It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Plan to Blockade China if a War Happens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I have no doubt.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Blockade China? are they Nuts??? lets see them try it , by sea , what about the land routes any one know the silk road? If a hot war does come to pass in North Korea, then what? Some of the so called "experts"[they get payed to think this SH!$ up] have no idea and then there is the Pakistan port as well, it is now under China's command. but they left that out.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
www.carnegieendowment.org...# this was linked in the article posted by the op its 10 pages and a long read but it goes over the pros and cons of such an action in a rather thorough manner and focuses on the economic,geopolitical and other ramifications that could occur

long read but an interesting one.

general consensus that i got from it is no matter what we do Russia is the key to either side succeeding at least according to that article
edit on 14-3-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You can't blockade China.

What the fark are you gonna wipe your arses with ?
See, your toilet papers were made in China as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mypan

see above the link from the op's original link while long is pretty informative on the pros and cons of such a blockade

to summarize it a bit it talks about the type and composition of such a blockade consisting of a near shore one using submarines and a further out of range of their missiles have a surface fleet doing checks on vessels

all of this hinges politically on the co operation of India and to a lesser degree of local nations as well as depending almost entirely on Russian support (as stated in article no blockade of china has ever been succesfull with out Russian co-operation)

it also talks about what would be required to pull of such a thing and things china could do to minimize the impact of such a blockade as well as potential political problems that could arise from the various strategies that could be employed

it in no way would be easy but the article is worth a read if your interested on the subject

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Most of what was the old Silk Road is now in US / NATO / friendly hands
Most of what's to the west of china is western friendly with the exceptions of Iran and Syria, you've all seen the maps of US bases encircling Iran.

That leaves the north
Across some of the most rugged terrain known to man, with lengthy harsh winters, leaving limited routes of supply easily harassed, deterred and sabotaged by insurgent or guerrilla forces.

Still..............think it's a p*** poor plan though

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Thanks and star for you.

If you understand modern transportation logistics, many cargoes swapped ownerships during the course of their voyages. In this point alone, how the USN going to differentiate which cargoes to stop and which to allow to pass ? China has so many merchant ships flagged to other countries,which inevitably most will escape the so-called blockade.

I think the whole point of blockade is moot because of China's strength and their position as the factory to the world. Most of the world will be angry at not being able to buy from China and to sell to China.

Furthermore, this type of imperialist behaviour will result in an outcry that will be counter productive to the USA

One shouldn't even think about this fallacy.Gunboat diplomacy is not going to work this time.

For argument sake, what would deter China to arm the Somalian pirates and instigate Iran to get their Shiite's problem in cleansing of the oil kingdoms that are friendly to the west ? So, instead of enforcing a blockade, USN will be fighting for the lives of those petrodollar monarchies.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mypan

www.carnegieendowment.org...#

while i my self have no solution for that problem the article seemed to say would be done is maritime certificates or navicert

Besides inspecting vessels, the United States would use the outer ring blockade to establish a new regional maritime traffic system. To do so, it would draw inspiration from the British Navigational Certification (navicert) system of World Wars I and II, which was able to successfully streamline the United Kingdom’s blockade operations.42 The United Kingdom investigated merchant vessels’ cargo before it was shipped. Once its cargo passed inspection, the vessel was given a navigational certificate that stated its destination and granted it safe passage through the blockade. The Royal Navy considered any vessel operating in a fixed area without a navicert or other authorizing document to be running the blockade and thus liable to seizure.

so from that i would assume any traffic that wanted to enter the area would have to have a navicert to get through the outer ring(with the inner ring being allegedly shoot on site) and to get these certificates they would have their cargo searched before it leaves port to speed time through check points to neutral nations.

the article further clarifies that merchants will want to get these certificates to keep up their timelines and also as a side effect it should keep their insurance lower then it would normally be after a blockade .

as to the flag issue that is addressed in the article by if we have a blockade any Chinese flagged ships will be seized it seems and as pointed out near the end even if a ship runs the blockade it will then be known by US navy thus making it effectively a one way trip but its also of note that there are a good deal of things that would need to happen and be implemented to pull of a successful blockade

on the piracy thing as piracy effects not just western ships but also Russian Asian and middle eastern ships arming them would end up alienating allies and causing problems for them,also the Chinese are currently conducting anti piracy raids and naval patrols at this time so it would be the opposite of what they had been doing not to mention the African union might just step in and solve a piracy crisis on its own as a statement that they will handle their internal affairs

the whole purpose of a theoretical blockade would be to deny not just oil but trade income as well as limiting their influence as much as possible and as noted it would not most likely be just a us navy affair as the japanese might help out etc so who knows what happens as at this point i don't see this plan being implemented any time in the near future but who knows

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Having read the op, and unfortunately most of the experts will probably see this as a last ditch effort on the part of the USA, in the event of a shooting war, but blockading China will not work, nor will it suceed.

