It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Snails taking over!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well OP, after looking at those I think Vice President Biden may be onto something with that Shotgun for defense theory. I don't think a bullet would even bother those critters. It'd take a good 12 gauge to end that slimy menace to man and vegetation alike.

I HATE snails! Hey tho..... I suppose some copious amounts of salt...Oh nvm, even those slimy beasts don't deserve that cruelty. Shotguns are quick.
(Maybe rock salt loads? I'll compromise...)

Haha I am sure that salt would easily kill them. Lol

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Reminds me of this:

If you aren't into the music, skip to about, oh- 4:20.

-AA

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yes... But how do they taste with garlic butter? If they're edible, bring me a fork, a sauce pan, and a bib... Ill solve this problem right quick.

Realistically, unless they're inedible for some reason, I don't know why people don't just start harvesting these things. Personally... I LOVE ESCARGOT!!! These suckers look delicious.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
This looks like a job for a pot of boiling water and some garlic butter. But not before holding them in a tub somewhere and cleaning out their systems for a few days.
I have read on a couple of sites that keeping them in a tub where they only have wheat germ to eat for a week or two will make them yummy.

Their meat must be cleaner than genetically modified and cloned cows and chickens. They are so big that I'd have to cut off their heads before eating them. If people in Florida eat alligator they can eat snail.
I for one would really be interested. They are certainly 'cleaner' than any lobster, shrimp, or crab (which eat poop and detritus). In fact, I am starting to get an idea...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join