It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan County and State Anti-Constitutional Resistance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It looks like the Macomb County Sheriff is really pro-fed and not willing to challenge the new guns laws. That's one more off the pro-constitution side of the list.

www.macombdaily.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Now that I found that Macomb County will support the Feds, the numbers have changed drastically.
The total population figures are based on county populations from the 2010 census.

Total Population of the State of Michigan = 9,883,640

Pro Constitution Counties

County Population

Allegan County 111,408
Barry County 59,173
Benzie County 17,525
Eaton County 107,759
St Joseph County 61,295
Kent County 602,622
Menominee County 24,029
Oakland County 1,202,362
Ottawa County 263,801
Tuscola County 55,729

Total: 2,505,703 (26%)

Pro-Fed Counties

County Population

Wayne County 1,820,584
Macomb County 840,978
Genesee County 425,790

Total: 3,087,352 (31%)

Decided Pop. Total: 5,593,055 (57%)

Undecided Pop. Total: 4,290,585 (43%)

Note: These figures are raw data and don't give any indication of the citizen's support of the constitution or the federal government. These figures assume 100% citizen support for each county sheriff's department decision.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The sheriffs who support federal laws and operating procedures that infringe on, or all together ignore the constitution most often claim that the legislature passed these laws, the judicial system found them to be constitutional and therefore it is their job to up hold those laws.

What these sheriffs fail to acknowledge is that we only have three branches of government, two of which make the laws. What if the judges OK an unconstitutional law that got passed by the legislature? There is only the executive branch and the people left with the obligation, their duty, to disobey those unconstitutional laws.

I'd like to see our locally elected law enforcement, who have made a pledge to the constitution, stand up for the citizens and the bill of rights. Also, I'd like to see the state do the same so we can begin to tame the federal beast.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'd just like to add a comment to bump this thread. I'll be adding more to this one over the weekend.

Cudos to anyone who may still be followings this.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
After searching under various related topics related to DHS grants and programs in Michigan, I believe that the fusion centers are the havens of Federal Policing in Michigan. Also, I have found some interesting information, a bit old, but quite illuminating.

Lansing has the main fusion center for the nation and it works with MSU that has a police anti-terror training program funded by DHS. Makes me wonder if they are on every major campus.

EAST LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State University is teaching the nation’s police how to work together to sniff out and stop terrorism – a task that has taken on special significance with the emergence of dozens of terrorism-focused “fusion centers". The centers, supported by the Department of Homeland Security, are meant to link the intelligence-gathering efforts of local, state and federal authorities.

Supported by $7.5 million in Homeland Security grants, Carter and his staff began providing intelligence training in mid-2005 and, to date, have trained more than 2,000 officers from 1,200 agencies in 43 states and three countries. As the nation’s sole provider of the training, Carter’s team instructs everyone from county sheriffs to city and tribal police to university public safety officers.

msutoday.msu.edu...

I also found a document from The United States Conference of Mayors,
"Homeland Security Monitoring Center Third Mayors’ Report to the Nation:
TRACKING FEDERAL HOMELAND SECURITY FUNDS SENT TO THE 50 STATE GOVERNMENTS"

Apparently a whole lot of cities all over the US had all kinds of complaints about how the funds were used and they had no say, take it or leave it. It has a lengthy list but the complaints were very telling. That was from 2004, however, it shows how ineffective and corrupt the system was just a few years out of the gate.

Another old report, from 2008, states that the Shelby Township (Macomb County) police department received nearly $31,000 for a "chemical detection kit" and New Baltimore (Macomb County) received nearly $12,000 for an "advanced thermal imager".

edit on 23-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey ATS, been busy and haven't done anything to update this thread. Thought I'd bump it and see if any Michiganders have more to add. Lots of good threads on ATS lately, been back to lurking mostly.

Thanks in advance.

MSB

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have an update. Alpena is another area to avoid in the shtf scenario. See this ATS thread "Attack Helicopters Buzz Reporter's House; Spetsnaz, Blacked-out DHS Vans Roam Michigan Streets,"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is an article sited.

www.alpenacrtc.ang.af.mil...

The Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center offers a multitude of training capabilities to suit any need. Our mission is to provide support, facilities, instruction and airspace to Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Coalition and Emergency Responders to meet the mission requirements of Combatant Commanders and Civil Authorities.

