It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The New York Times is a Crypto-Nazi Paper"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

When I'm labeled anti-jewish

I didn't make it personal and label anyone precisely of any such thing.
My thread must have hit a raw nerve with you.

The problem is, that the people you suggest are anti-Jewish, if not directly then at least indirectly, by subsequently talking about the holocaust, these people seem to express views no far from our own.
Views that in my opinion do not seem antiemetic, but in fact pretty rational, like the one about the state of Israel being problematic.

So if this is how you measure it, I would by your standard most likely be considered anti-Jewish. But quite frankly I don't wish anyone any harm, but I however do have a problem with what is going on, and I am very offended by some of Israel's actions.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Anti-Zionism =/= antisemitism

How many times does it need to be repeated for people to get it through their hollow skulls?

If that is the case, why have two words for the same thing?

Definition of ANTI-SEMITISM
hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group

Definition of ANTI-ZIONISM
is opposition to Zionistic views or opposition to the state of Israel.

My dictionary thinks there is a clear distinction. So I am tempted to disagree with your statements.

But I am curious. Are you proposing that it is impossible to be against the state of Israel without also being against Jewish people?
Cause personally I have no trouble having one foot in each camp. Just saying..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

Originally posted by SilentKoala

How many times does it need to be repeated for people to get it through their hollow skulls?

If that is the case, why have two words for the same thing?

Definition of ANTI-SEMITISM
hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group

Definition of ANTI-ZIONISM
is opposition to Zionistic views or opposition to the state of Israel.

My dictionary thinks there is a clear distinction. So I am tempted to disagree with your statements.

But I am curious. Are you proposing that it is impossible to be against the state of Israel without also being against Jewish people?
Cause personally I have no trouble having one foot in each camp. Just saying..

I believe SK's point was that the two terms are not interchangable, as symboized by the "=/=" sign. He's just echoing the sentiment many of us seem to have here at ATS. Many of us do not support Israel from a political perspective, but we mean no harm toward the Jewish people. Just like how lots of us in the US hate Obummer but that doesn't mean we hate our fellow Americans.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
"Why cant we be friends, why cant we be friends..." Why does everything relating to Isreal have to dissent into an argument about the holocaust and jew bashing and nazi bashing? Does anyone remember the initial discussion posed in the thread anymore?

That being said, do the columnists in The Times have a point to their rants against Isreal? In my opinion, yes. Are they crypto nazi? No. Anti-zionist? Probably. Does what they say make a bit of difference towards anyones standing viewpoint on Isreal/jewish culture? Doubtful.
edit on 14-3-2013 by dothedew because: added note

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Thank you for clarifying that for me, seems that I completely missunderstood his point.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I'm sorry but this is hardly a threat to Israel's sovereignty, especially if you take into account the endless amount of support for the suffering of the 'Palestinians' over the years and not forgetting the attacks Israel has repelled over time. I see no falter yet.

Joseph Levine's latest oped argued that Israel has no right to exist and that history should be reversed: “I conclude, then, that the very idea of a Jewish state is undemocratic, a violation of the self-determination rights of its non-Jewish citizens, and therefore morally problematic”. The New York Times' relentless attacks could well play out in ways that indeed attempt to put an end to Israeli sovereignty.

And guess what? A lot of what he said is basically true, but if you look at the history a bit more and start to realise the hypocrisy and irony of the situation you would realise that the 'pigs have been waddling in the mud for quite a while'. phishyblankwaters hit that better than I can explain it.

What next? Another holocaust?

Really? yes there is those who deny the holocaust all together and those who deny the 'facts of the holocaust, how does this judgement of history lead to the apparant 'fact' that everyone who is Jewish should be lined up and shot? or even in this link you provided?

Do you know the history of the Holocaust? or even the history of Israel or Zionism?

so wtf is it with all the lies and hatred? I don't see the same kind of global persecution with any other religion

This ofcourse depends on where in the world you live, try here in the UK the Jews are hardly persecuted. On the other hand most if not all forms of Islam is, Global Persecution is a strong claim and I believe it is a lie, but say it is true, does that mean the rest of the world is wrong?

Personal Question

What religion do You feel is the most persecuted and attacked on ATS?
Also who do you think are the most offensive 'group' on ATS?

I know this answer from my perspective, 404'd threads and non-removed totally offensive posts adds to my theory, ohhh and some u2u's too.

Judaism, Christianic or Islamic your all brothers and sisters of the Abrahamic faith though the way you all act you might as well worship Lucifer himself

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

What next? Another holocaust? There are People who deny the holocaust ever happened. I suppose it is only a matter of time before we are all lined up and executed for our beliefs.

Talk about a hysterical overreaction...

And what the hell is a "Crypto-Nazi"?

