It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia just discovered trillions of dollars worth of oil in outback!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Well, ill go ahead and say it...

Australia's about to get fracked...

They will get a good fracking now for sure. The chemicals between us so to speak. The frack you say. What can I say I love the reference to Galactica.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

Australia doesn't have the balls to say no to Warmongering America....

Unless Ann Bressington Punches Julia Gillard in the face and steals her seat (I wish that would happen)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I hope everyone remembers that "Big Oil" is the poster child for "globalism". They owe no allegiance to any country. They will screw over the Aussies just as quick as they did the Pennsylvanians, the Texans, the Saudis...they do not care where it is...they just want to control it. False scarcity, price fixing and all that fun and upstanding stuff.

Good luck Oz! You're gonna need it! An oil company that can smell untapped crude is like a crack addict puttin' fire to his next fix...

Grats...I'm sure in the long run it will be good for your economy.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
NO harm, no foul. The first thread didn't get nearly enough attention so it's probably a good thing that you had posted this. People need to be aware of current events and goings on especially when it comes to something like oil that effects us both directly and indirectly.

Right on, thanks I wouldnt have known there was another thread tho, I need to brush up on my searching skills

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I personally am very suspect of these "We just found gajillions of barrels of oil" news reports. Much like the North Dakota oil "boom". Politicians greatly overstated the reserves and then they were quoting 100% removal numbers which is really stretching it. What I consider is the effect it has on people. Subconsciously they give a sigh of relief "Whew! We dodged a bullet for now. We can go back to sleep". It's a tactic ala 1984, "Rejoice comrade! Shoe production doubled last quarter..!!".

It's so easy to plant these subjective ideas in people's heads because they "want" it to be true. So bad that they'll overlook facts staring them straight in the face. I'd say ole Hugo bought it much for the same reasons that so many mideast nations are getting to celebrate their, cough, new found freedom from wonderful freedom fighters. If all of this oil is so abundant why are prices so damn high and why are we kicking ass in nations that won't play ball, and have oil. Don't tell me it's because of gross profits from fat cats. They are all playing a fine game and covering each others backs. Raising prices only hurts economies. The main thing achieved from raising prices is reducing consumption. I base this on graphs that I have looked up.

But consider this also. I have seen several "We just discovered the biggest reserves ever!" news reports over the years. Never to be heard of again and quietly die out. Think it doesn't happen? People that the attention span of mosquitoes. They quickly forget and come back for more.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

That might be true, but I recall a huge reservoir of oil being discovered under the Ozark mountains back in the 80's. The problem is...recovery. There is a pile of it waaaay-way down there...getting to it is not cheap enough i guess.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
Ok so how long until i can expect you yanks banging down our doors for some oil?

Maybe this is why Barry O sent those troops over here.

So many people either don't understand what reality is, or just want some cheap shots and a chance to use the word "yank".

Our government will only invade for oil if the rules of having oil aren't followed. For example, the Petrodollar reigns supreme. You must be a Reserve Banking nation. You must find reasonable trade relations (i.e., not "misuse" you oil related power). In short: be their lapdog. If you can do this, you get to keep your oil, and the illusion of freedom.

Australia is already a lapdog. why send hostile troops over?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

It is an awesome country. Cost of living is high but this resources boom is partly to blame. You'd think with the new taxes on super mining profits we could catch a break but everything keep going up until the bubble bursts!

But yes, relocate by all means. Wouldn't live anywhere else except perhaps the Eastern Oz States, Melbourne is awesome too check it out! Such a fantastic country.

You have a point about us digging ourselves out. We better start investing in new goods and services before it all runs out and Western Australia is in the crapper!

In saying this though, I think there is much more untold wealth to be exploited, especially ore and gas in central Australia, or in the less accessible parts.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

Australia doesn't have the balls to say no to Warmongering America....

That is the only thing wrong with this country, we are very spineless when it comes to dealing with the USG. Quite right unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A friend of mine who works in the Oil industry said that the shale oil in the Outback has been known for decades.
Apparently, dotted all over the lands are wells that have been drilled and capped

Pretty cool find, considering our Mineral wealth, Gas wealth now our oil wealth to match with our sexiest women in the world wealth Australia really is becoming one of the luckiest nations on Earth, 2nd only to NZ of course.

