000 violent street gangs, motorcycle gangs, and prison gangs with about 1.4 million members are criminally active in the U.S. today. Many are sophisticated and well organized; all use violence to control neighborhoods and boost their illegal money-making activities, which include robbery, drug and gun trafficking, fraud, extortion, and prostitution rings. We’re redoubling our efforts to disrupt and dismantle gangs through intelligence-driven investigations and new initiatives and partnerships."

The Top 10 on the FBI wanted list 6 non-"White men" despite the population being 70% White.

The death toll by murder in Chicago over the past decade is greater than the number of American forces who have died in Afghanistan since the beginning of Operation Enduring Freedom, according to a police analysis.

The Chicago 2012 Murder Report shows that 75.3% of Murders were African American despite being 13% of the overall population, 18.9% were Hispanic, and 4.6% were White. These statistics are similar in most major urban areas.

This article falsely and maliciously labels "White men" as a greater danger than "international terrorists"? Do you think people are stupid??

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is such BS; these groups are not hate groups or extremist. They are just concerned citizens, and they have good reasons to be concerned. Our right is under attack, we have to draw the line at the constitution, and tell the Fed NO!! It is time to get back to states’ rights, not Fed rights. The true haters are the liberal extremist, otherwise known as proggressives. Adolf Hilter was a proggressive, look what that brought.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm just glad I'm not an American Citizen.

Oh, Wait...

I just remembered, the US is sending additional troops to "help us protect", Australia and its newly discovered Oil reserves... :
edit on 3/15/2013 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Who cares what he thinks. At least for now, even our tyrannical government think this guy is just a troll while I'm sure a couple in Washington may agree with him. He's obviously a troll abusing his privilege of writing national stories for newspapers to rile up some folks because he's a troll and he has nothing better to do.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The US has always been a leader in many domains: technological, political, social. You name it. That's why they call it "the new world".

The 2nd amendment is unique in that it provides the general public with the right to acquire tools of self-defense so people can defend themselves against enemies, foreign or domestic.

If you combine that knowledge with what has been written in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

It all becomes pretty clear what needs to be done. Governments haven't been serving the needs of their people for a long time, but have been enabling their master to enslave everybody and to award the very few. The US, like almost all western countries, is no longer the democratic republic it used to be, but has become an empire where only the strongest will survive, controlled by a small elite.

But like I said, the US always has been a precursor in many domains. When people will have had enough, they will eventually revolt and create a new, better nation. The rest of the world will see it as an example and follow it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Sigh.

I'm of the opinion that everyone should be required to own at least one handgun and know how to use it.

I'm also of the opinion that no one single person should need more than 5 different types of firearm, where anything more should call for registration of a "collector's" license or something similar.

Controversial, yes, but, it'd allow all the gun nuts to have some guns, as well as satisfy worries over people stockpiling arsenals.

Sigh indeed! That is about one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Ah gee people can only fire one gun at a time for the slow hello. Having more then 5 guns doesn't make one automatically more dangerous. What did you think a person with 20 guns was going to fire them at you all at once?

Thinking one has any authority to limit private property one can own makes one anti-american. Gee maybe we ought to limit the amount of stupid statements you can make so the anti-gun nuts can have their free speech without annoying freedom loving Americans to much...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

When things get as they currently are, where a segment of the population forsakes the democratic process and simply states that they will rebel against the nation, period? Well that sort of rhetoric and ultimatum does have consequences. Since this hyperbole began I have been told to "get the Hell out of America" no less than four or five times, along with some vague threats about how I'll be the first one they target when the shooting starts.

And I am not even against gun ownership.

The hyperbole is simply to the point where anyone not screaming for insurrection and murder of the Executive is seen as being a traitor.

Sorry to be the voice of reason here. But mobs are never right. And much of America currently is behaving like a mob.
Ummm....your right...lets break it down shall we...

Patriot act
NDAA
2 billion (with a B) hollow point rounds
2700, plus fancy new quasi tanks
Drones, drones and more drones...
lists of "your a terrorist...if"
"see something, say something"
encroachments on rights
etc ad nauseum....

Yet because people choose to vent their frustration with the above in an internet forum, your progressive mind sees that as evidence of real intent...Give me a freaking break

You made yourself a target for this venting by proudly proclaiming how you voted for all of this crap TWICE and then you author a thread written like a letter to your great leader that your now disillusioned because you finally woke up from the spell.......

Read that again..........YOU...made YOURSELF a target...people vented frustration...you had a change of heart or saw the light or sobered up or came down or whatever the reason was and now your complaining because you got slammed for your support of those destructive and divisive policies that you voted for originally?

Talk about waffling dude...get a grip...we all say crap in the heat of the moment that has no basis in any reality and can be tied directly to simple, helpless, frustration, as we get to suck it up and watch our whole world change for the worse...

