It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does it become Reverse Racism?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well at least being a half-breed isn't as bad as it uses to be. Though I'm still hated by every racial based group that I know of.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it is only in modern times that irish americans have been treated as white. Sweet just in time to pay for englands mistakes, how nice of them.

I wader what it is like to come from a people that were privileged, I guess maybe the next round will be our turn, if there are any of us left in a few hundred years.

What strikes me as funny is that I never knew it was the english that started the black slave trade, I was always under the assumption it was the Dutch???

edit on 14-3-2013 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

You're wrong, It was the Arabs and the Africans that started the slave trade. Selling of slaves was going on long before the first white person stepped foot in Africa.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Ok, now you're playing semantics. Nowadays the label "racist" is soo convoluted and over used now a days we can lump it together with prejudice. In fact, one breeds the other and so forth. So, for the sake of argument any time the word racist is used then we can also assume prejudice.

Do you agree with whites having to wear bracelets for part of the white privilege whatever?
If so, then how do you feel about blacks wearing bracelets because (like every other race on the planet) they were made slaves.

edit on 14-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
And things that happened 100 years ago are VERY relevant to today. Just ask the Native Americans.

I am Native American and I don't see the world through hate filled eyes. I also don't ask a people that had no control over their ancestors actions to pay reparations or feel guilty about who they are.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Neither do the Jews.
I just had to put that in there to reinforce your statement.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Wth you talking about? are you telling me what an ancestor did, did not benefit person living now?

You telling me, black parents being killed for knowing how to read did not play a role in their great grand sons attitude today?

if my grandma was retarded and poor you think my mom would be growing up in a nice and warm environment? and her son would be well off? compared to a non retarded, non poor person?

Advancement is a small step in each generation. Next generation would do one thing better to their kids that they didn't have privilege. for example, i had to pay for my tuition when i was doing my bachelors, so i had a part time work through my entire 4 yrs, my goal for my kids is for them to study without working.

Yes treatment of ancestors does EFFECT today's SOCIETY and CULTURE and ATTITUDE. Some people BENEFIT and some SUFFER from the results of history, it could be a simple thing that you take granted for each passing day because you never had to think about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here I am, asking everybody to please shut the f(lalalalalaa)k up about what race they are. Because, honestly, I hate you all. Seriously, I do. I hate white people, black people, the other races whatever they are called. Really. You all suck.

Sorry kids. Tough break. Maybe next life, you know, you will come back as an entity that doesn't feel the need to define its cultural experience by what color their skin is. Until then, you are ALL inferior.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by SpaDe_

Wth you talking about? are you telling me what an ancestor did, did not benefit person living now?

You telling me, black parents being killed for knowing how to read did not play a role in their great grand sons attitude today?

if my grandma was retarded and poor you think my mom would be growing up in a nice and warm environment? and her son would be well off? compared to a non retarded, non poor person?

Advancement is a small step in each generation. Next generation would do one thing better to their kids that they didn't have privilege. for example, i had to pay for my tuition when i was doing my bachelors, so i had a part time work through my entire 4 yrs, my goal for my kids is for them to study without working.

Yes treatment of ancestors does EFFECT today's SOCIETY and CULTURE and ATTITUDE. Some people BENEFIT and some SUFFER from the results of history, it could be a simple thing that you take granted for each passing day because you never had to think about it.

You know, my mom is technically Russian royalty. And so, in the space of a single generation, things went from awesome to crappy, for my family. I freaking promise you, I have *never* felt ANY kind of benefit due to who my ancestors were. Lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
Well at least being a half-breed isn't as bad as it uses to be. Though I'm still hated by every racial based group that I know of.
I happen to be black,Cherokee, and I have white blood also. I'm a black guy though, so go figure. In my ideal world, color would not be a factor, but in the real world, unfortunately, it is. I don't know where all of this animosity towards me is coming from. I'm merely stating that black people lack the power to exert racism. It's not that hard to grasp the fact that in the grand scheme of things, black people simply cannot make things difficult for anyone not black. It's a fact that regardless of a figurehead, ''black'' ppresident, black people don't control squat. Are some black people prejudiced or bigoted? Certainly. Racist though? Can't be
racist because within racism is the superiority thing, and the ability to make things very difficult for the minority.Semantics my ass, that's a fact. Black people don't wield that power, never have and never will.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I think what you are trying to say is, being a racist without superiority is not that effective as being racist with power.

Its like a fat girl calling an hot girl ugly. Nothing big happens but if a hot girl calls an ugly girl ugly...shtz gonna fly!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it is only in modern times that irish americans have been treated as white. Sweet just in time to pay for englands mistakes, how nice of them.

I wader what it is like to come from a people that were privileged, I guess maybe the next round will be our turn, if there are any of us left in a few hundred years.

What strikes me as funny is that I never knew it was the english that started the black slave trade, I was always under the assumption it was the Dutch???

edit on 14-3-2013 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

You're wrong, It was the Arabs and the Africans that started the slave trade. Selling of slaves was going on long before the first white person stepped foot in Africa.
And those same Africans that sold their prisoners of war to white people found their happy asses in the same predicament. Don't act like black people enslaved themselves, but if that makes you feel like slavery was justified, you run with that, champ.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey guys.. I know topics tend to wander over the hills and through the woods on ATS. It's part of what gives it it's real charm. The woods are normally nearby tho. I wonder if the topic isn't getting a bit lost for the back and forth?

(I usually don't say a word....but I found myself having to look up and make sure I was still on a thread I'd started... err...
)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by SpaDe_

Did you even read what I posted?

I am Native American and I don't see the world through hate filled eyes. I also don't ask a people that had no control over their ancestors actions to pay reparations or feel guilty about who they are.

Tell me how you came up with that convoluted response from what I said?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hey guys.. I know topics tend to wander over the hills and through the woods on ATS. It's part of what gives it it's real charm. The woods are normally nearby tho. I wonder if the topic isn't getting a bit lost for the back and forth?

(I usually don't say a word....but I found myself having to look up and make sure I was still on a thread I'd started... err...
)
Sorry about that Wrabbit. My apologies.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

)

Let's take a breather here.....maybe re-read the OP...and remember...

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

Closed temporarily for a cooling off/return to topic ....

After a review of the thread...thread closed.....

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
edit on Thu Mar 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join