It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis is Italian, NOT Latin-American.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Pope Francis is being touted as the "First Latin-American Pope" and the first "Non-European Pope in 1000 years" and so on. But is he really?

I was just reading his wiki page, and it turns out.... he is the son of Italian immigrants.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires, one of the five children of Italian immigrants Mario José Bergoglio, a railway worker, and his wife Regina María Sívori, a housewife.
wiki

The final Pope was supposed to be "Peter the Roman". Though he isn't using the name "Peter", he is still very much of Roman (Italian) lineage.

Could Pope Francis be the final Roman Pope?

edit on 14-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I'll check later when I get home but it's starting to look like we do indeed have Peter of Rome
The black pope
Interesting stuff

Good find op

snf
edit on 14/3/13 by cody599 because: To add snf

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
He was born in Latin America so he is indeed Latin American.
His father moved there from Italy. So his father was Italian.
You can say that Pope Francis' heritage and ancestory is Italian.
But he was born and raised in Latin America so that's what he is ... IMHO

ETA ... if someone comes to America from Mexico then they are Mexican.
If their children are born here then their children are Americans with a
Mexican ancestory and a Mexican heritage .. but they are still Americans.

edit on 3/14/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Oooohh...this is going to be great, I am sure members of ATS will chew this new pope until all flavours and juices are gone before spitting him out. There is no escape for this new pope. If he has something to hide regarding to and associations with Peter, in what form whatsoever ATS members will find it.

Like many other members I will keep a close eye on threads on the subject and if I run into something that can contribute i will surely inform you guys.

S&F !! ♪♫
edit on 14/3/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Pope Francis is being touted as the "First Latin-American Pope" and the first "Non-European Pope in 1000 years" and so on. But is he really?

I was just reading his wiki page, and it turns out.... he is the son of Italian immigrants.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires, one of the five children of Italian immigrants Mario José Bergoglio, a railway worker, and his wife Regina María Sívori, a housewife.
wiki

The final Pope was supposed to be "Peter the Roman". Though he isn't using the name "Peter", he is still very much of Roman (Italian) lineage.

A lot of people are saying that the Malachy prophecy and the Henoch Prophecies do not apply to the new selection of Bergoglio as Pope, and that as a consequence the prophecies (overall) has been rendered false - however as always with prophecies there usually is something cryptic to be found , like with the coat of arms or the new name taken - and so anyway, thus it follows that maybe there is something of that nature going on here again after all...i.e. the following...

"Saint Francis of Assisi ''
Saint Francis of Assisi, Italian San Francesco d’Assisi, baptized Giovanni, renamed Francesco, original name Francesco di Pietro di Bernardone

Jorge Mario Bergoglio is Italian descent (Roman) and a Jesuit. therefore "Petrus Romanus" implying that this pope will reaffirm the authority of the Roman Pontiff over the Church and will emphasize the supremacy of the Roman Catholic Faith and the Roman Catholic Church above all other religions and denominations, and its authority over all Christians and all peoples of the world. As....
concerning the Jesuits.... their order was organized "to stop Protestantism from spreading and to preserve communion with Rome and the successor of Peter..." (wiki)

therefore ultimately when you add it all up - is there enough here to have a Petrus Romanus (a Peter the Roman) here in this respect?? - i guess everyone has to decide for themselfs

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Pope Francis is being touted as the "First Latin-American Pope" and the first "Non-European Pope in 1000 years" and so on. But is he really? I was just reading his wiki page, and it turns out.... he is the son of Italian immigrants.

According to your rather confused logic, then everyone in the United states, other than native Americans(who also originally came from other Continents, at some time in the past) are not American, but Italian, German, Greek, French, African, etc?
I would have thought that after all the nonsensical conspiracy theories about the end of the world, such as the Mayan "prediction" , all of which have been total flops, that people would wise up, and understand that about the only thing one can predict about the future is that we will all eventually die.
.....and I thought that the motto of ATS was Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Then why ate black people still labeled African American even when they are born in american. They are still identified as being african. He is still of Itallian decent.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

According to your rather confused logic, then everyone in the United states, other than native Americans(who also originally came from other Continents, at some time in the past) are not American, but Italian, German, Greek, French, African, etc?

They are referred to as Italian Americans, German Americans, Greek Americans, French Americans and African Americans and so on. They are referred to as Americans of so and so descent.

In the case of Pope Francis, he happens to be a Latin-American of Roman descent. Considering the prophecy of the last Pope... who is said to be a "Roman"... "Roman" could also mean somebody of Roman descent.
It IS relevant regardless of whether or not you believe it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
Then why ate black people still labeled African American even when they are born in american. They are still identified as being african.

That's their (black people's) choice. And frankly, it's rather annoying to a lot of non-black people that Americans who are black many times hyphen the American with African-American. They don't even put 'American' first. But that's the subject for another thread.

He is still of Itallian decent.

That's what I said.
He's a Latin-American.
His parents were Italians.
So he is of Italian decent ... but he's still from Latin America.
He was born there, he was raised there, his citizenship is there.
He's 76 and Latin America is his home.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Mexican ancestory and a Mexican heritage .. but they are still Americans.

I know.. but what if the final Roman Pope prophecy meant somebody of Roman heritage and not literally a citizen of Rome??
Then Pope Francis fits the bill.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Any person that becomes a pope is equivalent to Peter the Roman. The final name description in the "prophesy" of the popes is really not needed to be discussed.

