LA Times - Peril from 'Patriots" (we all need to be 'closely monitored')

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by BritofTexas
Agreed, extremes exist on both sides.
However the Rabid Right seem to have somewhat of a Monopolly on extremism at the moment.

I'd call the guy who wrote this Opt-Ed to be an extremist. And he's obviously left wing (as well as anti-white for some strange reason). I don't think you can say that the right has a monopoly on extremists. You might have a different definition of 'extremist' then the rest of us ...

That writer probably wears that White guilt bracelet as well. Ignore the LA Times, a filthy marxist rag
that's as disgusting as the city it resides in.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The OP topic is what worries me most right now about the direction our government is going. I think it's a foregone conclusion that the government needs the people both for someone to be governed, but also for complicit people to carry out their deeds (good or bad). After all, you won't find Obama taking up his AR in full body armor and raiding your house. He's going to have a paid goon to do it.

What a lot of people don't realize (as mentioned previously Operation Mockingbird, et al), is that the government has realized power in information, and so long as they can keep a voting majority to go along with their dis-information, then they stay in power as well as convincing the select goons to do their dirty work. This disinformation includes the marginalization of groups that want to defend the founding principles. When something happens, a real-life manifestation of that defense like the bombing of the Walter P. Murragh FBI building, the media and government focus was on the perpetrators and overwhelming majority of the US population immediately sided with the idea that the event was entirely unjustified. It was demonized, marginalized, focus was placed on the children who died because they were in the child care center in the building, and finally McVeigh was executed for it. I dare say most members on here would follow suit in the same. How many, however, would take the same stance against the government for the atrocity committed at the Davidian Compound. There were over 80 people killed, many children, and the entire premise of the operation was unconstitutional and illegal. But popular opinion (read "votes" here) thinks everybody in that compound was a fringe nutcase and deserved to die.

Government disinformation is expert enough now, that any uprising against unconstitutional federal activity will be marginalized in the same fashion. It's paradoxical for anybody who wants to support a constitutional ideology. The concept of the Second Amendment and what was further written about it by the Founders seems to be a very hard concept for the majority of people to grasp. It's only a tiny few, a very small percentage of the population, who can grasp the idea of actually taking up arms against the federal government. And as soon as anybody even hints of organization to effect that principle, they are targets of the government. That includes on THIS site as well as any other site. And the pressure must be pretty great, because as soon as anybody hints of organization, here or elsewhere on the internet or otherwise, the site owners have fits, the government intrudes, and people get arrested and marginalized as nutcases. Bottom line is, almost any form of activity in support of founding principles is attacked immediately.

We're already closely monitored. And a lot of people think we (the patriots among us) need to be. It's a foregone conclusion.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'll bet the different arms of the Missouri Militia are on their list too though.

So how they created the list is as or more important than who came to land on it by that criteria. If it's fitting and proper criteria, then I should see groups representing various races, interests and socio-economic groups in the Southern Poverty Law Center's material. Funny though..I never seem to. Almost like they were particular or something.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction

Well, instead of guessing you could go look.....

SPLC Missouri

Yep, seeing a large variation in the groups, and nope, no militia.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

While I really shouldn't star and flag your post... because you are obviously a Flyers fan, and I an Islanders fan...
I will anyway.

Isn't it amazing how the media is nothing more than an agenda pushing mouth piece for the Government? It honestly makes me sick. At least in the past they used to try and cloak it. Now, its just blatant.

Well.. I have a solution for all the gun grabbers. If you don't like the 2nd amendment, and you want to give up your guns. Feel free. I, however, will not be giving up mine. And when the you know what hits the fan... don't come looking to us for protection.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Odd that he'd mention color at all. I guess other groups like the New Black Panther Party calling for unrest and open violence recently in Florida is just peachy and no big deal? Extremism is what poses a peril to our nation and it's rising in all shapes and sizes, as it happens.

It's all ugly...but it's all kinds. That guy is part of the problem, not the solution.

Yeah, I haven't ever noticed that the color of a finger on the trigger affected the function one way or another. I don't know of any race in the US which has a shortage of firearms owners. It's the intent and attitudes that are important.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well, I think my biggest question here and in terms of the original Op-Ed and Law Center List....precisely what criteria is being used? I've heard some describe Christian Identity as being a right wing patriot group. Extremist, I'll agree with. Right Wing? Perhaps in some ways ....left enough to snap in half in others. Hate wing is more like it.