I like Alpena, I have fond memories there. This crap is starting to get a lot more personal for me.
edit on 24-8-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
LOL @ Adrian (lenewee County) being mentioned.

-Its one of the most totalitarian counties ion Michigan (or anywhere that I am aware of) and has been long before 9/11.

Lenewee county is often called "anyway county" since the corruption and brutal law enforcement practices and court system will get you "anyway they can"- I could write a book aboutthe place- Its that bad.

In the late (or mid) 1990s they shut down "radio free Lenewee" a radio station and if you can find articles detailing the whole affair it would chill your blood... They work (and have trained) one of the most brutal bounty hunting force in the Country which works with LE to avoid any constitutional problems (The lenewee paper has written several articles)- That place is...Bad... And has been long before 9/11- Its far worse now.

The thing about Michigan is that they like to "pick and choose"- We have "right to light legislation" which thwarts federal law about incandescent lightbulbs- Our County Workers (jackson) carry guns to work and laws have been signed to to avoid any "unconstitutional firearm laws" in my County- BUT then they turn around and use Federal law when it benefits them (hence Medical marijuana which is legal here) but they use the excuse "its illegal nder Federal law"-

The whole State is awash with people who say they "defend States rights" and "the Constitution" but ONLY for laws they agree with- Then they turn around and use Federal law to oppress the people wheneve it benefits their agenda.

EDIT- Asked if he was ever harassed for bringing the Griggs tapes public, he added:

"No, not really. I never worry about things like that. But I do know after winning a landmark federal case to stay on the air in the 1990s, the feds came down real hard one me about three months after 9/11 with another legal challenge to my station which had become wildly successful, becoming the second top rated show in the county."

Shortly, thereafter, Strawcutter was forced to take his brand of truth-telling radio of the air waves in the wake of legal roadblocks and challenges designed by the government to bankrupt his efforts.
educate-yourself.org... - From here...

Strawcutter of radio free lenewee talked about tons of national and Local issues- he exposed Judge Sheridon (spelling?) known as "The hanging Judge" in Lenelee County...This Judge used to give first time drunk drivers the max penalty (a year in prison) and would actually laugh at them- Then he was busted for drunk driving by the State Police and was quietly sentenced to a few weekends of jail in a Private cell out of State (In Toledo) and he actually kept his job during that time and continued to hand out max Prison sentences to anyone coming his way-

Its hard to find archives of the entire story of the seizure and shutdown of his radio station, but I promise you- lenewee County is not a palce that upholds the Constitution in any way, shape or form- Regardless of whether they signed some 'Firearm rights" paper or whatever they claim...

edit on 24-8-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Thanks for that candid perspective DarKPenguiN. I'll take it at face value.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
NP =)

I grew up there, out in Onsted Mi.

Back in the 1990s there was a "no hunting on Sunday" law (along with no Beer sales) and my buddies dad was a rancher who was arrested for shooting coyotes which were attacking his livestock. He was fundamental in amending that "Law" to allow using firearms to defend your chickens lol.... The Onsted Chief of Police officer malek was a cool guy though (for real- a really good guy) but the new Chief, Weibler was actually kicked from the detroit Police force for using excessive force.

That whole area is...Interesting. Good people out there but I avoid the County at all costs.

Also, someone had said there were only 26 officers there- I dont know where that information came from but its FAR higher than that- Not to mention that State and County are there as well and based in Adrian since the other towns in that area are so small that there are often no Police at all on duty.

-If I had to choose the most "Constitutional" county in Michigan, I would say Jackson ranks pretty high up there although this place is quite corrupt- Perhaps Hillasdale? All I know for certain is that I would rank Wayne at the bottom =P

EDIT- For kicks I googled "anyway Lenewee" www.facebook.com...
anywaylenaweecounty.blogspot.com...
www.freerepublic.com...

edit on 25-8-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
What is it with people like this.

They were fine when Bush was screwing America over and did not start or petition anything. Now that Obama is president...they are creating groups, signing petitions left and right..etc.

Idiots. You can only be taken seriously when everyone from both parties are held accountable. This just makes them look like sore losers.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
-Hmmm I cannot edit my last post due to 4 hours passing =/

Well, you were correct about Adrian. 27 full time police as per the new "crime statistics" released in todays paper- Thats with a 16% decrease and an increase in State Police patrols however.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. It's good to see this thread get some action again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join