It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Talking About Seeing Things In The Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have a really down to earth stepson who is 10 years old and he recently said out to the blue the other day that he keeps seeing flashes in the sky like someone is taking pictures. He went on further to say that it was just above the trees. I took what he said as something he is really seeing because I've been living with him since he was 4 and he is a pretty pragmatic kid not prone to fantasy or story telling. Also another reason why it jumped out at me was because my daughter who is 9 had a friend, who is also 9, spend the night a few weeks back and she said she was looking out her bedroom window before bed and saw a UFO in her backyard. My stepson was not there that night. I asked her how did you know that it was a UFO and she said that it had lights around it and was hovering silently above the trees and that it shone down a light in her backyard. We live in a suburb of Denver so we are kind of but not that close to the mountains.

Just wondering if any body else has reported something similar.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there. Ask your son which direction the lights come from and if possible ask the little girl too which direction she saw the UFO. People say the Denver Airport is significant for weirdness. I just wonder if it could be something going on there that the kids are seeing.

Something is Rotten in the Denver Airport

Sinister Sites, The Denver International Airport

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm up in Loveland and it's funny you should mention this because I have a couple of times seen flashes in the sky. I thought it was just something reflecting from my side vision or something and ignored it. One of my boys (7) made a comment last week about a flash in the sky. I just remember him saying "did you see that light?" and when I said "no, sorry" he just said "oh ok, never mind".

I guess I didn't give it a whole lot of thought past that though.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there. Ask your son which direction the lights come from and if possible ask the little girl too which direction she saw the UFO. People say the Denver Airport is significant for weirdness. I just wonder if it could be something going on there that the kids are seeing.

Something is Rotten in the Denver Airport

Sinister Sites, The Denver International Airport

I'm an hour north of the OP and DIA is 1.5 hours south east of me. I know the flashes we have seen have been in the foothills and along the front range, definitely not coming from DIA.

editing to add, I heard they were taking down the horse, or as we like to call it, "Old Meth" You know the blue creepy horse with red eyes as you come into DIA! Glad that thing will be gone! We have a lot of pictures of all the weird things in DIA. I know there was one mural that created a lot of controversy and was taken down or maybe painted over, not sure. We got a picture of that years ago. Or the cornerstone inside that lists a "new world airport commission".. which seemingly doesn't exist!

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this and make it about DIA.. back to the flashes in the sky!
edit on 14-3-2013 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Wow uncanny, that is exactly how the conversation started, we were coming out of the grocery story at dusk and he said "Did you see that?" and he said that he saw a flash and has seen a few in the past couple of days when he was playing outside.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I have heard the same and been living here about 10 years and never saw anything odd or heard anything from someone until now. We also live in a South Denver suburb and the Airport is a little ways northeast out of town.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordaqua
reply to post by MaMaa

Wow uncanny, that is exactly how the conversation started, we were coming out of the grocery story at dusk and he said "Did you see that?" and he said that he saw a flash and has seen a few in the past couple of days when he was playing outside.

Yup, that is exactly what my son said too! Now I'm going to be on the look out and since it is getting nicer we will be out more often. DIA is sort of a creepy airport. When it first opened up we took lots of pictures, there was a mural inside the train terminal or somewhere near the train that is now gone. Hubby would remember more about that one, I'll have to ask him. But out front it starts with this giant blue horse with laser red eyes. Which by the way the horse fell on the guy who created it and killed him. And the artwork through the entire airport is creepy off the scale! There is something called The New World Airport Commission, yet this commission supposedly doesn't exist. Beyond that I try not to get too much into the conspiracies about DIA because some of them are too far out there, even for me! LOL Beyond the stuff I have seen inside the actual airport (and the horse) I have never heard or seen anything strange coming from DIA.
edit on 14-3-2013 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Flashes in the sky are more often than not satellites or space-junk glinting in the sunlight. Since the Chinese destroyed one of their own satellites in orbit, and two satellites collided in another separate event a few years back, the amount of debris in orbit has gone up exponentially.

Here are a couple of threads I authored on the subject:

How to view, track, and identify satellites
Flashes and Star-like objects that move strangely in the sky explained

Besides satellites/junk, there are also other possible causes, for instance meteors, or transformers blowing.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm
Flashes in the sky are more often than not satellites or space-junk glinting in the sunlight. Since the Chinese destroyed one of their own satellites in orbit, and two satellites collided in another separate event a few years back, the amount of debris in orbit has gone up exponentially.

Here are a couple of threads I authored on the subject:

How to view, track, and identify satellites
Flashes and Star-like objects that move strangely in the sky explained

Besides satellites/junk, there are also other possible causes, for instance meteors, or transformers blowing.

Not many transformers in my little town, but I could certainly see how it could be other things.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Daylight or night?

Flashing like a lightning flash or camera flash? Or flashing like an object with a light that flashes off and on?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Last year, one summer morning, after my night shift had ended, I sat outside on the terrace of the hotel I'm working at, chatting and drinking a cup of coffee with my college, as we always do before I go home. At one point we both saw a bright white flash light, as if someone had shot a photo only a few meters away from us, but there wasn't anybody anywhere near us at that time! It was still early in the morning but already bright daylight and very clear sky as usual in summer here in Crete, so it couldn't have been thunderstorm lightning either. Both me and my college saw it clearly and it seemed very strange to both of us, making us interrupt our talk and me standing up and walking around searching for the source of that flash but with no success.

Ko3

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Daylight or night?

Flashing like a lightning flash or camera flash? Or flashing like an object with a light that flashes off and on?

It was a white sorta flash I guess, hard to describe it really. Not quite the same as a lightening flash. I have seen it both at day and night. The last time I saw a flash I was in my bedroom with my window open and it was from high up in the sky, but I dismissed it because it could have been a reflection off of something. Too many variables to be certain of anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Probably heat lightning (lightning, but not forked style, without thunder). We get it all the time here in FL, so no biggie to us, but to those who've never seen it, can be kind of freaky.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Daylight or night?

It was late afternoon when he told me this so that would have been day. I believe he said that he saw it a couple of other times at school during recess.

The little girl said it was night time when she saw the UFO with lights.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi
Both me and my college saw it clearly and it seemed very strange to both of us, making us interrupt our talk and me standing up and walking around searching for the source of that flash but with no success.

Ko3

I myself have seen something like this outside and inside a house but never in the sky... never found out what that was either?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordaqua

Daylight or night?

It was late afternoon when he told me this so that would have been day. I believe he said that he saw it a couple of other times at school during recess.

The little girl said it was night time when she saw the UFO with lights.

Toward the Rockies or toward the plains?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Probably heat lightning (lightning, but not forked style, without thunder). We get it all the time here in FL, so no biggie to us, but to those who've never seen it, can be kind of freaky.

en.wikipedia.org...

What's this 'heat' you speak of? We here in Colorado do not believe in such mystical things!
I did see a flash just a few days ago when I was taking a drive up in the foothills. It seemed to come from just behind the foothills.

It could also be small aircraft maybe? Just reflecting off of something..another plane perhaps or something, I dunno.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lordaqua

And this couldn't have been lightning? What was the weather like in that direction. No necessarily right over your head but in the direction of the flashes?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by lordaqua

And this couldn't have been lightning? What was the weather like in that direction. No necessarily right over your head but in the direction of the flashes?

The afternoon when he said he saw it while I was with him it was actually clear. He said the flashes reminded him of someone taking a picture.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Toward the Rockies or toward the plains?

He said that it was right overhead above the trees - I'm guessing about 100 to 200 feet above the ground. He didn't point in a general direction it was more like straight up at an angle.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join