I've sent TSPLC an Email asking that question. But I would ask. Do you question Brietbart, Fox, Limbagh, WND, etc? Posting history would suggest otherwise.

Yet, I'll bet they or a variation of the core group sits on that list and makes for a number.

Not sure what you are saying here. TSPLC should be a hate group?

Here in Missouri we have more than one State Militia organization. They are 100% citizen formed, trained and operated (like some of those nutty ones you hear about). They also have a history and record of working with, not against, Sheriff's departments and others for things like Search and Rescue, when pure manpower is needed. Cops know who they can call and response is given. It doesn't need to be adversarial. It isn't that way everywhere. This is also a fully armed and weapons trained/carrying Militia. No half ways on that part. Cooperation though, not alienation. It works.

Fair Play. Would they rescue Obama if he were Caught on a mountain?

I'll bet the different arms of the Missouri Militia are on their list too though.

I would think that would depend on if they are Hate Groups.

So how they created the list is as or more important than who came to land on it by that criteria. If it's fitting and proper criteria, then I should see groups representing various races, interests and socio-economic groups in the Southern Poverty Law Center's material. Funny though..I never seem to. Almost like they were particular or something.

So we should ignore all of your posts because they are biased?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would however add this.

Your side is seen as this.

While mine is seen as this

Neither of which is accurate.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I've sent TSPLC an Email asking that question. But I would ask. Do you question Brietbart, Fox, Limbagh, WND, etc? Posting history would suggest otherwise.

Not sure what you mean on posting history. I don't discount any source though. Not out of hand and that includes Fox. Even Press.TV and Al Jazeera get my readership. I'm just selective on what topics I give their material what level of credible trust. Exceptionally low on US stuff. A bit higher on regional and Iran knows it's own domestic stuff pretty well for reporting it as it is...at least as I've seen it. So I don't judge by source.

I do look to see how a source is getting a specific conclusion or criteria for a certain inclusion pattern though. Listings like this are a good example.

Not sure what you are saying here. TSPLC should be a hate group?

You said that, I didn't
- Seriously, I would not say they are a hate group but they use some of the same approaches and tactics of those they claim to hate the most. Occupational hazard I guess. Perhaps one they ought to watch closer for how they're taken by others?

Fair Play. Would they rescue Obama if he were Caught on a mountain?

I have never met anyone in my life that worked or HAS worked in S.A.R. operations or any form of first responders that would think to ask the name of a victim in relation to effort to rescue them. I'd never want to be around someone for whom that thought did cross as a serious one. I mean people who REALLY do that work ..not those who speculate about it

So we should ignore all of your posts because they are biased?

If I post something that sounds off or out of what people think is right then I fully expect to be called out for sourcing and to support whatever it is I've said. I took some flak over my budget thread for not sourcing properly and ended up putting out every single source I used or even consulted in the creation on a later page. Fair enough.

If I don't supply sources (or criteria for how something was assembled in this case) after being asked? Then I'd expect to be ignored. I'd have earned it, too.

I don't mean that to have an edge on this ...but you asked a straight question and that's a straight answer.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Soooo you base your world view on comedy shows and commercials . . . .

I fear for the future.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

or...maybe it's because we have a black liberal president...just a wild guess

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

They sound a lot like the DHS these days......go figure. If you are white, call yourself American, or a patriot, believe you have the right to defend yourself, are Christian, and don't support the current administration, you are now an enemy of the state.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
To be fair, international terrorists don't pose any threat to American civilians, so the author of this article is correct in saying that armed citizens pose a greater threat to American society than some grumpy suicide bomber in Yemen.
edit on 15-3-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You mean this one?

The New Black Panther Party member who stood in front of a single Philadelphia polling station on Election Day, and drew a disproportionate amount of critical attention from conservative media, was "nonthreatening" and "relatively pleasant to speak with," said a retired military intelligence officer who investigated the man.

New Black Panther Was 'Pleasant To Speak With,' Says Poll Watcher

Yes, we should all be terrified.

