It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Plan to Blockade China if a War Happens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
America in China are in a Cold War. It is not like the US -USSR Cold War, but serious enough. They attack each other with cyber weapons, then shake hands at summits. American planners have already begun to test in simulations and research papers what would happen in a fight. One idea is a naval blockade. Consisdeirng how much China needs oil from the sea, its a smart idea. It could even save lives. However, the global economy would likely go down the tubes....

thediplomat.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by travis911

S&F Be prepared to defend this thread!!

You will have a bunch of no-nothings, telling you this is impossible. They will be saying that China' missles , and Navy (
). Won't let it happen, they will know all the facts
. Without giving any thought that the war planers have all ready taken all this into consideration.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

In the event of a war a blockade would cripple China. China may be the worlds factory but they are totally dependent upon imports of food and raw material. With over one billion people to feed and employ things would spiral out of control fast if a blockade was implemented and the Chinese Government would struggle to maintain order.

Its this same reason why I think the Chinese are not pulling the trigger on killing the dollar. If they slit our throat, they slit their own, considering we buy the majority of their crap.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Blockade...
With WHAT? Tugboats, the Alaskan fishing fleet and the coast guard?!

Obama has gutted our active blue water Navy for what is afloat vs. what is in port. We have TWO...count them now.. TWO... Carriers currently out of port or Dry Dock. 2 more are listed as "Surge Ready", including the Truman that is supposedly too expensive for Obama to see put back out to sea on schedule.

So.. with the pathetic excuse for a blue water presence, this clown is even going to consider talking about blockades?! China will clean our clock and send us the bill for the time spent if we even TRY and screw with them in a half ass way.

It's ALL the way or NO WAY in my opinion. China won't play half ass and they won't hold anything back if it comes to more than diplomatic fighting. If this fool we have as a President has put us into a tactically terminal situation, China won't feel pity and hold back. They'll stomp us like a roach and laugh about how we allowed it to happen by planning a toddler could have done better with.

China needs left alone...AT LEAST until we have a President who is not indifferent at best and outright against the military at worst. China is no game..and no one gets a do-over if it's screwed 10 ways from Sunday.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hey Wrabbit, Could you please link me to that data? I would like to read up on it.

BTW, I'm glad you didn't start that post with " I hate to disagree"

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Nevermind found this dated Jan. 2013.

That has reduced the U.S. fleet of carriers from 11 to nine, as the Navy struggles to maintain a two-carrier presence in the Middle East as required by the Obama administration since 2010.

[url.abovetopsecret.com]AboveTopSecret[/url]

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is how the world views America. The world should blockade you in before ye do anymore damage to the world.

Are Most Americans Merely Delusional Or Insane?

www.dangerouscreation.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Backfire

I had never seen that before but many of the points made are quite valid and I have
already thought along those lines for quite a while. I replied to a post not long ago about
the difficulty of communicating to most people, unless you are talking about Jersey Shore
or American Idol.

As for the OP, regardless of the battle plans or strategies that have been conceived the nature
of war is extremely chaotic and unpredictable. True, it is always good to be prepared, but in this
case we are preparing for something that should be unthinkable to begin with. It is not only the
stupidity and ignorance of the masses but the arrogance and misguided (if not all out malicious)
nature of those that we have blindly handed all the power to. The fact that we, our government,
or anyone else even needs to discuss plans for war means that we as a species have sealed
our own fate as being self-destructive, narrow minded and intolerant of our own kind.
This is just my opinion though.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I love you Americans but I fear for what your government are doing to your country, likely the same over here.. I hope nothing occurs but the way things are heading, I only see one way out and it doesn't involve handshakes and kisses.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Having read the op, and unfortunately most of the experts will probably see this as a last ditch effort on the part of the USA, in the event of a shooting war, but blockading China will not work, nor will it suceed.

It will have some impact, but the reality is that China will not sit idly by while the US puts a blockade on its ports, or patrols its coasts and prevents shipping from getting into and out of the county. If anything, it will ship the lanes of shipping from sea to land. The allies that China has carefully cultivated in the past years, begin to make sense. So we blockade China, it now gets it oil through Vietnam. We try to stop that country and it now comes through Pakistan or another country. Something like this could be a problem is Russia gets in the mix, offering assistance to the Chinese, thus keeping their supply lines and the flow of raw materials coming in and finished goods flowing out. And as China has a border that is similar to the US, very pourus, it would not be hard for them to exploit such.

After all the question is how many more countries does the US wish to tick off and who would benefit from such a very poor action?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Hey Wrabbit, Could you please link me to that data? I would like to read up on it.

BTW, I'm glad you didn't start that post with " I hate to disagree"

lol... I recall you catching me on using that little phrase. I learned.

Gimmie a sec to put things together here on current deployment status. Here is an initial reference sheet though. This is the U.S. Navy's distribution of surface ships in the Pacific. Carriers aren't on this list. It's everything other than the CVBG's.

