It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia just discovered trillions of dollars worth of oil in outback!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

G,day mate. the initial contract was for 86,000 styers to be produced at lithgow. we had previously produced around 200,000 SLR'S, self loading rifle. now that was a bang stick, a real MBR. main battle rifle. we referred to the styer as the KMART special. the styer was also NOT the first choice replacement for the (slar) it was in fact the 3rd.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just curious has anyone checked out the pictures of this place? Honestly I doubt we will be "invading" but I think that Australia just became our best friend....to put it bluntly

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is internationally ambiguous, it could be nothing because as others have pointed out oil can be found in many places if the economic variables are favourable to extraction. But looked at as part of the global oil situation it has the potential to be a regional game changer. Certainly worth keeping a weather eye on.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Thanks Scalla look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter, as far as I can tell they discovered it while looking for water and as far as the indigenous peeps I'm sure they live a ways away from there, not sure though maybe someone from over there could elaborate further on the area considering all i have is Google.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

My thoughts exactly...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xxKINGFSUxx

Yes they were confiscated. BUT, since then gun ownership is at the same level as it was pre-Port Arthur Massacre.

Australians own as many guns now as they did at the time of the Port Arthur massacre, despite more than 1 million firearms being handed in and destroyed, new research reveals. A University of Sydney study has shown there has been a steady increase in guns imported into the country over the past decade, with the number of privately owned guns now at the same level as 1996.
source

______________________________________________________________________________________

OP: BACK on topic..

Australia's rich with untapped resources (I live in WA the most profitable state in Oz at the moment), personally I would like to get in whilst I'm still young and get a job there if it ever goes to exploration stage!

Some of my friends at Barrow Island are on six figure salaries! Plenty to go around for everyone, even with Exxon-Mobile and Chevron kicking about.

Cheers for the find

edit on 13-3-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: source

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

Oil in Australia? I guess that means Australia needs some more democracy.
edit on 13-3-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

I live in WA myself and ill have to say we're diggin ourselves out slowly, no pun intended, but its gettin there. My ol' lady and I have also thought about relocating and australia is lookin pretty promising I must say, and its beautiful. Win Win

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pronto
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

2. of course the indig will get a cut. some 7 years ago a mate;s sister in the dept of aboriginal affairs or what ever its name is. had the job of maintaining and ensuring that the bag of bones were placed and subsequently located in the right place at the right time. now i will go put on a flak jacket and wait.

no need for bags of bones - eth Abo's were first in Aus, and therefore by default owned all the land - it is up to later comers to show any land they think they own has legal title.

that is what Mabo established:

On the 3rd of June, 1992, after a decade of litigation, the High Court ruled that the land title of the Indigenous Peoples, the Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders, is recognised at common law. This Indigenous Peoples' land title, or native title, stems from the continuation within common law of their rights over land which pre-date European colonisation of Australia. In the absence of an effective extinguishment by the crown, this title presents through inheritance the original occupants' right to possession of their traditional lands in accordance with their customs and lores. The judgement has, at long last, rejected the "Terra Nullius " legal fiction, bringing Australia almost in line with remaining common law countries, ie USA, Canada and New Zealand.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Sooo, the US is going to war with Australia. At least the beer will be good and we already speak the same language, mostly.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The Aussie's just got a nice new payday. Good for them.

Hopefully cheaper gas prices in America *cough cough* *nudge nudge*

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

My thoughts exactly
, hopefully something good will come from this as opposed to going in there and just taking it. Me thinks it could end up being one of the topics of convo later in the year once all the NK and POPE drama has died down.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Not quite breaking as A quick ATS search will take you here to this thread that is a couple months old...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But yes, That is a lot of oil. I also believe that there may be some ulterior motives regarding whom the U.S. gets its oil from as well. Most of us know that there is enough oil under U.S. soil to keep us going for quite some time.
edit on 13-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Ahh I c I must have not looked hard enough my apologies, Ill leave it up to the mods if they want to close this thread or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It must also be noted that the other post didn't give a description of what this place is and how awesome it is but like I said leave it to the MODS.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ooh yes Australia you NEED to start massively expanding of Fracking operations.....

That's worked out SO WELL for America. It hasn't created a SINKHOLE problem at all............

How about some free energy devices get released and we can stop damaging the environment. Got any of those in the Pine Gap Research Facility....?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well, ill go ahead and say it...

Australia's about to get fracked...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
NO harm, no foul. The first thread didn't get nearly enough attention so it's probably a good thing that you had posted this. People need to be aware of current events and goings on especially when it comes to something like oil that effects us both directly and indirectly.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

My parents lived there for a while whilst I was a very young child, I dont really remember much but a very unique place. Although not everyone lives underground, it alot cooler to. Heres some more pics for ya

Hahaha.

Golf anyone?

Or maybe something to drink

Back to the OP, That's a lot of oil. Will all it all be shipped OS to be refined then sold back to us at a huge mark up? wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The importance of Australia's mineral riches is nothing new, nor it is the case for oil (they also have camels
. Then there is the extra leg up that the US has by having made a census of all the planet's assets and continues to do so at every opportunity ("recent" find in Afghanistan), the UN process to extend the economic area of nations into the sea, the mapping done by NASA and the perpetual hunt for more arable land to support the increasing population...

There is no need to time travel it only requires to have common sense... Why do you think the discourse in Australia is being centered around US vs China. Australia was really f#$% up after the US pushed for China to enter the WTO (at some degree the impact was even more than in Europe).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join