Pleasant? Non-threatening? The same guy that called for killing white babies, on a public street? That was brandishing a night stick at a polling place, in violation of federal law? That guy? The guy the "Justice" Dept. was told they would NOT prosecute? Put a KKK dude at the same place, smiling and friendly, with a night stick, and see what happens. Unless you approve of that, you cannot approve of that man.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This does not bode well for the united states, if that's the game they want
to play i hate to say they will create the very thing they fear, why cant people
just mind their own darn business....... is freedom really that useless to
these people? The person who wrote this article is more akin to a terrorist
than the gun rights crowd, think about it, the gun rights people say its
my choice, i don't like others making for me, this guy says make sure
your terrified of these people they are the danger, plainly using terror
to get what he wants..... That is terrorism the same as those who would
say our way of life in the west is offensive and we must stop or they
will force us to by fear..... SAME THING.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This article is fear mongering B.S at it's best.

But that's the job of the MSM, to create a smokescreen so that the real criminals can stealthily rob everyone of their rights and liberties.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
When things get as they currently are, where a segment of the population forsakes the democratic process and simply states that they will rebel against the nation, period? Well that sort of rhetoric and ultimatum does have consequences. Since this hyperbole began I have been told to "get the Hell out of America" no less than four or five times, along with some vague threats about how I'll be the first one they target when the shooting starts.

And I am not even against gun ownership.

The hyperbole is simply to the point where anyone not screaming for insurrection and murder of the Executive is seen as being a traitor.

Sorry to be the voice of reason here. But mobs are never right. And much of America currently is behaving like a mob.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
While I really shouldn't star and flag your post... because you are obviously a Flyers fan, and I an Islanders fan...
I will anyway.

Dude ... all hockey sucks this season. I don't know why they even bothered.
But I appreciate your hockey humor.

I've sent TSPLC an Email asking that question.

Excellent!
Let us know if you get a response and what it says.

Not sure what you mean on posting history.

Wrabbit .. you are fine ...

Originally posted by Hefficide
But mobs are never right. And much of America currently is behaving like a mob.

Sometimes they are right ... but usually not.
And yes .. America is run by mob rule.
Gotta' agree with you on that for sure!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

When things get as they currently are, where a segment of the population forsakes the democratic process and simply states that they will rebel against the nation, period? Well that sort of rhetoric and ultimatum does have consequences. Since this hyperbole began I have been told to "get the Hell out of America" no less than four or five times, along with some vague threats about how I'll be the first one they target when the shooting starts.

The logic and reason should be applied equally because it has been happening longer than the last few years, regardless of what the media has portrayed. Are you saying that others, from the other side, haven't received the very similar hyperbole you presented? My own brother nearly stopped speaking to me because I had the gall to be in the military during President Bush. Stating I was supporting "killing babies" and that I wasn't a "true American". I have been also "suggested" that I should be tried for war-crimes; never mind the fact I sat in the middle of an American desert for 6 years.

It boils down to the fact that people have so engrossed themselves to believe that their "way" is the "right" way and that opposition to such, regardless of the aisle we stand on, is "unpatriotic" and "dangerous".

The hyperbole is simply to the point where anyone not screaming for insurrection and murder of the Executive is seen as being a traitor.

I sure hope you have the "reason" you say you have and that you were also standing up against the filmmakers, the posters, the media, the blogs, etc that all but had President Bush himself starring in his own execution and/or trial.

I am not saying the previous president was good, but it is all perspective.

And much of America currently is behaving like a mob.

On both sides of different issues would you not agree? I mean, its kosher to hate the rich and be part of that mob but not part of the mob that sees the current leadership as destructive? Trying to find a baseline we can start a discussion here....
edit on 15-3-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I do not agree with the hyperbole on either side. It solves nothing. There is a time and a place for such discourse and dialogues... a time for bravado and chest thumping, as it were. We all do it to one degree or another. But there are reasonable boundaries even then.

To directly answer. I personally feel that there is a decorum that must be met when addressing the office of the President. I have exercised that decorum when addressing a POTUS since I came of age in the early eighties. I voted for George W. Bush. Then I voiced my opinions about his performance. The same now goes for Barack H. Obama.

As for the way your brother treated you? I was born into a military family and would have served myself if not for the fact that I was born with a heart defect that required open heart surgery to fix - thus precluding me from being accepted. I did, in fact, still try to join every single branch of the service at 18 and was turned down by all. I would never disrespect a persons military service nor would I agree with anyone who did. Though I would argue that they do have a Constitution right to voice their disagreeable opinions.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

It is also VERY racist. What brown and black cant be patriotic TRADITIONAL Americans?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum