It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis is Italian, NOT Latin-American.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
he is of italian ethnicity and descent.

i think they selected him to make it seem as if a change has occurred, but in reality i see business as usual up ahead.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I think what the OP is saying is that he should be described in the media as an Italian pope not as latin-american pope because his blood is Italian not latino. I agree with him.

He doesn't look latino either... He looks Italian.

Why not? He is from Latin America. He was born in Latin America.

How does that disqualify him from being a Latin American pope?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

ummm....if thats the case, then why do you call yourself "Jesuit" garlic?

because the high up Jesuits are the most deceptive and dangerous people in the world and garlic is nature's antibiotic to this virus on humanity, an antiviral that no tolerance/resistance can ever be developed to (unlike artificial antibiotics).

So what is the natural cure for exposing lies and deception....truth, knowledge and understanding

My name stands for truth and understanding to anyone from any religious identity that is spiritually lost

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hello. I dont understand why you call descendants of Italians as "Romans".

Im Argentine, and all my grandparents are from Italy, Ancona.. For you Im a Roman too? Also the parents of Francis were from Piedmont, not rome. Greeting and sorry for my bad english

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If you are British and are born in America you are American with British parents.

!!! (headslap)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Some people just can't accept the motto "Deny Ignorance". Mayan prophecies, Niburu, Nostradamus, and now the ridiculous Malachy " prophecies, of Malachy, born in 1094, died in1148, but whose prophecies were not "written" until 1595...prophecies that were quite accurate up to the date that they were published, and pure general-isms after that date.

Enough said, if some wish to wallow in complete ignorance, be my guest. What a waste of one's life. Watch those goblins, they may be lurking in the dark.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Loferzi

I am not calling Italians in general "Romans".
In this case, we are investigating a supposed final Pope, who is described as a "Roman".
It turns out that Pope Francis is Italian.... and modern day Italians are the closest match to Romans. When it comes to a prophetic subject, we tend to make these associations.

Im Argentine, and all my grandparents are from Italy, Ancona.. For you Im a Roman too? Also the parents of Francis were from Piedmont, not rome.

National identity is not exactly the same as heritage.
Rome need not necessarily be a reference to the modern city of Rome, but rather the heritage of being descended from the people who were once called Romans... or part of the Roman empire.

Kind of like how the Iranian Jews are 100% Iranian by nationality, but still have a heritage that is different from the other Iranians.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

How does being an Italian born in Latin America disqualify him from having Italian heritage? It doesn't.

I am talking about the supposed final Pope who was described as being Roman. This modern day Italian pople, regardless of where he was born is a close match to the supposed final pope.

Take for example, the claim that the anti-christ would be Assyrian (not discussing that subject here, but just to give you an example) The Assyrian empire no longer exists. So how should we spot the AC? We would look for somebody who may have descended from the ancient Assyrians...or somebody who is from the geographical region once called the Assyrian empire. As opposed to making random guesses.

I am making these same associations. Pope Francis may hold Argentinian citizenship... but theres more to what we see. He is actually of Italian heritage... thus making him a candidate for the final Roman pope.

edit on 14-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well maybe you should change the title of the thread to say that the new pope isn't a Latino?

As it's currently written it's absurd. He is a Latin-American.

I wish I could right now. But you get my point.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What region of Italy his father comes from?

Does his father comes from Romano Canavese, just like Tarcisio Bertone?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I think what the OP is saying is that he should be described in the media as an Italian pope not as latin-american pope because his blood is Italian not latino. I agree with him.

My parents are American which so am I. But I was born on a base in Greece. I am not Greek.

Gs

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
What region of Italy his father comes from?

Does his father comes from Romano Canavese, just like Tarcisio Bertone?

His father and mother was from Bricco Marmorito

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Loferzi

I am not calling Italians in general "Romans".
In this case, we are investigating a supposed final Pope, who is described as a "Roman".
It turns out that Pope Francis is Italian.... and modern day Italians are the closest match to Romans. When it comes to a prophetic subject, we tend to make these associations.

Im Argentine, and all my grandparents are from Italy, Ancona.. For you Im a Roman too? Also the parents of Francis were from Piedmont, not rome.

National identity is not exactly the same as heritage.
Rome need not necessarily be a reference to the modern city of Rome, but rather the heritage of being descended from the people who were once called Romans... or part of the Roman empire.

Kind of like how the Iranian Jews are 100% Iranian by nationality, but still have a heritage that is different from the other Iranians.

Yes, I understand you. Anyway, In my country, most people from the age of francis are children of Italians, but also, In Italy there are many Jesuits, they are cardenals and from Italy, So I think its not very important to have Italian blood in this case.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Loferzi

For all of you new pope apologist and everyone else who wants to learn something - see the thread White Smoke, Black Pope, Is the USA to be destroyed?

This is the first jesuit pope - the francis name is probably francis xavier ( the co-founder of the jesuits with ignatius)

Black pope is the title commonly given to the head of the jesuit order - not a skin color.

See the many crimes against the people of argentina and his own jesuit brothers during the military junta in the argentinian history.

This is satan - not a good man.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He is an Italian-Argentine?

Latin-American Italian? lol.

Does it really matter his nationality if they are all a bunch of international cardinals anyways?

I mean, the guy grew up in South America then ends up going back to Rome? What does that say?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Loferzi

For all of you new pope apologist and everyone else who wants to learn something - see the thread White Smoke, Black Pope, Is the USA to be destroyed?

This is the first jesuit pope - the francis name is probably francis xavier ( the co-founder of the jesuits with ignatius)

Black pope is the title commonly given to the head of the jesuit order - not a skin color.

See the many crimes against the people of argentina and his own jesuit brothers during the military junta in the argentinian history.

This is satan - not a good man.

Satan? Ok man but did you know that the Pope helped thousands of poor people? or d id you know that every month he was going to poor neighborhoods and gave food for more 30 years? Or maybe he was Satan camouflaged?

About dictatorship, there are not proofs, all are inventions of the anticlerical left. Precisely, In Argentina, we are governed by montoneros, this people kidnapped people and put bombs, were Marxist terrorists and people who accuse the Pope of criminal, were part of this organization. Greeting

edit on 15-3-2013 by Loferzi because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2013 by Loferzi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Loferzi

Other people from argentina see it much differently. There's a trial coming up isn't there? Operation Condor with the US and Kissinger? Ring a bell? Time will tell. I stick with my impressions and the history of the jesuits.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oh my is so nice been here in Buenos Aires and reading all the rant and ignorance displayed in this thread.

By god.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

His blood is italian. He doesn't have an ounce of south american ancestry.

And there is no such thing as latin america or latin american because the people that invaded south america ( the spanish) have absolutely no connection to the city of latium.

The "latino" look which the media shows us is a mixture between indigenous south americans and spanish invaders.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Pope Francis is being touted as the "First Latin-American Pope" and the first "Non-European Pope in 1000 years" and so on. But is he really?

I was just reading his wiki page, and it turns out.... he is the son of Italian immigrants.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires, one of the five children of Italian immigrants Mario José Bergoglio, a railway worker, and his wife Regina María Sívori, a housewife.
wiki

The final Pope was supposed to be "Peter the Roman". Though he isn't using the name "Peter", he is still very much of Roman (Italian) lineage.

Could Pope Francis be the final Roman Pope?

Most argentinians are Italian or Spanish then if u think like this . Specially people Pope Francis' age due to the Italian Diaspora.
Italian Diaspora INfo

en.wikipedia.org...

What, will you consider Yourself "English" if your parents were from England but you were born and raised in the USA?

edit on 25-2-2014 by Lincourtz because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by Lincourtz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join