It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis is Italian, NOT Latin-American.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Lincourtz

sk0rpi0n
Pope Francis is being touted as the "First Latin-American Pope" and the first "Non-European Pope in 1000 years" and so on. But is he really?

I was just reading his wiki page, and it turns out.... he is the son of Italian immigrants.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires, one of the five children of Italian immigrants Mario José Bergoglio, a railway worker, and his wife Regina María Sívori, a housewife.
wiki

The final Pope was supposed to be "Peter the Roman". Though he isn't using the name "Peter", he is still very much of Roman (Italian) lineage.

Could Pope Francis be the final Roman Pope?

edit on 14-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Most argentinians are Italian or Spanish then if u think like this . Specially people Pope Francis' age due to the Italian Diaspora.
Italian Diaspora INfo

en.wikipedia.org...

What, will you consider Yourself "English" if your parents were from England but you were born and raised in the USA?

edit on 25-2-2014 by Lincourtz because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by Lincourtz because: (no reason given)

+1

Exactly. People migrate then have kids in another country, then they are of that country. His Heritage might be Italian , but he was BORN in Argentina. That makes him Latin American.
Now i still agree with the OP about him being Peter the Roman but for other reasons. I know the OP cant change the title of the thread now (Maybe you could ask a forum moderator to do it for you, idk). But i dont think he means what other people on this thread are saying.
I read things here like " he doesnt have "latino" blood"....gee do you even know what you are saying?
Latino blood means nothing. Latino comes from Latin which is the mother language from which spanish derived. Most countries in south america , specially when you go to the south most part of the continet, have european ancestors. In Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and some others, Spanish and Italian.
In Brazil Mostly portuguese and African.
Colombia, paraguay, Peru and some others have a bit more of native blood with Spanish, not so much italian blood because of the way the migration worked into those countries.

So please, stop talking nonsense and if you want to discuss why Francisco I is Peter the Roman, i think is still possible to save this thread...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join