Whistle-blower says VA ignored data that could have helped suicidal, sick veterans

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Whistle-blower says VA ignored data that could have helped suicidal, sick veterans

www.foxnews. com

What particularly distressed Coughlin, though, was the VA's lack of action regarding veterans who had indicated on study questionnaires that they were considering suicide. Two-thousand respondents said that they felt "they would be better off dead." According to Coughlin, in 95 percent of those cases, the VA did nothing to follow up. While the VA says it has no evidence that any study participants subsequently committed suicide, Coughlin is certain that people did take their lives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
22 veterans commit suicide each day: VA report
6000 Veterans Commited Suicide Last Year!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
After growing up as a military brat and then enlisting myself, this has been one conspiracy that as far as I am concerned is right out in the open. And nobody does anything until the death toll made it fiscally easy.

Of course I didn’t open my eyes to this until about 15-18 years ago. But since then, I have banged the drum.

What initially opened my eyes was how those who were exposed to Agent Orange were treated. They were brushed off until a large portion had died. At which point, the VA then says, “Hmmm, maybe there is something there after all, we need to do further studies.” And of course, more Vets die in the meantime.

The Atomic tests, Agent Orange, PTSD, Gulf War Syndrome, Burn Pit lung, etc, etc. All have been blown off. Studies that have verified these culprits are buried and those who have conducted them have been ostracized.

Why? Because it’s expensive. Nothing more, nothing less.

In the civilian world, the people can sue quite easily.

It’s not so easy to do so for a Vet. The process if it even takes off, takes quite a lot longer.

That’s just the way the game is set up.

www.foxnews. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Another link concerning wait times.
www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 13-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: added line

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I know I am so weary of it all. It seems when the numbers go down (loss of WW2 Vets to old age) and the "business pool" needs to be kept at about the same level they start to acknowledge what they denied (Agent Orange & Gulf War Illness) to keep the numbers status quo so they can run their big agency.
Have you been in a VA lately? A big one? The demographics are changing. Less and Less of the old guys - more and more of my peers - (Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Afghanistan) I sincerely think the number of rated and compensated Veterans is a numbers game.
Some how I was really lucky (or was I?) they disabled me with the Anthrax vaccine - but they didn't deny it. As unbelievable as it sounds I even have a letter from Uncle Sam that acknowledges responsibility! Doesn't make up for the lost quality of my life - but at least they are not denying me.
edit on 13-3-2013 by LittleBirdSaid because: add too

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBirdSaid

I've been to the Wade Park facility (It's actually pretty nice) and you are correct. It's pretty depressing though.

Many Veterans volunteers giving their time to help out the WW2, Korean and Vietnam Vets. All of them knowing that their time will come soon enough as well.

Many of the volunteers are also disabled as well, but are more mobile than others, so they help where they can.

It brings a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
all VA benefits are CANCELLED!

of course, gradually so theres no finger pointing at fed for all the other cutoffs ie tuition assist.

top topics

join