It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia just discovered trillions of dollars worth of oil in outback!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by majormarco01

BHP is a little different beast, I've seen that company make some odd moves in the oil industry as well, spilling money into projects that are seemingly worthless or overrated, just to abandon them or sell them off before real production begins. I'm not sure if it's just an eccentric way of doing business or what. They are into oil too but not at nearly the level that Shell/Chevron/Exxon/BP, they do much more in mining. I can tell you one thing that I'm fairly certain on, the beasts in the oil market are more voracious and calculated. When they sniff out oil they will go for it, there's no dumping millions into research just to pull out. It will be a feeding frenzy once the first well draws blood. I'm speaking from experience that I've gained in working for and dealing with oil & gas companies. They certainly are not BHP. I admit that I'm not sure of the policies about drilling in Austrailia or the current status of drilling so I'll do some research in the near future and report my findings. I won't even bother to reiterate how much Austrailia WILL NOT be invaded militarily, but it seems to be a common answer, I have yet to see anyone provide any foundation for it though.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxKINGFSUxx
reply to post by Akragon

All our guns were confiscated after the Port Aurthur massacre/ false flag. I guess we could set the bikies onto them they still manage to have guns

OMG.. GImme a break, False Flag...

Whahahahha, you's tinfoil brigaders are too funny.

Arthur Bryant was a loon who just went off. HE wasn't an agent or sleeper or anything ellse sinister. He was just a inbred, drugF*&#d, lunatic, like the rest of his family.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Haven't heard those ad's ( I'm mid nth. coast nsw ) but ... really ! That is just wrong.

Like this ...

Sounds good eh !?

edit on 15-3-2013 by Timely because: Fracking Hell !!!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
They knew there was oil there about this 20 years ago, I remember someone telling me this.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevens8
They knew there was oil there about this 20 years ago, I remember someone telling me this.

They did not have the tech. back then to capitalise on the finds.

They did however mark these finds for future reference.

We now have the tech.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
How long for it's declared a dictatorship and nations start throwing troops that way to liberate the poor, downtrodden Australian people

Be interesting to see where Fox News goes with this. Any other country and i bet Murdoch would be laying the ground for invasion, but Australia's his birthplace....

(i do say all of that with some in jest, but not as much jest as i'd like... It's a crazy world)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Same as others - Be ready for USA invasion.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

"It" will have to be declared a republic first and foremost.

Since Sacha Baron Cohen is "the dictator" and married to an Aussie ...

He would be the logical choice, no ?

Bring it.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I think Australia's safe from America's efforts to bomb us with Democracy..

I mean jee's, they gotta locate us on the map first... so relax! we got decades yet!

edit on 15-3-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If anyone is stupid enough to invade Australia they`ll be history! Only Aussie`s know how to deal with our deadly Drop Bears.

But if you must, we have friendlier creatures you`ll enjoy...

come to australia you might accidentally get killed

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Actually we have an election due in september.

Do you think there would be time to orchestrate and lobby ....

" The digger's - oil's good, shale be right mate party " ?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
Actually we have an election due in september.

Do you think there would be time to orchestrate and lobby ....

" The digger's - oil's good, shale be right mate party " ?

Anyone but Abbott.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
reply to post by McGinty

"It" will have to be declared a republic first and foremost.

Since Sacha Baron Cohen is "the dictator" and married to an Aussie ...

He would be the logical choice, no ?

Bring it.

I imagine Murdoch's people are already on the phone to Cohen's people

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What is gasoline worth per gallon in the US? We pay $1.50 a litre here. That would make gasoline $5.70 a gallon.

We get taxed 3 times on gas. State tax, federal tax and GST. Not to mention some of the planet saving carbon tax as well

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tbarmain
What is gasoline worth per gallon in the US? We pay $1.50 a litre here. That would make gasoline $5.70 a gallon.

We get taxed 3 times on gas. State tax, federal tax and GST. Not to mention some of the planet saving carbon tax as well
I pay about 3.75 USD per 1 US Gallon (if you're in australia then it would be 4.5 litre).

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

What a wonderful find, now we can rape, pillage, plunder and despoil australia too.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Who wants to make a wager with me? I wager that within 5-10 years the U.N. finds evidence of weapons of mass destruction or weapons grade uranium being enriched cloak and dagger style in the Australian outback!!!

*giggle*

Honestly people 7 pages of this and its still not getting old I think we should shift the discussion towards what the outcomes would be for this area if there is a huge boom of sorts and what would happen to the Awesomeness of this underground getaway.....I seriously haven't seen but one comment on here that actually talks about the area and how cool it actually is I mean wow I get it the US loves oil, but can we cut out all the ignant posts like i said in the OP.Thank you it was funny at first but now its annoying.

well dont read it then, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and on a serious note, everyone knows the war in Iraq was a farce to gain control of their oil, so why not in this situation, just a bit of speculation, like I said, dont read it, nobodies forcing you to, and on a lighter note, dont take everything so seriously man, I think its quite an amiable discussion for once, nobody mud slinging or calling others out....dont you think?

PEACE OUT!!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho

Who wants to make a wager with me? I wager that within 5-10 years the U.N. finds evidence of weapons of mass destruction or weapons grade uranium being enriched cloak and dagger style in the Australian outback!!!

*giggle*

Honestly people 7 pages of this and its still not getting old I think we should shift the discussion towards what the outcomes would be for this area if there is a huge boom of sorts and what would happen to the Awesomeness of this underground getaway.....I seriously haven't seen but one comment on here that actually talks about the area and how cool it actually is I mean wow I get it the US loves oil, but can we cut out all the ignant posts like i said in the OP.Thank you it was funny at first but now its annoying.

well dont read it then, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and on a serious note, everyone knows the war in Iraq was a farce to gain control of their oil, so why not in this situation, just a bit of speculation, like I said, dont read it, nobodies forcing you to, and on a lighter note, dont take everything so seriously man, I think its quite an amiable discussion for once, nobody mud slinging or calling others out....dont you think?

Agreed but on a serious note I would have enjoyed a conversation that was a lil less one sided and hardly anyone put any effort in to actually discussing the topic except for AMERICA!!! war dums BUM BUM BUM! This thread wasn't intended as a joke and I feel as if it was. However I do enjoy a good laugh but it kinda got old after page 5. So there

PEACE OUT!!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yes, shale oil.

We have an estimated $1.5trillion worth just in the tiny island of Britain - which of course makes all Australia's worthless to us! We simply don't need it. I suspect many other nations are in a similar boat

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Whether we should push for extration is a completely different matter

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join