It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Tribulation to begin sometime shortly after March 20th 2013?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

The Temple was free standing . Jesus was talking about the Temple would be destroyed . They did destroy the Temple in hopes of destroying the Jews hope .

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

The approaches still exist - the Huldah Gates (en.wikipedia.org...) and the steps leading to them are still there. Don't forget that the Second Temple was a huge complex.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

There was more than one building included in the prophecy.

Matthew 24:1-2 (KJV)
And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I hate to believe that you can't see what Jesus was saying. The Temple was totally destroyed and the artifacts and scrolls were stolen . The Temple was utterly destroyed but the lesson was that Jesus is the New Temple that will be in heaven. He was to be raised up in 3 days was the real lesson . As an Atheist I wonder why you are here in this discussion ? Just wondering ?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The Temple was destroyed totally in 70 AD . That is not the moral of the story Jesus was relating to us though .He would be raised up on the 3rd day . All of the artifacts was looted and the Romans effectively expunged the Jewish Culture from Palestine as a matter of revenge.

I have a curiosity about what in your Christian life hinges on the 70th week being fulfilled . As a Christian you will not replace the Jews , and God has not cast them away . We are grafted into the vine . They are the natural branches .

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

I hate to believe that you can't see what Jesus was saying. The Temple was totally destroyed and the artifacts and scrolls were stolen . The Temple was utterly destroyed but the lesson was that Jesus is the New Temple that will be in heaven. He was to be raised up in 3 days was the real lesson . As an Atheist I wonder why you are here in this discussion ? Just wondering ?

Not all of the buildings have been completely destroyed yet as Jesus prophesied.

The bodies of Christians are now the temple of the Holy Spirit and Jesus is a more perfect sacrifice than that of animals. Any attempt to rebuild the temple and return to animal sacrifice will result in God becoming angry and eventually destroying the buildings completely. The Talmudic Jews are not the chosen of God. They are the cursed of God.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The natural branches that remain in the olive tree are Christians who are Jewish by birth. All natural branches who reject the salvation of the Messieh are cut off and replaced by Gentiles who convert to Christian Judaism.

Salvation is through Christ only.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Oh I see . See ya !

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Oh I see . See ya !

BTW, Matthew Henry, in his commentary, also says that the 70 weeks of Daniel is messianic and is past.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Who is he that he knows more than anyone else . I have his book and he is as evasive on some things as he is opinionated on others .

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So I watched the whole video, yes nearly 2 hours worth and paid attention to all of it. Without getting into it too much, I feel a lot of the information was based off assumptions, and assumptions from there etc, reminds me of the Camping prophecies and fails. I do believe in the 70 week prophecy of Daniel to a degree, but I look at it within an almost 70 year window meaning we possibly could say the "end times" will happen within a 70 year window, but to be honest I don't know enough about it to make an accurate statement.

Where I lost credibility with the speaker is at the end when he said "even though the Bible says no man knows the day or the hour, I think that is incorrect." That to me seemed to contradict the word of God and instantly put him into a Camping box. I understand his reasons, but there is something very red flaggish about picking a date like that. I think the video was a good introduction to Daniel's 70 week prophecy and ha some interesting points, but I do not feel it is accurate. If your asking for my opinion, I don't feel the end times will be within our lifetime, I think it will be within the next hundred years or so, definitely within this milennia at the greatest, but surely not fall of 2016 as the video says. But who knows.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Who is he that he knows more than anyone else . I have his book and he is as evasive on some things as he is opinionated on others .

It appears that he knows more than many on this board. The future 70th week teaching has only been around since the 1800's and only popular since the 1900's, just like the pre-trib rapture.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Start Date 03/29/13 @11:50AM earth hours....

We are experiancing dubious intentions and scandolous actions from the worlds elite...

No.... Stopping... Them..... In ..... Site....

Only prophecies that are re-gurgitated into a different format and a few weeks after another prophesy has ended will another prophecy be told.....

God... would be only merciful to end this debacle.... Though he seems to be enjoying us squable and squirm~

I.... Can't.... Take... It.... ANYMORE~

Sulaw~ Out..... Happy Easter and Pagan Holiday to all~

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Happy Easter and Pagan Holiday to all~

Real Christians do not celebrate pagan holidays.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I suppose you are a Pretribulation Rapture believer . I am not .The scripture does not support Pretrib . But it does explain mid trib .

