It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Wants Volunteers to Wear White Guilt Bracelets

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Maybe the Obama administration ought to read up on him.

Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

wow this is some stupid fecal matter. yes there is racism out there tis true but all these stupid schemes to try to make people feel responsible just because their skin tone might be similar to rascist is a form of racism too, in my community 5they do stupid stuff like this all the time weyhauser in the last decade has built several high end golf communities in local area the one for high end price range was called taberna the next one down was called evan mills and the third one which was supposed to be multi cultural but mostly african american was named carolina colors all the local african american local leaders liked the name but to me its the same as calling it colored town which to me is unexceptable. i all the time hear from uneducated people telling me about how slavery was wrong and how i should be ashamed of my people i look at them and smile because none of my ancestors owned slaves and i am 1 quarter cherokee . but they still insist i should speak out about how wrong my people were . slaves and slavery have been around since man began it never went away no matter which president said it was outlawed why do i say that because its true. there are still slaves in every part of the world including the cities of America

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

"White guilt"? "White privilege"?!?!? Where, exactly, do I go for those special deals? What have I gained from being white? No help with college. No financial aid of any sort from the government. Struggling to get by on a regular basis. Overlooked in work situations while those of darker skin tones were not, when I did double the work they did at more than double the quality. Hmmmm.....

I'd like to tell someone what they could do with their bracelets. If they listen, the bracelets won't be white for long.

They cut tuition assistance, so my husband, with 23 years in service can't take more classes, but they have money to pay for this???

I can't say anything else. Thinking a lot, but I can't say more.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Inflammatory and incorrect thread title is inflammatory and incorrect.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What next? Will the government suggest that white folks wear white sheets with the eyes cut out as a show of solidarity to their race and suggest the people of color do the same, wear black sheets with eyes cut out...it is the same ole story as usual...divide and conquer. One wonders if the bracelet idea is really about "starting trouble" amongst the races. Would TPTB like to see the North and South rise again in a mighty fury? Divide and conquer seems to be the name of the game and perhaps has been for a very long time. The two party system, causes constant derision, yet, to analyze them, nothing much ever changes, they seem to be the same faction on many levels. What really changes for the better no matter which party is in office?

Would a civil war be of use to tptb? Would such be a distraction from all the wrong doing that has been taking place in politics and such. So many ways to divide and conquer...religious differences, political ones, and now racial ones. That bracelet idea shows how far to the negative side of things the politicos have come...seems to be an experiment in social engineering for sure. The white bracelet idea will promote and encourage feelings of being separate and not instill an all for one or oneness situation. Perhaps that is what is feared...if we all wake up and unite against tptb, we would be a force to be reckoned with, and there are forces that definitely would not want that!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Trust Alex Jones' Info Wars to make a big fuss over nothing. This is only 17 volunteers who are choosing to wear it, and its not a "white guilt" bracelet according to the source - that name was invented for a sensationalist headline.

The truth is that some racist people do still exist in America today, fortunately many of them are in older generations and just grew up in a different time. The problem is if you're black and you want a job, there's a chance that one of them will be interviewing you. As long as there is still racism left there will still be a little bit of privilege. I do find it funny that whites enslaved and oppressed blacks for generations, and now cry fowl that they are the ones being oppressed! Not with whips and chains but a voluntary bracelet! cry me a river

Don't know if this will do anything whatsoever to solve it, and even if it did the chances of even seeing one of these 17 people is your lifetime is so slim. I think its a waste of time and money.

edit on 15/3/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
What about white people who are not privileged?

Who will wear a bracelet for them?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Yet more division and separation under our current government.

Just wait for it, all you white folks. . .

If you don't get on board with this, you're racist and it'll be a hate crime to NOT wear them!

I can see this too. Forget it. I'm not going to be made to feel guilty for being born white. No one needs to feel guilt for how they came into this world. This country is beyond nuts now. I won't participate in it.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Im so sick of this total crap.
Now I understand when an individual is an idiot.. and are racist out of ignorance or hatefulness. I can comprehend it.. but I can not wrap my brain around this govt idiocy. More divisions.. they love it. I cant believe folks are buying into it!

Im not white. I married a white guy and have 1/2 white kids. One is obviously not totally white, but the other 2 look like typical white Americans. Ive seen more BS with this racism thing than I care to mention when dealing with schools and in my previous job. Ive not seen any "white privilege" concerning my husband or my kids. This BS is all manufactured and contrived. There IS a good ol WHITE boy network.. but be sure... you common, average, non 1%'er type of white folks arent included.

My fiance is black. I'm white. We are going to have 1/2 white children. I also have Norwegian and Swedish blood. I have seen the good ol white boy network too... and I have gotten looks and cold stares when out in public with my fiance.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Most of the time I see headlines like this and assume they are being blown out of proportion which is why I always check the source.

docs.google.com...

That's the source. If it's real, then... Dear god.

People get dumber and dumber everyday.

