It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia just discovered trillions of dollars worth of oil in outback!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Absolutely and can vouch for your mates experience in building homes for aborigines,we built brand new groups of homes up north that were trashed within weeks,if the average Aussie saw what was happening to their tax dollars there`d be outrage.

We are talking about Coober Pedi in this thread though and I highly doubt anyone would live there if not for the opals,as far as the land goes any man made influence there would have to be a benifet short of a nuclear blast.

I also agree with bigfatfurrytexan,relax we will not be invaded as other countries has been by the US we are already their lapdog.

We`ve been pulled along in a carriage a few back from the engine of the NWO train for many a year.

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

Australia doesn't have the balls to say no to Warmongering America....

Unless Ann Bressington Punches Julia Gillard in the face and steals her seat (I wish that would happen)

Here here,to anyone who punchs Gillard in the face and steals her seat,I bet thats one heck of a seat!

“You’ve got a big arse Julia. Just get on with it.”

Butt I think thats the best thing she has going for her,butt thats just imo. I like big ...........

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

I feel for you man. NZ also has no balls. Gave NZ to a Free Mason Banker John Key

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
If america invaded for the oil, wouldn't everyone destroy America? Moral and Resources would be involved so it's not as if it's impossible. WW III? Or am I looking into it too much or just have an uneducated mind?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Hope the Chinese don't own a portion of the land, they've been buying up left, right and center in S.A and W.A.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

That is a very intelligent use of a 'hole in the ground' well done Oz.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
To all those saying that America will invade and grab the oil and to attend to our guns.....

....might I remind these people that the discovery is in the middle of the Australian desert? One of the most inhospitable places on the planet! Who needs guns when our sunshine will cook them alive? And if the sun doesn't get them, one of our trillion or so deadly critters will finish the job I'm sure

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

My best friend of 25yrs worked in housing development for Aboriginal communities. He was one of the labourers who would travel to these remote regions and build brand new 3bdrm homes for aboriginal communities. He would go there once a year to build new homes. You know what they do with these brand new, tax payer funded homes?

1. Rip up the floors to use as firewood
2. Tear down the walls and graffiti them
3. Have bonfires and 'gatherings' in the lounge rooms

It's sad but true.My former neighbour used to do the same job. He's shown me photos of the damage done, and some of the houses have been nearly been reduced to the basic framework.

Not to mention the cars. He said there were dilapidated cars wherever he went, and according to him, they get grants for cars. And once the fuel runs out, they just leave the car where it is to rust.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

strewth! i like your conspiratorial thinking on this, no doubt oz can expect the $3bil military aid i saw mentioned on here a couple of days ago (did not have a chance to read that thread, yet)..
too many interesting things to read tonight, so i just skimmed so far, gonna have to come back to this later, but SnF well deserved.

i wonder if whatever tribe of locals that live in the area can expect any consideration in this matter? daft question i expect

Did the American Indians?
Well, when Good Ol' Unca Sam comes a knockin, our Aborigines won't either....
Suffice to say, i expect to see an influx of devalued US coinage hit our shores soon...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
looks like oz just got added to amerikas list of places to invade ....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I really don't know who is more happy . Australian people or multinational corporations

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Don't you worry, this is the first place I heard about this and I'm sure a lot of Australians would not know about it either.
edit on 14-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The Bunyip aint' going to be real happy about this.

There will be revenge!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This just in, Australia might be hiding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and their Prime Minister is an dictator, we have to go in and free them!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I love the timing of the announcement. Right when the US involvement in the middle east is (supposedly) winding down. now - presto! - theres tons of oil "just now discovered" in australia. And right on the heals of N. Korea's "threats" of nukes.
Your next vacation destination, US troops - aussie outback.
The next act in this ongoing global theatrical is about to begin. Get your popcorn, intermission is almost over.
The sad thing is - like in the amazon, then the middle east and now australia - corporations will reap the benefits while natives get nothing.
ps - dont expect gas prices to go down. Wouldnt be surprised if MSM doesnt even mention this discovery more than once, if at all. Or simply distort the facts i.e. its expensive to get to so the cost per barrel will remain high. You name your poison/lie

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't know why some of you are assuming that they aren't fracking already! There's over 4000 frackpads in QLD alone.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
Ok so how long until i can expect you yanks banging down our doors for some oil?Maybe this is why Barry O sent those troops over here.
Well if you're sellin...we're buyin
If not the yanks, it will be the Chicoms as they've been slowly invading the australian continent with their populace and investments

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Yep.
They are even risking the Great Barrier Reef's heritage status ; to run a pipeline out of Gladdy, feeding gas to an outer island for easier international access.

Megalomaniacal fueltards !!!
edit on 14-3-2013 by Timely because: Needed some added emotion !...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That's great news! So how long until the U.S. trumps up some weapons of mass destruction fiction in Australia? Australia, prepare for invasion at the behest of Exxon-Mobil!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Australia got oil?

Now they are ready for democracy, USA will be pleased to help you
edit on 14-3-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I work in the oil industry, for one of the largest companies in the world. The figures presented in the OP are indeed impressive, but trust me, they will find a way to get to more than just 4% of that oil. The directional drilling capabilities here in the US for onshore operations has come a long way when dealing with shale in recent years. The rediscovery and exploration of the Marsellus Shale in the northeastern United States has given oil & gas companies a lot of valuable information. One last note that you can take to the bank, in my experience whatever figures are released publicly by an oil company are usually understating the actual numbers. This is not to lie to the public but more to keep competing companies from knowing the real extent of the find.

Originally I edited because I'm on my phone and the post looked horrible, but while I have the chance I'll chime in on the "America will invade" talk. While I seriously doubt that America will invade Austrailia militarily I don't doubt that American Corporations will not "invade". I realize that many US companies are already there, but it will bring in even more. Most people don't know that many of the major companies that everyone knows of doesn't actually drill often onshore. Companies like Shell, Chevron, Texaco and BP use a very high percentage of their resources for offshore exploration. This leaves many smaller oil & gas companies to do the exploration and drilling on land. The companies that Austrailian will begin to see, or see more of if they aren't already there are the "service" companies like Halliburton and Schlumberger that provide specialized oil & gas services to the actual oil companies. These service companies are the ones that will start to set up divisional "shops" in the cities closest to the actual finds. They will bring in knowledgeable oilfield workers from American, Norway, and usually Scotland or Britain to do the work and train locals in the most menial jobs, until a real workforce can be trained up to do the more complicated jobs. This is usually how things unfold, and probably what will happen in the place of any military invasion.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Teikeon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join