It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Wants Volunteers to Wear White Guilt Bracelets

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Why can we not turn it into a "white pride" bracelet? Let's face it, if put out enough times, the MSM will make it so.... I. for one will wear it as such.

WHITE PRIDE!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by coltcall
Maybe....just maybe mind you......for some reason nobody can rationally explain.......WHITE PEOPLE IN AMERICA have become the biggest suckers for the guilt trip political schematic?

As the Carney Barker in Washington said, when you've got the suckers by the crotch, don't let go until they swear on Thomas Jefferson's grave that they will never stop feeling guilty.

There is a good reason white people are so stupid as to buy into guilt trips. It started around the time of the rise of the Catholic Church. Said Church aggressively and systematically killed people who were intelligent enough to ask questions and use critical thinking. By the time of the colonizing of the Americas, you have this:

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official, 'You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done.'

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, 'Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?'

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied. 'When white man find this land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex.'

Then the chief leaned back and smiled.

'Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.'

It would be funnier if it were a little less true. SUCKERS!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
You people are upset about this? That's just stupid.

These bracelets are obviously NOT about feeling guilty for being white. Just recognizing that being white has its advantages in America.
There's nothing sinister about it.
Not everything the government does is evil.

and if you think that you don't have an advantage being white in this country, you need to step into the real world.

Being totally honest is not popular or acceptable across the board these days but, maybe I can suggest that if our economy crashes, civilization goes primitive and there is rioting in the streets, you should make sure you have a football helmet and wear it, because I have no doubt there are at least a couple of people who are waiting for the excuse and opportunity to crack your head open. Don't let this upset you, you are far from alone Casper.

All advice aside, it is apparent to me that Obama and those behind him were and are never about raising the masses up, they are about pushing everyone down; he is not making us color blind with opportunities for those who deserve opportunities, he is trying to make us all equal by devaluing everyone. Fortunately for the so called minorities, thousands of years of breeding has produced a most warring and blood thirsty race and they are easily identified....you know,they are the ones who are armed to the teeth and have the best kept yards.
edit on 15-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
LOL Really now.

Last time I checked America was practicing reverse racism. Who privledged again?

Can I get a "White" Scholarship to go to school?

...yikes

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Quit your lying and do some research:

(CNSNews.com) - The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) wants its white VISTA volunteers who work with low-income, racially diverse public schools to examine the “privilege” their Caucasian race confers on them

. DPI devotes an entire Web page to “Power and Privilege,” including links to racial justice workshops and online tests where VISTA volunteers can “learn about your personal bias.”

One “diversity” document linked to DPI’s Web site suggests that white people “wear a white wristband as a reminder about your privilege, and as a personal commitment to explain why you wear the wristband.”

The document -- written by a diversity resource center in New Jersey -- also suggests that white people ask themselves questions, such as: “How do I ignore privilege? What am I doing today to undo my privilege? How do I fool myself into thinking I am powerless?”

Other suggestions for white people include: -- Set aside sections of the day to critically examine how privilege is working. --

Put a note on your mirror or computer screen as a reminder to think about privilege. -

- Make a daily list of the ways privilege played out, and steps taken or not taken to address privilege. -

- Find a person of color who is willing to hold you accountable for addressing privilege.

cnsnews.com...

This is where the doc was, they took it down......someone out there must have a screen cap of it?

sites.google.com...

Read that last one a few times.......this is scary stuff......this is nazi germany replaying here.......instead of Jews its whites.

What is wrong with people who think this is ok.....are they mentally deficient?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
Why can we not turn it into a "white pride" bracelet? Let's face it, if put out enough times, the MSM will make it so.... I. for one will wear it as such.

WHITE PRIDE!!!

That would be considered racially insensitive, and in some cases considered a hate crime, with the intention to incite violence or violent confrontation. In short, you are a domestic terrorist!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ummm yeaaa
what other stupid thing will they come up with next?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Well, I see a million dollar idea there....

We are getting really fed up with is crap!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

edit on 15-3-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: nevermind, whats the point.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Well, I see a million dollar idea there....

