It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Evening -and Local SWAT incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hello everyone-- I've had my account here since 2010 (after the Deep Horizon Oil spill), and I thought I'd posted before, but apparently not enough!

I've been reading this site for a long time now, and one of the things I've taken note of is the many posts that describe the way LEOs are targeting Consitutionalists, etc, and/or using more firepower than necessary. This is one of those things that I thought, "Oh, that's probably just an exaggeration," but as of last weekend, I've seen it happen in my dinky little town.

Last weekend, some local LEOs were serving two felony warrants on 54 year-old Jeffrey Wright, who was a self-proclaimed Sovereign. According to one article I read, (which I can't find now), from previous dealings with Mr. Wright, they knew of his philosophy of Sovereignty, and sent extra men to serve the warrant. One thing led to another, and Mr. Wright ended up dead.

www.pnj.c om

Fox10news.com

This situation went from a few officers trying to serve a warrant, to having a whole area, equivalent of a neighborhood block, cordoned off, swarming with deputies, plain-clothes officers, K-9 dogs, and the SWAT team. I observed at least 12 cars on the side of the neighborhood that I could view, and that wasn't even in view of the Mr. Wright's house, which was around the corner and about 3 houses down. According to the news reports, the three SWAT deputies simultaneously opened fire on Mr Wright as he supposedly pointed something that looked like a gun at them. Only those three SWAT guys will know what really happened, and I'm sure their story will be exactly the same.

So, for those who may think these occurances are exaggerated, you may want to think again.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blowinbubblz

This doenst surprise me.

In the past there were incidents like Waco and Ruby Ridge. Legends like William Cooper were killed at his own home.

But IMHO, this is something more deliberate, a clear message to the slaves:

"do not attempt to exert your independence or freedom in opposition to the State".

Especially in light of everything thats happening today.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I will agree to the "overboard" claim with the amount of force brought to his house; however, if he actually did flee with a gun, fire a shot first, and then subsequently raise the gun at the deputies . . . that's why he was killed.

However, how could you not think the worst when a small army shows up at your house . . . unless there was also more to the counterfeiting charges, like associations to larger fish?

It's not like they just showed up because someone thought he was a "threat" . . . he was facing criminal charges already.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
True, I've been trying to play the devil's advocate here and look at all sides. But it's happening all too much the days that things are taken too far. This guy was well-liked by all and had never had issues before. He started having health problems including a stroke, which is when things started going downhill. And it culminated in him being blasted simultaneously by three SWAT members.

I recently had a conversation with a local attorney from an adjacent county. He told me, "I don't know why you people in Santa Rosa county put up with Wendell Hall [the sheriff] He lets his deputies run all over the place, and then backs them up no matter what they do." Our sheriff department doesn't have a very good reputation, and unfortunately, he was just re-elected. It seems like people these days are too accepting of these methods, as long as it doesn't affect them. Very frustrating.

And now that I think about it, why can't LEOs just use a tranquilizer gun a-la Wild Animal Kingdom, drop the suspect that way, and get him the help he needs? Because, we are being sent a message and getting put in our place.

reply to post by solomons path

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Again, if he actually discharged a firearm when deputies tried to apprehend . . . they have every right to defend their lives, as anyone else.

Would they have used tazers or nothing at all, if he didn't?

I guess it comes down to . . . do you believe the story as reported or do you think the homeowner simply opened the door ran away and was executed?

I would also like to know what is entailed in the counterfeiting charges.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
All these incidents of swat teams offing people like this makes me wonder if these guy's are really "real" cops sometimes. I go to this website called policeone and you can only post if your a sworn leo (and they actually check with your dept) and ALL of them under the comments of gun control agree that we should own firearms. So where are these murderous groups coming from... Or they are real but hand selected to perform these roles.

Gs

top topics

join