It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis is Italian, NOT Latin-American.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Okay ... that's fine.

But I'm still inclined to think that 'the roman' part of the prophecy refers to a future event. The prophecy for Pope John Paul I fit perfectly ... but you didn't know it until after he died. He was murdered by certain cardinals or elements in the Vatican and he only lasted a month .. which fit the prophecy but no one knew it until he had died.

Guess we'll see as time goes on. He's 76, in a very hard job, and he has one lung.
If there is to be another pope after him, most people here will probably live long
enough to see it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Actually for the past few years he has been the Bishop of Rome!

There's where the Roman part comes into play.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Oneggod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

So then I suppose I'm not an American, I'm a Scandinavian?? You see, all this time I figured I was an American because I was born in Indianapolis, Indiana. Who knew??

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yeah I noticed that. The news casters here in Spain made mention of it as he was saying his little prayer for Benedict last night.

They even said that technically he IS Italian. Or at least of Italian heritage.

Now, are his parents from Rome?

edit on 14-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So then I suppose I'm not an American, I'm a Scandinavian?? You see, all this time I figured I was an American because I was born in Indianapolis, Indiana. Who knew??

Your Scandinvian heritage did not magically disappear when you were born in the US, did it?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Your Scandinvian heritage did not magically disappear when you were born in the US, did it?

Who said it did? Your argument is that the new pope isn't from Latin-America because his parents were Italian, even though he was born in Latin-America.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

"Rome" refers to the Roman empire which Italy was at one point... not necessarily the modern city of Rome.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Having that heritage doesn't make him a Scandinavian.
It makes him an American with ancestors who came from Scandinavia.

Hey NOTurTypical ... do you and your family celebrate St. Luci day by putting candles on your head and going around the house with Christmas pastries .. or do you believe in the Christmas elf Nissie??
No? Do you have an American birth certificate and/or passport? Okay .. you are a red blooded Mid Western American ...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

well his parents were from Turin, so I guess...... BUT if we are going to say any part of the Roman empire, then you have a HUGE area to consider.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Who said it did? Your argument is that the new pope isn't from Latin-America because his parents were Italian, even though he was born in Latin-America.

I'm not saying he isn't from Latin-America. I am saying he is latin American of Roman heritage. By heritage, he is still very much Roman.

Its like how Indian Americans can still call themselves even though they have American citizenship.

Nationality and heritage are two different things.

edit on 14-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Ahhh ... okay ...I see what you are saying ... that's very true.

You'd have to find out how close this fella is to his Italian ancestory.
But considering that he lived his whole life in Latin America ...
I'm really thinking that saying he's 'The Roman' because of his
ancestory is like putting a square peg in a round hole.

Seriously ... 'The Roman' part .... look to future events to have it fit.

The prophecy doesn't have to be something from before he becomes pope.
It can be about something that happens AFTER he becomes pope.
Like John Paul I .. his was for AFTER he became pope ... ya know??

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by tadaman

"Rome" refers to the Roman empire which Italy was at one point... not necessarily the modern city of Rome.

So most modern-day Arabs are "Romans"?

Remember, the Eastern leg of the Roman Empire outlived the Western leg by over 1,000 years.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'm not saying he isn't from Latin-America. I am saying he is latin American of Roman heritage. By heritage, he is still very much Roman.

Its like how Indian Americans can still call themselves even though they have American citizenship.

Well maybe you should change the title of the thread to say that the new pope isn't a Latino?

As it's currently written it's absurd. He is a Latin-American.

edit on 14-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Having that heritage doesn't make him a Scandinavian.
It makes him an American with ancestors who came from Scandinavia.

Hey NOTurTypical ... do you and your family celebrate St. Luci day by putting candles on your head and going around the house with Christmas pastries .. or do you believe in the Christmas elf Nissie??
No? Do you have an American birth certificate and/or passport? Okay .. you are a red blooded Mid Western American ...

Nope, none of that. I'm a redneck truck driver who has tattoos.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here is a quick question, if he is born in America and is of italian or LATIN lineage, how does that not make him a latin american? Doesn't latin originate in Rome?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This is funny considering what a big deal they were making out of this. Whens the last time if ever an Irish was pope? lol

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.wellbeyondthepale.com...:has-there-ever-been-an-irish-pope&catid=48:ireland-faqs-and-trivia& Itemid=73

for the record.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think what the OP is saying is that he should be described in the media as an Italian pope not as latin-american pope because his blood is Italian not latino. I agree with him.

He doesn't look latino either... He looks Italian.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
My take is that prophecy is hard to interpret and yet people still look for the straight line from point A to point B

As mentioned earlier, this pope was Bishop of Rome,
Peter was the start or the first, this Pope is also the first, first Jesuit, first Francis.

So what we are left with is the First with a link to Rome, Nothing to do with ancestry or name, but reference points.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Even if there are more Popes, people should think about how very interesting it is, that another prophecy that is long term, shows its end at our time.

Think what it takes for us to be at the 112th pope at out time, they lived and died various years to end ...when...NOW!
edit on 14-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join