It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Wants Volunteers to Wear White Guilt Bracelets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Can somebody help me out here? I just put on this white bracelet thing and it keeps shocking me for seemingly no reason.

WTF?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
man, even as a liberal democrat, i think this is a bunch of crap....and another thing, this is the type of stuff that will be used over and over again by republicans, to group all of us liberals into one tidy box. i would like to know the actual authors of this, to verify that this isn't written by some double-agent conservative.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So this how they plan to offload them surplus livestrong bracelets! Instead of painting them though they could of just started an asian privilege campaign instead.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I never understood why I am supposed to feel guilty because I am white.

Maybe it is just where I grew up, but white people here... we never really saw ourselves as "white". I don't mean that as some BS rainbow "hey we all bleed red" type saying. I mean, the thought just doesn't fill our days. Yes. I am white. But it doesn't run my life. I don't even think about it. I don't know how to really explain it. Other races seem to feel a pride in being whatever race their are. Blacks call themselves "brothers" and "sisters". They seem to be banded together. I just don't see that with white people. Well.. maybe in the south. But of course, if whites were ever to identify themselves as such they would instantly be labeled racist.

I don't hold some magical power over other races because of the color of my skin. I don't believe I should feel guilty because I was born white. I don't think any other race should feel bad because of the color of their skin either. If you are black, and you are proud to be black. Good for you! If your white, and your proud to be white. Good for you too! But I never understood why that somehow defined you.

I hope that makes sense. Probably doesn't. It's been a long day.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Anything that comes out of Wisconsin, Illinios or NY seems absolutely crazy to me.

Not sure if theres a lack of oxygen up there or just something in the air.

As Ron White famously quoted, "you cant fix stupid folks."

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by jimmyx

Anything that comes out of Wisconsin, Illinios or NY seems absolutely crazy to me.

They aren't stupid. Everything these types do is very calculated.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

lol...yeah your right, txin.....i want to see a gold "wealth privledge" wristband worn by all the wealthy whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, who totally ignore the poor and middle class, while at the same time trying to divide us into combative "groups"

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

God, I love Americorps...

I'd love some "white privilege" someday, just for a few hours... Just so I know what the hell they're talking about...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
talking with ‘friends of color’ to encourage their transformation

What are we white folk supposed to transform them into??

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by jimmyx

lol...yeah your right, txin.....i want to see a gold "wealth privledge" wristband worn by all the wealthy whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, who totally ignore the poor and middle class, while at the same time trying to divide us into combative "groups"

Quote of the decade.

And probably next decade too. And the one after that. And the one after that... sigh.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Its cool, all we need to do is compile a list of the names of people who push this crap.

That will make the purge alot easier when the time comes.
edit on 14-3-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

What's weird is I can't find the source document (this one: docs.google.com... ) anywhere on the Vista site. Did find the original source article with the doc on it here: www.rightcode.net... But I can't find it or Beyond Diversity Resource Center or the doc being linked on the Vista site. Anybody have any luck with finding it?

i didn't find it either...as they say "something is amiss"...is it fake?...wouldn't be the first time for this type of crap, gotta keep those "flames" lit up

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am a beige American and others are varying shades of sienna and umber,any other name changes too much and they are used as tools of separation.
Get around it already.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I feel no guilt and never will. Why? Here are my reasons for not having any.

1. It was the black people that sold other tribes, conquored in battle, into slavery.
2. America has more opportunity than any other place on earth. Descendants of the slaves reap this benefit.
3. It was a white man that fought his own brother to see that the slaves were set free.
4. It was a white president that signed into law the elimination of slavery.
5. It was a white congress that gave them equal rights
6. It was a white government that created equal opprtunity, also known as affirmative action, or racial quotas
7. It is the white people that make sure that a free education is available to all.
8. It is the white people that go out of their way to try to appease the black people.
9. no one can show any example of an advanced primitive culture created by any black people. The advanced cultures of Africa were either Persian, Arabic or Egyptian. Not white but not black either.

Reluctantpawn

I

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Im really glad our govt has their priorities in order.

Im suprised the sequestration didnt effect their level of spending money on stupid.(not really)

This govt is out of control- and these types of programs do nothing but trying to keep the people seperated.

I wasnt born to priveledge- Ive had to sacrafice a lot and I have had to work my ass off for close to nothing just to be able to survive just like anyone else that had to make due with nothing. I have always had my family though, so if that makes me priveledged over someone else, then so be it- I just wont feel guilty over the fact.

Maybe they should have Govt Guilt Bracelets- that would make more sense IMO. All of the politicians should be wearing them.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If they're not trying to fill us with despair, they're trying to get us to have a civil war. I've stopped caring about the evil they do, and have began to enjoy their absurdity with a sense of surreal humor.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

You know with all the overcrowding in Africa, the disease, the starvation, the rape, AIDS, machete massacres, the lack of water and resources, children of the night, child armies, you would think that they should all wear white bracelets to say thank you.

*I was not raised as a white supremacist even though my Uncles were all KKK.* They knew no privilege, nor do I.

People are people, we are all volunteers to the USgov.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am not PURE white.
I have RED- grandmothers were Chippewa and Cherokee
I have BLACK- relatives in IRELAND were BLACK IRISH.
I have a lot of confusion as to what color my wristband
should be, so i am just going to say
sexual intercourse indefinite article.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why would I feel guilty. My ancestors were not the ones to kill the Indians or displace them. They liked the Indians when they moved to this country.

My ancestors did not own slaves. We came here in the late 1800s. There weren't many black people around here but they are starting to lose their fear of the snow lately so are coming here now. My ancestors, and I were workers that worked for the businesses and paid taxes to the government when they wanted them. If anything we were slaves to the society we live in.

Those who were instigational in starting this country and destroyed cultures and enslaved the black people can feel guilty if they want. I think they would rather make people who weren't involved feel guilty though and reel in the cash they make off of us.

I think the Indians should have extra rights than we do, mostly in hunting and fishing rights. They usually moderate themselves well and try to replenish the lakes here. The Indians had their land pulled out from underneath them in the past, most treaties were scams in the favor of the people who wanted the land to sell. I think the blacks have equal rights, they are Americans just like all of us now. They don't need extra rights, just equal. If the Hispanics want to be citizens and pay taxes, they can. I don't agree with them sneaking into the country. There is a legal way to enter the US, use it.
edit on 14-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Im suprised the sequestration didnt effect their level of spending money on stupid.(not really)

Yep.

There's always money for stupid government spending.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join