It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Spaghetti-Shaped Creature Is Missing Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Canada's 505 million year-old Burgess Shale fossil beds, located in Yoho National Park, have yielded yet another major scientific discovery this time with the unearthing of a strange spaghetti-shaped creature.

It's a discovery that pushes back the fossil record of a group of creatures known as enteropneusts by 200 million years and provides the crucial "missing link" in an important evolutionary transformation. Source - www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Very interesting, though admittedly when I read the thread title I assumed it had something to do with the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Good stuff....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Very interesting, though admittedly when I read the thread title I assumed it had something to do with the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Good stuff....

HAHA! I thought that too! I was like mmm FSM is real, well what does that say to pasta lovers?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
HAHA! I thought that too! I was like mmm FSM is real, well what does that say to pasta lovers?
Seems like we all had the same thought about FSM, but, apparently this one couldn't fly, so, we don't need to re-write the gospel of the flying spaghetti monster yet...unless they find one that flew.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Your post/this thread also reminded me of the "A Clockwork Origin" episode of Futurama which deals with evolution.

"The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Hey, Professor! I'm a Flying Spaghetti Monster. You seriously believe I'm    descended from some kind of flightless manicotti?

Professor Farnsworth: Yes!"

So maybe these little guys could have evolved into the FSM.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Seems like we all had the same thought about FSM, but, apparently this one couldn't fly, so, we don't need to re-write the gospel of the flying spaghetti monster yet...unless they find one that flew.

Thought the same thing too. Too bad evolution isn't real...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Trackhunter

I knew they would find evidence of the great Spagmon, sauce be upon him.

May the gas caused by his zesty meatballs lift you up unto the heavens.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Your post/this thread also reminded me of the "A Clockwork Origin" episode of Futurama which deals with evolution.

"The Flying Spaghetti Monster: Hey, Professor! I'm a Flying Spaghetti Monster. You seriously believe I'm    descended from some kind of flightless manicotti?

Professor Farnsworth: Yes!"

So maybe these little guys could have evolved into the FSM.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

I was just coming here to post about that episode . . . love me some Futurama.

I love the "Nothing ever Changes" placard . . .

As far as the OP . . . it always amazes me when they find any fossilized life form that has no hardened body structure.

Thanks for posting!
edit on 3/14/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Another news source did not refer to it as spaghetti shaped. They referred to it as phallus shaped. I guess spaghetti is more appropriate ? But it looks more like the other thing, I think.

Not that I'm an expert.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Uploaded the picture on your link so people can see what they may have looked like

I'd say it looks more like a funny twisted.... phallus.
I find it amazing how they can even find things like this considering the age of it.

I am fascinated by how these were preserved over time and the only things in the link to describe how is limited unfortunatly.

A large proportion of these worms was preserved in tubes, of which some were branched, suggesting the tubes were used as a dwelling structure.

Habitat and Location:

The Burgess Shale is found in Yoho National Park, part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks World Heritage Site

So thank you OP
you just gave me something to look into and learn about

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Evolution! Hard at work! This was the predecessor of the GREAT AND MIGHT FSM!

top topics

join