Forsakes the democratic process? When did...we...have a say in any of this? Don't you dare tell me that it's because of the ones that we elected. We elected them to uphold the constitution...Period...They all went "off the reservation" and gave us that list of crap that has everyone fuming....

And dont tell me that you didn't vote FOR all that, that you only voted for the "hope and change" part, cause it all came as a package and you voted for the package..........I voted for Gary Johnson and would have Voted for Ron Paul...So there were other choices out there...you chose tyranny. So stop crying because you got called out and called names.......Sticks and stones Hefficide...Sticks and stones...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I would gently remind you guys that we had this same kind of thinking in the 90's with the "militia movement" which led to the patsy Tim Mcveigh & the OKC bombing

Which begs the question "What do they have up their sleeves THIS time?"

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Apparently, WE are HUMAN BEINGS. That of course is a sin and very wrong. I would hate to be part of a party of any delegation whatsoever. .
edit on 16-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Directive5120
The US has always been a leader in many domains: technological, political, social. You name it. That's why they call it "the new world".

The 2nd amendment is unique in that it provides the general public with the right to acquire tools of self-defense so people can defend themselves against enemies, foreign or domestic.

If you combine that knowledge with what has been written in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

It all becomes pretty clear what needs to be done. Governments haven't been serving the needs of their people for a long time, but have been enabling their master to enslave everybody and to award the very few. The US, like almost all western countries, is no longer the democratic republic it used to be, but has become an empire where only the strongest will survive, controlled by a small elite.

But like I said, the US always has been a precursor in many domains. When people will have had enough, they will eventually revolt and create a new, better nation. The rest of the world will see it as an example and follow it.

"the US, like most western countries, is no longer the democratic republic it used to be"??????
you mean...compared to when the south enslaved blacks on plantations????...or...when women didn't have the right to vote???

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
I would gently remind you guys that we had this same kind of thinking in the 90's with the "militia movement" which led to the patsy Tim Mcveigh & the OKC bombing

Which begs the question "What do they have up their sleeves THIS time?"

just as that nutball was encouraged by the rhetoric put out by the anti-abortionists to kill that doctor, the same will hold true for the the nutballs thatl eventually will be encouraged by the rhetoric of the right-wing to violently take out government officials.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I think you're forgetting that that nutball had help. The "danger" & the response were both engineered.

Alot of ppl believe the second man was involved in the first bombing of the WTC back in '93.

IOW this is nothing new, this whole scenario, it's a re-run from 20 years ago, only now ppl are more paranoid. (If you see something, say something) courtesy of the US Govt.

We know they accomplished what they wanted last time, question is are we too blind to see the parallels this time?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

"the US, like most western countries, is no longer the democratic republic it used to be"??????
you mean...compared to when the south enslaved blacks on plantations????...or...when women didn't have the right to vote???

Good point.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Sigh.

I'm of the opinion that everyone should be required to own at least one handgun and know how to use it.

I'm also of the opinion that no one single person should need more than 5 different types of firearm, where anything more should call for registration of a "collector's" license or something similar.

Controversial, yes, but, it'd allow all the gun nuts to have some guns, as well as satisfy worries over people stockpiling arsenals.

Shakes head and laughs.

Target shooting - 1gun - .22 rifle.
Skeet shooting, close range - 1 gun - Shotgun
Deer and small game - 1 gun - Scoped rifle - .308
Moose and large game - 1 gun Scoped rifle - .300 mag
Grouse and small birds - 1 gun - choked shotgun

This is your typical sportsman,someone who hunts, is not as you call it a "gun nut"

Please dont think you are going to limit peoples rights to choice and lifestyle, when they have done nothing wrong, and then label them a gun nut because they hunt, or like the outdoors, or harvest for sustenance.

If I were you, I would be scared of the Militias as well, because I am of the thinking that they don't like people like you.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I wonder if Gabby Giffords is someone who needs to be closely monitored?
Photo Gabby Giffords with AR15
This picture is on facebook ... so I can't verify or anything ....

Gabby kind of reminds me of a young Sarah Silverman with an AR....so innocent....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah what a NUT !
Certainly there are no angry, armed to the teeth
white men, listening to paid NRA infomercials by Alex Jones and Michael Savage.

Ready to die for GUN and COUNTRY, even when neither are in danger.
And because these folks live in reality, they have zero problems with the President.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Yeah what a NUT !
Certainly there are no angry, armed to the teeth
white men, listening to paid NRA infomercials by Alex Jones and Michael Savage.

Ready to die for GUN and COUNTRY, even when neither are in danger.
And because these folks live in reality, they have zero problems with the President.

If the country is not in danger, as you allude....it could be because we Americans are armed to the teeth.

Of, as Admiral Yamamoto replied why he didn't order an invasion of the U.S. after Pearl Harbor, 'There would be a gun behind every blade of grass."

Freedom doesn't come free, ya know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join