The idea that the US sent its troops up north for our oil is laughable. Although should the world go batsh1t crazy it does make us 10x more attractive to the Chinese hordes.

If I had any money, Id be buying a couple of cheap and nasty fish and chips shops down in SA, maybe some run down houses too. Should this oil field take off, its going to be a goldmine.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Id be right there with ya if I had the cheddar to do so, but as far as Coober Peddy goes they just went from the greatest opal mine in the world to one of the biggest oil/shale gas reserves of the world. If I lived in one of those rooms down in the hole I would definitely coat my walls and toilet with GOOOOOLLLD!....

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

If anyone has money, invest in lodging. Hotels are a great investment (up to 50% gross margins). Rental property does well, too (buy a big lot and set up a trailer park....real roughnecks won't mind that one bit).

Don't sell goods. Margins are too narrow there. Do lodging. That is where your money is really at.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm a white Aussie but if any of your bastards touch Aboriginal land over oil reserves and they don't like it, I'm with them. Hopefully its nowhere near their land because its all they have left when it comes to their heritage and culture. It would piss me off if we poisoned it because of a few greedy a/wipes with no respect for our planet.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Trillions in oil?
Hmmm I'd say the US wont see this as a real long term value
the US uses about 2 trillion in US currency of oil per year..
the Aussies should keep it to them selves

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I agree to a point.

One thing I've noticed is that native Australians only seem to cry about native land titles when something is found on the land worth money. Before that happens, they would never have set foot or considered it valuable.

Lately, it seems every piece of sand on Australia is native title lands, any time anything happens they make a fuss about wanting their cut. What do they do with 'their' cut? they surely don't invest it in 'their' culture, schools, hospitals, roads... most of it goes to the grog shop.

My best friend of 25yrs worked in housing development for Aboriginal communities. He was one of the labourers who would travel to these remote regions and build brand new 3bdrm homes for aboriginal communities.
He would go there once a year to build new homes. You know what they do with these brand new, tax payer funded homes?

1. Rip up the floors to use as firewood
2. Tear down the walls and graffiti them
3. Have bonfires and 'gatherings' in the lounge rooms
4. Animals sleep inside, they pass out drunk on the verandah.

I'm sorry but the native title land claims are nothing but a money grab!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho

So there you have it folks the reason why the Barry just sent 2500 US marines over to our good ally[at least that's my opinion]. This is actually huge news considering the implications for the rest of our good friends the saudis who from some reports were falsifying data about how much oil they still have. Also the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if all this craziness in NK is just a cover for china and other nations that want it for themselves, but who knows. Ill leave it to you AWESOME peeps out there let me know what your opinions are or possible repercussions of this may entail. Like always no one liner ignant posts lets keep this debate going cause I feel it may be a big one. Also do you think that our price of oil is going to go down considering we are there ally? I searched and didn't see this anywhere on here soooo yea. One more tid bit this has been known outside the us mainstream for a few months until the 11th of this month. Keep it civil and lets DOOOO THIS!

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yep,it your opinion. It's wrong, but it's still your opinion.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just a bit of trivia........

In 1979 my friend, who was in the Vintage Chevrolet Car Club, attended a meeting where one of the Guest speakers for the night, was a current (at that time) General Motors Engineer.

At this meeting, remember 1979, talk flowed to the future etc.

This engineer stated (in 1979) that Australia has 1200 YEARS of shale oil reserves under its surface, and at the time, it was too expensive to retrieve.....but in the future as technology improves etc etc.....Fast forward 33 years, here we are!!

Back IN THE 1970s they were aware of these reserves................Nothing new.

I can even tell you the story of the 100s of oil wells that are capped in Australia full of oil, but currently still import ME oil. There is even a well near Alice Springs, that has pure crude oil that can be run straight into a diesel engine, with no refining........
But I wont.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ive got a bad feeling Australia is about to get" fracked up the outback!:"!@@:
edit on 13-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

Great, china is gonna get even tighter with Australia now..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You guys are over reacting here... America won't be coming for your oil, lets be real.

-SAP-

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join