A more interesting line of discussion is whether the prophecy is a kind of Satanic set up where Luci comes in to replace the last pope (or for him to replace a pretend "antiChrist" figure who orchestrates some attack on the Catholic church and appear to save the day).

The background of the pope, namely what he did in Argentina and how high up in the Jesuit order he got are useful discussion lines to determine how colluding this Pope perhaps is in any kind of Satanic set up deception.

Picking a Jesuit, who has sworn allegiance to the Jesuit General is about as bad a human choice as the Catholic church could have made. It is not a good sign for peace between Christianity now or with any other of the major world religions (as they aim to stir conflict to meet their objectives).

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This guy is so old we will be watching the smoke in a few weeks....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhySoBlinded

Jorge Mario Bergoglio is Italian descent (Roman)................ and a Jesuit. !!!

therefore "Petrus Romanus" implying that this pope will reaffirm the authority of the Roman Pontiff over the Church and will emphasize the supremacy of the Roman Catholic Faith and the Roman Catholic Church above all other religions and denominations, and its authority over all Christians and all peoples of the world.

concerning the Jesuits.... their order was organized "to stop Protestantism from spreading and to preserve communion with Rome and the successor of Peter..." (wiki)

the prediction that the final Pope would see the Roman Church beseiged in persecutions might be the backlash from the Jesuit laced stiff doctrines that Pope Francis will impose.

then since he is from South America, born in Buenos Aries... it would not be unusual for him to visit Rio De Janero and visit the iconic Statue of Christ the Redeemer on mount Corcovado
cruises.about.com...

~the tall statue which is very symbolic of a 'cross' (Jesus with outstretched arms) erected on a mountain...
see images on the link

'Mountain & Cross' are two key components of a prophecy of the final Pope being hunted down and killed on a mountain with a Cross atop it...killed by a group using both arrows and bullets

the prophetic events and person are still swirling around like a building hurricane storm... but in time the connections will become sharper as they are revealed and the eye-of-the-storm develops
edit on 14-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Xeven

by deduction... if this is the last pope, and he will become the AC... then he will serve at the very least for 3 1/2 years until he gets killed/assassinated on the mountain with a cross and recovers by a Miracle
edit on 14-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Picking a Jesuit, who has sworn allegiance to the Jesuit General is about as bad a human choice as the Catholic church could have made.

ummm....if thats the case, then why do you call yourself "Jesuit" garlic?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I know.. but what if the final Roman Pope prophecy meant somebody of Roman heritage and not literally a citizen of Rome?? Then Pope Francis fits the bill.

His father, Mario José Bergoglio, was a railway worker from Italy.
But I haven't been able to find if he was from Rome.
Italy is pretty big. He could have been from anywhere.

Pope Francis fits the Malachy prophecy with or without his Italian heritage.

ANY pope is considered to be a 'Peter'. All popes 'stand the shoes of the fisherman' (who is peter). And all popes sit on 'the chair of Peter). So all popes are 'peter'.

The other prophecies of St. Malachy fit pretty good. This last one is really generic and could fit anyone who became pope. It's like reading a horoscope in the Sunday newspaper. It's very generalized and could fit anyone. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Picking a Jesuit, who has sworn allegiance to the Jesuit General is about as bad a human choice as the Catholic church could have made.

ummm....if thats the case, then why do you call yourself "Jesuit" garlic?

Because he thinks all Jesuits are vampires who want to take over the world ... and garlic scares away vampires. (sarcasm) It's his obsession ....

Originally posted by Xeven

Considering he's 76 and only has one lung .. he's getting along pretty well.
However, the rigors of the office will take a toll on him.
If he were 15 years younger .. it would have been much better.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

His father, Mario José Bergoglio, was a railway worker from Italy.
But I haven't been able to find if he was from Rome.
Italy is pretty big. He could have been from anywhere.

"Roman" could refer to somebody from the Roman empire... which Italy was at one point.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

wiki

All popes are a continuation in the line of succession to Peter the Roman One. The last pope is Peter the Roman final version.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

"Roman" could refer to somebody from the Roman empire... which Italy was at one point.

Okay then .... well ... heck .. then that could cover the entire mediterranean as well as up into England and that area. I suppose if you want to look at it that way ... find out when the St. Malachy prophecy was supposed to have been made and look at 'The Empire' at that time and see what lands are within it.

Still ... this fella was born in South America and has lived there his whole life so I'm thinking that doesn't fit. He isn't his father. He's himself. I don't know how far back you'd have to go in the bloodline to force a fit for the prophecy ... but like I said, I don't think you need to. He already fits by being pope ...

As for 'the roman' part .. that might be a clue as to something in the future.
He might be hunkered down in Rome when the rest of the people flee ...
or something like that. "The Roman' could be a future event yet to take place.

Some of the prophecies have happened that way. Like PJPI ...
His referred to the length of time he was in office.
That was something not known when he was elected ...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Still ... this fella was born in South America and has lived there his whole life so I'm thinking that doesn't fit. He isn't his father. He's himself. I don't know how far back you'd have to go in the bloodline to force a fit for the prophecy ... but like I said, I don't think you need to. He already fits by being pope ...

Well he would be a South American of Roman descent. Even if he already fits by being pope... his Roman heritage adds that extra "layer" to this matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join