It's not illegal to criticize Israel or any country, although perhaps you think it should be?

I've criticized Israel plenty of times and I have no problem or antagonism towards Jews.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yay, I'm from Germany - and I don't like the government of Israel or the way the Palestinians are treated.

Therefore I am a ... wait for it... Anti-Zionist.

Not an antisemitic. Not a holocaust-denier. But a critic of the way the government of Israel treats his neighbors. I do not automatically love anything jewish or israelic, as our government and our media seems to make us Germans all want to be.

I use the freedom to have my own opinion.

And the NYT does't seem to me like some "crypto-nazi-paper", thats more like "loook, another major newspaper which critizises Israel, it must be lead by NAZIs!"
Boooooooooring.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What next? Another holocaust?
There are People who deny the holocaust ever happened. I suppose it is only a matter of time before we are all lined up and executed for our beliefs.

How exactly does someone comparing Israel to South Africa relate to the holocaust? Every time something "Anti-Israeli" comes up, someone brings up the Holocaust. There is no need for it, and frankly it is a pathetic attempt to derail any conversation.

I hate to break the news to you, but Israel is very much like South Africa when it was an apartheid nation.

The definition of apartheid is as follows:

1. An official policy of racial segregation formerly practiced in the Republic of South Africa, involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against nonwhites.
2. A policy or practice of separating or segregating groups.
3. The condition of being separated from others; segregation.

So, is it your belief that modern day Israel does NOT practice this against the Palestinians? Can you honestly state that?

so wtf is it with all the lies and hatred?
I don't see the same kind of global persecution with any other religion.

I don't see a location listed on your profile so I don't know where you are from. But if your from America, surely you must be aware of the constant bashing of Islam. The media is full of it. I wonder why that is? Ever since September 11th, the American populace has had anti-Islam crammed down our throats. We have
pro-Israeli organizations posting adds that claim all Muslims want nothing but the destruction of Israel, etc. No other religious persecution? Please... I am not a big fan of any religion. I believe religion was created to control human beings. However, I believe Islam has got to be the biggest "persecuted" religion today.

Even more interesting is the phrase "Israel's Western would-be eradicators"...compound that with the Muslim Brotherhood's agenda...seems to be quite a global effort to eradicate Israel/Judaism...bit like school bullying.

The Israeli government is obviously on a quest to "eradicate" the Palestinian people. There are quotes abound by Israeli's affirming this fact. The segregation of the Palestinian people in the West Bank and Gaza is clear and concise evidence of this. If you need examples, I would be glad to provide them for you, however a simple search of the internet, or even this forum could provide you with more than enough examples.

How pathetic.

How pathetic indeed.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The whole world hates jews, therefor there must be something wrong with the whole world.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
For being "God's Chosen People" -- they sure have gone through a lot of #

I like their tactics, however. Any time anything anti-Israel (not even Jew-specific) comes up, the supporters of Israel use the victim card. It seems to work amazingly well at deflecting and derailing the discussion.

I'm going to take a lesson from Israel, play the victim card when I am confronted by other people.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Google caught in anti-Semitism flap

even Google caught out with Anti-Semitic Propaganda.

Search site Google has been drawn into a controversy during the week of Passover over a search listing that directs viewers to an anti-Semitic site when they enter the keyword "Jew."

The dispute began several weeks ago, when Steven Weinstock, a New York real estate investor and former yeshiva student, did a Google search on "Jew."

source aboven

love the strike out!!!

lmao
edit on 22-3-2013 by Thurisaz because: Google = anti Semitic

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There is a lot of history written about "Jewish exodus" from different countries throughout history since the fall of Rome. That presents a clear pattern of a "divide and conquer" tool being used over and over again.

The masses (stupid Goyum) fight amongst themselves rather than taking issue with the PTB shadow government system that enslaves them like a little dog chasing its tail. If the PTB in the middle east is a shadow than the NYTimes is a candle.

Theodor Herzl the "Visionary of the Jewish State" was the architect for the present situation in the middle east.
en.wikipedia.org...

His will *read* in 1904 stipulated that "I wish to be buried in the vault beside my father, and to lie there till the Jewish people shall take my remains to Palestine" which they did (with a little help from Richard Wagner and company).

Most people have trouble seeing the forest for the trees, its over our heads we can't handle the truth why argue?
edit on 22-3-2013 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
lmao

here is another one:

Google Replaces 'Palestinian Territories' with 'Palestine'

when are People of the World going to see what those in power are doing?

the bolean search 'hacks' and 'replacements' of words is common.

I would just like the facts, not the edited versions and the spew that is regurtitated for a 'political agenda'

I have now removed all of the propaganda .com hubs.

sana.sy...

used as an example.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join