It will have some impact, but the reality is that China will not sit idly by while the US puts a blockade on its ports, or patrols its coasts and prevents shipping from getting into and out of the county. If anything, it will ship the lanes of shipping from sea to land. The allies that China has carefully cultivated in the past years, begin to make sense. So we blockade China, it now gets it oil through Vietnam. We try to stop that country and it now comes through Pakistan or another country. Something like this could be a problem is Russia gets in the mix, offering assistance to the Chinese, thus keeping their supply lines and the flow of raw materials coming in and finished goods flowing out. And as China has a border that is similar to the US, very pourus, it would not be hard for them to exploit such.

After all the question is how many more countries does the US wish to tick off and who would benefit from such a very poor action?

Vietnam and China are allies or even friends in fact Vietnam has been sniffiing around trying to get a US naval base to counter China. That goes for most of Asia. Also the amout of material that needs to go in and out of China is far beyond anything that could run though a place like Russia. Speaking of Russia they would not mind seeing China knocked down a peg or two because they are in direct compettion for influence in the old Soviet states in the region. Much like Iran most of the countries in the region would like to see China knocked down.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Naval Air assets will allow US to stand-off from ground-to-sea missiles. Fair sized air "raids" can be conducted against pre-selected ships, then the US strike package can withdraw back to carriers, or islands, before China can intercept.

Sort of a Tanker War motif. A few dozen tankers making a 1-way trip to the bottom will straighten things out.

US is nearing energy independence anyway, practically a Second War of Independence.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
We depend on China for too much and China depends on our business too much. I doubt if we would ever go to war with them. Our differences aren't that great, we stay out of their face and they stay out of ours is how it works. What China did recently was to try to hack businesses to get patent information, they weren't doing anything malicious. To build cheap things they need information to work with. They aren't going after our government or utilities as far as I have read, but the media implied that they could. The Media is under the control of big business and the politicians. Politicians owe "unofficial" favoritism to big business for their continued contributions to their political campaign funds.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingFox
Fair sized air "raids" can be conducted against pre-selected ships, then the US strike package can withdraw back to carriers, or islands, before China can intercept.

Sort of a Tanker War motif. A few dozen tankers making a 1-way trip to the bottom will straighten things out.

Let's hope that never happens.
The US sinking a few dozen tankers, spilling their fluids into the ocean, isn't going to make the rest of the world feel all warm and fuzzy towards them. Especially those countries that have borders on the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

If China - or Russia - declared war on the US - Don't you think the rest of the world (except maybe Europe) would be ALL IN to kick our a#%#es back to the stone age? Probably even our own treasonous execu-tard branch of gov't.

Didn't Clinton give the Panama Canal to China? Who's side would Cuba be on? South American countries? Mexico? Doesn't China own a seaport in San Diego?

I keep saying it - North Korea is nothing more than China's nuke launch-pad.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backfire
This is how the world views America. The world should blockade you in before ye do anymore damage to the world.

Are Most Americans Merely Delusional Or Insane?

www.dangerouscreation.com...

That link is ridiculous.

#2. Never happened. Obama was re-elected, which means #1 was incorrect. If #1 was correct, Obama would not have be re-elected.

#3. The amount of people voting on American Idol has absolutely nothing to do with what is or isn't important to Americans. Especially since most of those votes are from kids and you can vote as many times as you like.

#4. Comparing the tooth fairy to religious beliefs is ridiculous. There are people all over the world that have religious beliefs that are quite far fetched.

#5. Wow. You know this guy who made this list is a Muslim that lives in somewhere in the middle east. I don't even think this one deserves a response.

#6. Would love to see how most of the world that dislikes the US would feel if we pulled all of our financial aid.

#10. We are.

the rest are just ridiculous. 90% of the people who hate america have never been here.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
America in China are in a Cold War. It is not like the US -USSR Cold War, but serious enough. They attack each other with cyber weapons, then shake hands at summits. American planners have already begun to test in simulations and research papers what would happen in a fight. One idea is a naval blockade. Consisdeirng how much China needs oil from the sea, its a smart idea. It could even save lives. However, the global economy would likely go down the tubes....

thediplomat.com...

I am sure it is just one plan. The US has many plans for many different scenarios. Hell, they have a plan in case there is an alien invasion. Just because there is a plan, it doesn't mean that is will be implemented or the situation will even ever happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Don't forget, recently China has been importing a noticably larger amount of rice. Prepping, perhaps?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Backfire

I'm American and I 100% agree with you. We're like a cancer, cut us off man and let the implosion begin. Maybe what rises from the ashes will be halfway decent.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This reminds me of the Jack London story 'The Unparalleled Invasion'.

I believe it is out of copy right and so can be read on line. But basically, the world is finding China too successful for its own liking and blockades the nation then bombarding them with biological warfare. It really is a terrible tale of jealousy, greed and psycopaths running the world.........but interesting never the less.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How many miles of coastline does China have? I don't know...that sounds about as far fetched as trying to blockade the United States.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well I'm an expert on the Cold War and I can tell you that we are definitely not in anything resembling one with China.

I think you should reconsider. The Cold War was really a financial war. Both sides spent trillions on the arms race. Russia ran out of money because they couldn't compete financially. China also has us in a financial war... They are rapidly draining our financial resources. As the dollar becomes more worthless, and we lose good paying jobs, the options will become fewer and fewer. We won't be able to maintain the financial war much longer because we are losing. The other options?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join