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I suppose you are a Pretribulation Rapture believer . I am not .The scripture does not support Pretrib . But it does explain mid trib .

No, I teach post-trib.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well I don't believe in the Christian Mythos... so I'm safe. At least on this tribulation.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

When the Biblical Great Tribulation and coming of the Lord becomes reality I hope you can bend over and kiss you butt goodbye . I guess some people haven't lived long enough to know that whats happening in the world today is not normal . The Global money situation and the things that are going on today are not right . And it's not a new norm either .
We are leading up to the tribulation. The Bible prophecy is literally fulfilling it's self today .

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Well I don't believe in the Christian Mythos... so I'm safe. At least on this tribulation.

Sounds like you are less safe than you think.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

We really do not know if a treaty has not already been signed. Obama won the nobel peace prize in 2009, which many people thought a little strange given all of the military action by the US. What if Obama was instrumental in some kind of middle east peace agreement behind closed doors precisely three and a half years prior to 21/3/2013 so they award him the nobel peace prize?

www.nobelprize.org...

At the same time and place that he receives the award we get this little sign in the night sky above Norway:

The media tries to explain it away as a failed missile test...

All of the rhetoric about Iran is simply that... just rhetoric.

Just throwing it out there.

Just a minor quibble. To clarify things about Obama and the Peace Prize, seeing conflicting days. He was awarded it on Oct. 9, 2009 (add 1260 to get Mar. 22, 2013). He received it at the award ceremony on Dec. 10, 2009 in Oslo, Norway the day after the Norway Spiral, the night of Dec. 9, 2009. (The wise men followed the star to the prince of peace to give him gifts of gold medal, (frankincense and myhrr). So, one could say the "peace covenant" was "confirmed" (an existing covenant reaffirmed) on Dec. 9/10, 2009. Add 1260 to get May 21, 2013.

@OP
Glad you make the distinction for people about the tribulation and the wrath of God.

This is something I had a hard time understanding myself until recently. There are 4 cycles of Revelation, 4 "woes", 1 unspoken woe for the 7 seals (our current timeframe), then Trumpet 5/ 1st woe, then Trumpet 6/ 2nd woe, then Trumpet 7/ the 3rd woe (aka the 7 bowls of wrath.

prophecyandritual.blogspot.com...

These last 3 trumpets are the full tribulation, as people understand it (the prior 4 refer actually refer to end time characters as I show above - basically, it goes 1,2,3,4, unspoken woe; 1,2,3,4, woe 1; 1,2,3,4, woe 2; 1,2,3,4, woe 3). 5 months, then 1260 days, then 1260 days. So, 1st there is a 5 month period, then the 6th Trumpet, when the 3rd Temple is started with sacrifices (the Tribulation), then 7th Trumpet (7 bowls of wrath).

At the end of the 6th Trumpet timeframe (Rosh Hashanah, when Jesus returns 2017), good Christians (5 wise virgins) are gathered to the Lord. But! He doesn't take dominion of the world yet. Basically, the last 2 antichrists (AC plus FP) (there's a total of 8 antichrists see Rev. 17:11) exist so as to test the 7th church (all numbers correspond to each other's number in Revelation), the lukewarm Laodiceans who claim to be Christians but are not really. The last antichrist is a worthless shepherd so as to punish the 5 foolish virgins and chasten them until they repent so as to be forgiven and made to realize that they should leave the mark of the beast system (think Brave New World, Indians are Christians and the controlled people in the system are Laodiceans.)

The reason things don't seem to be shaping up so much for this Passover, aside from Obama's major ritual this year is that there is an offset of a year (the Day of the Lord) going to the next Passover. I'm definitely on board with the "Daniel's timeline" but I think the seals start 3-21-13 and then tribulation starting 4-15-14 (and Trumpets 1-5 starting 5 months earlier at 11-16-13).

One worrisome aspect of this Daniel's timeline is that it doesn't address the fact that there is 1 more set of antichrists (AC and FP - Prince William and Harry) to come to test the Laodicean church, the 5 foolish virgins who were not gathered with the Lord at the end of the 6th Trumpet Rosh Hashanah 2017 timeframe. It makes me think that this is the reason for this "Daniel timeline" to be relatively widespread in videos and such.

Today's the day. Let's see what happens.
edit on 5/21/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join