Never heard anything so racist before. Must be all my privilege... Never really thought about the common folk. We should all go out and blame white people for not being black and entirely innocent. Forgetting that it was black slave traders that sold their opposing tribes peoples to slavers when they sacked villages. Oh wait...

Sorry if I offended anyone for not giving the "model" of history presented to most people. If you can't rewrite history, you can't really get rid of all them damn racists now can you?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

my husband showed me this flow chart.....what a load of sh*t!....i should feel bad?.... for what?...being white?.....
i told him....i don't get any special treatment!. id be better of if i wasn't white. ..... then i could be a diversity hire get a diversity scholarship and join a hmmm idk black only school or watch a black only tv.channel?....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
now this is just absolutely ridiculous.

government sponsored eh ? ... can't help but wonder if Obama will wear one too

... surely he must have experienced the "privilege" more than most.

after all, his 'white' side were CIA operatives (for generations), global jet-setters, political movers and shakers basking in the Hawaiin lifestyle coupled with all the societal niceties most white folk merely dream about.

i do wonder, how proudly would he display his own 'guilt' ??

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Wow, every time you think things can't get crazier ...

If they really feel like they have to do something about race issues, how about they make multicolored bracelets, put in every color of the rainbow and hand them out to everyone as a sign of togetherness?

Guilt-bracelet ... are they really called that? Unbelieveable.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I agree with some of the above posters that this really looks more like an exercise in creating hostility and divide and could lead to a forced wearing of this band otherwise you will be automatically deemed racist. It is absolutely ridiculous.
Perhaps to counter their psychological 'nudging' we should start wearing multicoloured bands to show we are for multiculturalism where skin colour does not matter (at least that is a positive statement). Or perhaps we should start wearing grey bands to show we are the 'downtrodden' and call for the elites to wear gold bands to remind them of their guilt of being 'privileged elites who are creating the downtrodden masses, killing a lot of innocent people and making everyone miserable' We could even wear two bands, a grey one and a multicoloured one! Could be a lot of money to be made selling these bands!

Originally posted by Emarie
how about they make multicolored bracelets, put in every color of the rainbow and hand them out to everyone as a sign of togetherness?

Edit: Snap Emarie, I was writing my post as you were posting and we both came up with the same sort of idea!!! Great minds think alike, eh? lol Could even do home made multicolour ribbon bands (like those friendship bracelets). This could work!
edit on 15-3-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: forgot to add the quote

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Trust Alex Jones' Info Wars to make a big fuss over nothing. This is only 17 volunteers who are choosing to wear it, and its not a "white guilt" bracelet according to the source - that name was invented for a sensationalist headline.

What difference does it make what they call it? What matters is the idea behind it, and the idea sucks big time.

Juliet:"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

www.enotes.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Sorry, I just had to lol.

This is ridiculous though. Why should people who are alive now feel bad for something that happened long before they were even born? I'm white, I'm not racist, and yes white people ****ed a lot of people over a long time ago and I think all the past genocide and slavery is terrible, but I'm not going to take personal responsibility for something that I had absolutely nothing to do with.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'd say that flow chart is an example of values clarification. They have been using this stuff on school kids for decades. I've posted on values clarification a number of times here. It is being used to brainwash the youth into behaving like mind controlled cogs in the machine of the Supreme State.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Go on, wear whatever you want! I'm tired of all of this "I'm black and I'm being persecuted" and "I'm white and I'm being persecuted".

Will everyone stop whingeing - both white and black people!

Being black, I'm tired of all of this bull-cr@p from all sides - you're all bl00dy annoying! Wear your white power bracelets! Wear your black power bracelets! Just stop whingeing you bl00dy great apes!

Having said that, I completely disagree with the "White guilt" bracelet and the programme mentioned in the OP - however, if you look closer, you'll actually find that it is actually tacit racism and supremacy - e.g. "Oh, we white people have been so bad in our supremacy - now we'll need to make amends with the little inferior people of colour".
edit on 3/15/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Precisely. It is akin to a descendant of Herr Adolf Hitler being put on a guilt trip for the mass murders his ancestor orchestrated!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
This is anti white.. and it is widespread, from the US to Europe and all other white countries, this type of white guilt insanity is an everyday thing all over, it's not even surprising anymore, so yeah, it is an anti white thing and it stems from cultural marxism.

The information is all out there.

Being German I always felt uncomfortable because whenever one hears the word German it is automatically associated with the horrors of the holocaust. I think that is a German thing, we get reminded of it all the time and even if it is generations later you just don't wanna be even seen as belonging to the same people that did those horrible things. So I do feel uncomfortable telling people I am German, but I don't feel guilty because it was not me who did anything to anyone.
Telling anyone today they should feel guilty because they are white is the same damn thing. The only people who should feel guilty are the ones who actually did something to another human being no matter how or when, and I don't think those would ever wear any braclelets, especially not in public.

Sigh.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join