It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object In A Cave !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It is not off topic. I posted my original image and saying that the strange object is an anomaly. The rock hounds are saying everything is rocks. So to influence them I have to keep adding images to convince them.

In a court of law, you have to keep adding evidence to convict the accuser based on the original evidence.
In every court of law you get to keep adding evidence from the original source!
And everything I posted IS related to the original source. They are from mars and about mars.

The original evidence (strange object in a cave) needs back - up evidence so that the accusers understand what I am trying to lay down. I am trying to bring out other to readers here to understand that the rock hounds are not at all correct.

Moderator you not allowing me to show further evidence that what I am trying to say is true.

edit on 14-3-2013 by thetiler because: added thought

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Haters will hate.
Some people just don''t see it and say that we're crazy.
Same with art, some people see the beauty in a van Gogh and some don't.
To me the best place to proof anything is still the moon, because there is no atmosphere stuff is preserved for a long time. Apollo pictures from the surface are also excellent quality even though they are also manipulated.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
It is not off topic. I posted my original image and saying that the strange object is an anomaly. The rock hounds are saying everything is rocks. So to influence them I have to keep adding images to convince them.

In a court of law, you have to keep adding evidence to convict the accuser based on the original evidence.
In every court of law you get to keep adding evidence from the original source!
And everything I posted IS related to the original source. They are from mars and about mars.

The original evidence (strange object in a cave) needs back - up evidence so that the accusers understand what I am trying to lay down. I am trying to bring out other to readers here to understand that the rock hounds are not at all correct.

Moderator you not allowing me to show further evidence that what I am trying to say is true.

Ill agree that the last pic you posted wasnt off topic, but...
If you really want to add "evidence" try using something more than ignorance...
For example, the last pic you posted looked like it could have been one of THESE

I still think its ok for you to beleive what you will but the eyes do play tricks and to call people "rockers" because they dont agree with you is childish.

The only rocker i see here is the you fell out of....see what i did there

If you really want to convince people of what you are seeing i would suggest you gain some perspective...literally i mean figure out the size and height of the vehicle taking the picture, find out what type of device is being for the photography and you will be better equipped to judge size and distance and then you will have to eat your own words because you will see and understand better.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

I can help to give a better sense of what the size of these things are from the OP's pictures.

First, here's a link to the actual page (not just the image) that the OP got the image from:

Diversity in Vicinity of Curiosity's First Drilling Target

Second, while the OP did provide a link to one of the images on that page, they failed to give you a link that is very, very important:

Full resolution image that shows scale

*WARNING: This file is over 200 MB big. Below is a smaller, cropped version of it.

As you can see, the entire view is only a few meters wide. The "cave" is only a few meters away.....and is a very small depression in the rock.

How do I know this?

Because what the OP also failed to tell you is the back ground of these images, which they are a mosaic of many images that were taken by Curiosity on Sol 138.

With that information, you can go take a look at the original image for the "cave" at this link:

Image from Curiosity Mast Cam, Sol 138

Here is what it looks like:

So the "cave" is nothing more than several different rocks, less than a meter wide with some shadowing.....

The "Toy" is also located in the pictures of Sol 138 and if you look at the original image, it's a porous rock that measures a few centimeters.

Oh, and here is the article from my first link about the mosaic:

The right Mast Camera (Mastcam) of NASA's Curiosity Mars rover provided this contextual view of the vicinity of the location called "John Klein," selected as Curiosity's first drilling site. The distance from the camera to John Klein was about 16 feet (5 meters). The scale bar is 150 centimeters (59 inches) long. This mosaic was assembled from images acquired on Sol (or Martian day) 138 between 8:30 and 9:25 in the morning, local Mars solar time (on Dec. 25, 2012). It illustrates the diversity of rock types from which the rover team could choose to sample. The enlargements of rocks seen on the right, and denoted by letters and boxes within the left image, represent this diversity. Each box is about 9 inches (22 centimeters) square. Enlargement A shows a "bread-crusted" rock, whose surface is fractured in a polygonal pattern. This generally reflects a differential change in volume of a rock, with the outer part expanded relative to the interior. Enlargement B is representative of the material that will be sampled at the John Klein site, showing both light-toned veins and dark spots that show the relief of concretions. Enlargement C shows an exotic black rock that is similar in shape to more distant, dark rocks found higher in the local stratigraphy. That rock was probably emplaced here as part of material ejected by a crater-excavating impact. The image has been white-balanced to show what the rocks would look like if they were on Earth.

It helps to actually have all the information and to actually do some RESEARCH before making wild claims about things. Especially since others on here WILL go do that research and find what has been left out of a thread's OP.......

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Excellent work!

That also gives perspective on the A,B and C rocks in the OP's linked photo as being possible test subjects, ty for your time.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Wild claims , nothing could be further from the truth, the strange object speaks for itself. If you want to be in denial that is ok with me

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

Except their is no cave and your weird object is a rock in close proximity to other rocks.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Another reason why it is so very important to take a look at the original captured images is because of photo manipulation.

In the article from the photojournal, JPL says:

The image has been white-balanced to show what the rocks would look like if they were on Earth.

Of course when they do this, they affect the color balance of the entire picture, and things like shadows can become much darker, actually obscuring details.

Take a look at the triangular hole between the two large rocks in this picture that has been photo manipulated by JPL:

Now take a look at the same area, only from the original RAW picture from Curiosity:

You can actually see in between the rocks now, and notice that a lot of detail in the shadows went away because the photo was manipulated and color balanced.

So again, that's why it's so important to use the original images if possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pinobot
. Apollo pictures from the surface are also excellent quality even though they are also manipulated.

Another one on here that quotes from the conspiracy cliche handbook, If you think that post an image start a thread but make sure it's not been done before.

Tells us why you think its manipulated and lets see what happens or are you just another one on here that makes claims they wont make an effort to back.

Please keep in mind this site has many members that are pro,semi-pro and long time amateur photographers

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Please keep in mind this site has many members that are pro,semi-pro and long time amateur photographers

I'm not afraid of photographers.

You pick the photo and i'll tell you what's on it.
edit on 15/3/2013 by pinobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Your the one making the manipulation claims so it's up to you not me!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Great!

Can you tell me what is in this photo?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Can you tell me what is in this photo?

Ha ha! I remember this one.
I will not spoil it.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Can you direct me to the original, i think this is a photo of earth.
Not that things can't be seen on earth photo's, i believe all planets are somehow engineered.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Can you direct me to the original, i think this is a photo of earth.
Not that things can't be seen on earth photo's, i believe all planets are somehow engineered.

That is the original, taken by me, here on Earth.

I have a 2nd photo that I took, in color and sharper detail. But, as with all over zoomed, blurry photo's that people use to identify "objects" that they found, the first photo was taken to look just like the ones produced on here (minus the color).

So tell me, what do you see in it?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

Here are some more goodies

edit on 14-3-2013 by thetiler because: spelling

Look down and in the middle, Make sure you "+" the pic !
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Two very very small rocks in a gap between two larger rocks

Quick call the press !

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
www.jesseventura.net...

The fight only has just begun !

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

While I find Jesse Ventura interesting, I'm afraid I'm missing something here.

What does your link have to do with your "Cave" that you think you found on Mars?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join