We are getting really fed up with is crap!

Can't we all just get along?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by FlyersFan

God, I love Americorps...

I'd love some "white privilege" someday, just for a few hours... Just so I know what the hell they're talking about...

White Privilege.. Don't you know? It's great.

It's being surrounded by 12 guys at a train station at 11:45pm, and having to discover an escape route before you're picking teeth off the ground.
It's having people let the door slam you in the face as you try to carry a box up stairs into their office.
It's being ignored point blank by rich people if you ask them directions, or the time.

It's .. oh wait, maybe that's just my poor bum white privilege.

I get them mixed up sometimes, it's hard being so groovy and cool and hip with all the white trimmings all the time.

I need a bracelet, take my money !!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Just recognizing that being white has its advantages in America.

Ummm no... not reallyyy....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Oh this makes me hit the roof!
Privileged? What the heck are they talking about? I am poor, between jobs, and I'm lucky if my vehicle works from one moth to the next.

Color of skin means nothing! NOTHING! No person is better or worse because of their pigmentation!

This is vile wickedness meant to drive a wedge between the people to create friction and keep them from working together. If you start telling impressionable children that white people are different from black people, they will begin to see and resent imagined differences.

This isn't unity they are teaching, its poisoned, manipulative, propaganda!

I am so glad I took my children from the public schools!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CreepyPrepper[

Exactly! thank you. Glad to find someone on the same page! This is ridiculous to even bring up doing, this bracelet ordeal... aren't we all past this and don't crying yet BAH!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Believe me, I try......this racist crap keeps getting stirred up by blacks and self hating whites......why don't they knock it off already!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Quit your lying and do some research:

The word "guilt" isn't mentioned even once, in any of your links. Turns out you're the liar eh?

If your post was in reference to the opinion part of my post, then know opinions tend to be self truths, calling someone a liar for voicing their opinion just doesn't make sense hey.

edit on 15/3/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I do find it funny that whites enslaved and oppressed blacks for generations, and now cry fowl that they are the ones being oppressed! Not with whips and chains but a voluntary bracelet! cry me a river

I bet you'll be wearing one for personally helping to eradicate all the Aborigines on Tasmania, right?

I also note that you do not see the difference between enslaving a man with chains, or with words. Either way he is a slave.

In fact, it's easier to break free of the chain.

Now go back to saying sorry for personally invading Australia. There are many injustices done in the world, you must take responsibility for all of them.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You said the article was a lie, it was written and it was about admitting there is a white privilege.

Who's the liar?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Where do you get only 17 people from?

'White Privilege' Bracelets Recommended for Wisconsin Students

Some folks think the best way to highlight "white privilege" is to make 'em wear scarlet letters. The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, in partnership with Americorps, is encouraging the state's high school kids - or at least the white ones - to wear white wristbands reminding them of the undue privilege they carry around with them everyday by mere virtue of being white. Among other ways these youth can commit on a daily basis to "undoing" their privilege is to set aside time "to examine how privilege is working," and even put a note on their mirror or computer screen to remind them of their "moral obligation" to subvert themselves. It's a bit like one of those daily affirmations, but meant to induce guilt instead of self-esteem. As for what non-white people can do, well, they can be the recipients of inquiries from white people hoping to get outside of themselves: "Ask people of color about their experience and be willing to accept their experience as true, real, and accurate," the campaign recommends. Via EAG News and the Beyond Diversity Resource Center.

politix.topix.com...

The program for high school students "seeks to build capacity in schools and districts serving low-income families to develop an effective, sustainable, research-based program of family-school-community partnerships,"according to its Facebook page.

www.620wtmj.com...

Take a look at the pictures......."white privilege awareness week". "You are now entering a white privilege zone"

How else can it be interpreted but to feel guilt for being white? Please.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

You said the article was a lie?

Wait, what? When did I say "the article is a lie"?

Your misreading then misrepresenting my post, I never even said the word lie. The closest I said was sensationalist.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join