It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of Children From Around the World With Their Most Prized Possessions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is a wonderful photoshoot of children from around the world with their most prized possessions.

Galimberti explores the universality of being a kid amidst the diversity of the countless corners of the world; saying, “at their age, they are pretty all much the same; they just want to play.” But it’s how they play that seemed to differ from country to country. Galimberti found that children in richer countries were more possessive with their toys and that it took time before they allowed him to play with them (which is what he would do pre-shoot before arranging the toys), whereas in poorer countries he found it much easier to quickly interact, even if there were just two or three toys between them.

SEE ALL OF THEM HERE

Did you have a prized possession when you were a child? I wish I could remember mine, I don't remember anything before age 7. I don't even think I have any childhood pics.
Funny how these photos triggered something introspective in me.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Mine?

Pudding cups and dust bunnies...

And now? Nothing changed...

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Where the Hell did those kids in Zanzibar get a complete Skeletor? I didn't even have that!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thank you for this, I loved the photos (wish there would have been even more on the other site though, the world is SO much bigger!) It is interesting to think back and wonder what my most precious posession was when I was little - probably my little collection of fairy tale and children's story audio tapes. I used to play them 24/7 so even years later I still knew them by heart. And my doll. And the little box with all the tiny things inside that I called secret treasures ... man, those early childhood moments were nice.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My Voltron, Mask, and He-man toys....

Skeletor's, rideable, purple cat felt like it had real fur!!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
wow this is really neat! it so makes me want to send some toys to those poor third world kids. the boy from Ukraine looks like and interesting child. and the twins from Zanzibar have a Skeletor! YES!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Just goes to show that no matter what part of the world they are from- kids prize their favorite toys above all other things. Makes me want to take pictures of my grandgirl with her Ninja Turtle figurines!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'd watch out for this kid...

Just what the hell is HE going to be when he grows up?

For me, different things at different times of course....

For the most part though...probably that 12" Bionic Man. He had removable panels where you could see the bionics, you could look through the back of his head, and it looked like bionic vision, etc. (and I had a mega-tv crush on the Bionic Woman)....

I also loved my GI Joes though (4" ones) and vehicles....and of course, Legos.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

LEO, Armed Forces or some other violent occupation?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The first one is soooooo cute and sweet, awww she only has 3 toys, look how spoilt the others are. I wish I could take the first one to Toys R Us on a big shopping spree!!!! Who's with me!
edit on 14-3-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join