US Navy - Pacific Theater

I still can't find the nice, colorful Stratfor map that gives such a clear and easy display of surface ship deployment. I imagine Stratfor is a little less than generous after their little difficulties (Grumbles about unintended consequences of people's hack jobs).. Anyway.. here is the current deployment list of the entire Navy..

Ships and Submarines
Deployable Battle Force Ships: 284
Ships Deployed: 97 (34%)
Ships Underway for Local Ops / Training (USFF / 3rd Fleet): 34(11%)
Ships Underway
Aircraft Carriers:
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) - Mediterranean Sea
USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) - 5th Fleet
USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) - Atlantic Ocean
Amphibious Assault Ships:
USS Peleliu (LHA 5) - 5th Fleet
USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) - 7th Fleet
USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) - Atlantic Ocean

Aircraft (operational): 3700+
Source

That dates today for updates, according to their page and it's another U.S. Navy data feed. I stand corrected on the number, by the way. It looks like the Truman DID leave port after all? It was just last week I think I still saw stories about it being held in port for lack of money to send out? Well..That's a piece of good news I don't mind being wrong about.

The Washington is also in port at Yokosuka, Japan when I'd last checked a couple weeks ago. That list isn't showing it as being at-sea, so I'd take it to still be in port in Japan. (still looks that way by reading the ship's facebook traffic)

This is another list of status and recent history of the US Carrier fleet. An advance warning tho...the most recent updates aren't as updated or necessarily accurate as we'd like. It's why I went to using the above source from the US Navy directly. However, it's a decent snapshot of what they've generally been up to recently or what the reasons are for extended time in port or maintenance.

Where are the Carriers?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I don't know but I do know this.. China have 1000's of missiles waiting across their Eastern Coastline. If you think you are going to simply cut them off without a retaliation, the USA is dreaming.. Bye Bye Taiwan, Maybe Japan, the its time to start counting the troops.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
yea we have a more powerful museam fleet then active lol , they might as well finish it & tie the carriers up permanently & give tours like the USS WISCONSION, the sitting president ..... alll i can say is wow

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I agree. They are not self sufficient nor will they be so for some time.

I see China as the greatest external threat to the US right now. We would need to hold something over Russia though to not interfere. Seeing how they LOVE money and capitalism now, perhaps trade sanctions from the UN for interference and promises of US consumers would keep them with their hands in their pockets.

edit on 14-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

On this, I do agree with you entirely. China can't come here in force...we'd slaughter them. I'm sure everyone agrees on that. It's the fact the very same will happen to US if we go there that I'm surprised so many of my fellow Americans miss. A blockade within weapons range of their shoreline will give them a nice selection of targets to shoot at while they make circles in the water.

I think China stays on their side with military ...We don't get any more expansive than we already are in the pacific..and peace will work. If the U.S. crowds and tries to force China's hand in any public way?

I personally think China will risk losing a war before they'd publicly lose face to the United States or any other nation for something which mattered.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It looks like China is on to this.

China is building one of the world's largest drone fleets aimed at expanding its military reach in the Pacific and swarming U.S. Navy carriers in the unlikely event of a war, according to a new report.

link
edit on 14-3-2013 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Thanks for the links. I will look into them.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well I'm an expert on the Cold War and I can tell you that we are definitely not in anything resembling one with China.

Incidents are always going to happen between strong powers....its inevitable.

Secondly, we never blockaded the Soviet Union during the Cold War, with the exceptiion of Cuba, which was basically the fault of the US in the first place and eventually led to a deal where we lost complete influence with that island nation so that isn't going to happen.

Thirdly, China is still connected by land to whatever they need, yes a blockade would affect them until they get the routes opened up but it won't be long before tankers, or even a pipeline, are set up to deliver oil.

Fourthly, the complete havoc China will cause in world markets to strike back would make any blockade not even worth the effort.

Could we do it?

Yes, but we won't.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I agree. If they were to dock off Hawaii and tell yous, sorry, your under a blockade yous would annihilate them. But the thing is, you guys are moving resources all over the place whether its China, the Middle East or anywhere else. If China attack, I don't think it will only be China and that worries me more than anything else. Nth Korea are another, Iran with the bases in the ME, they could try it...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

If war happens.....I agree and I think it's a given for what you're saying there. The world has learned one thing, if nothing else. NO ONE defeats the United States on the battlefield. No One remaining in the world is capable of it. THAT is a true statement, although I think it'll piss off some people to hear anyone state the obvious.

It's also not a GOOD thing for nations to realize and know, as we keep rampaging around the world like a bull in the proverbial China shop.

What it means isn't that the world just throws it's hands up, accepts American hegemony and just pouts, any more than the world accepted Hitler and the new Reich as the long term rulers of the entirety of Europe. It just means that knowing no ONE can defeat us .... Indeed... We'll see it come from several directions, if it does, and unexpected ones at that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join