It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia just discovered trillions of dollars worth of oil in outback!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Australia just discovered trillions of dollars worth of oil in outback!

www.telegraph.co.uk

The discovery in central Australia was reported by Linc Energy to the stock exchange and was based on two consultants reports, though it is not yet known how commercially viable it will be to access the oil.

The reports estimated the company’s 16 million acres of land in the Arckaringa Basin in South Australia contain between 133 billion and 233 billion barrels of shale oil trapped in the region’s rocks.

It is likely however that just 3.5 billion barrels, worth almost $359 billion (£227 billion) at today’s oil price, will be able to be recovered.

The find was likened to the Ba
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.cbc.ca
why.knovel.com
www.lignet.com

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So there you have it folks the reason why the Barry just sent 2500 US marines over to our good ally[at least that's my opinion]. This is actually huge news considering the implications for the rest of our good friends the saudis who from some reports were falsifying data about how much oil they still have. Also the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if all this craziness in NK is just a cover for china and other nations that want it for themselves, but who knows. Ill leave it to you AWESOME peeps out there let me know what your opinions are or possible repercussions of this may entail. Like always no one liner ignant posts lets keep this debate going cause I feel it may be a big one. Also do you think that our price of oil is going to go down considering we are there ally? I searched and didn't see this anywhere on here soooo yea. One more tid bit this has been known outside the us mainstream for a few months until the 11th of this month. Keep it civil and lets DOOOO THIS!

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

Holy crap!

Grab your guns, the US is already on its way...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The vampires in power will still keep the oil/refinery supplies low to keep prices elevated,no change in price expected at the pumps imo.
edit on 13-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

the reason why the Barry just sent 2500 US marines over to our good ally[at least that's my opinion]

Actually it was probably to bolster up the number of troops in the region as it appears a war with N korea is imminent. Oil can be found all around the globe.
edit on 13-3-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

strewth! i like your conspiratorial thinking on this, no doubt oz can expect the $3bil military aid i saw mentioned on here a couple of days ago (did not have a chance to read that thread, yet)..
too many interesting things to read tonight, so i just skimmed so far, gonna have to come back to this later, but SnF well deserved.

i wonder if whatever tribe of locals that live in the area can expect any consideration in this matter? daft question i expect

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

All our guns were confiscated after the Port Aurthur massacre/ false flag. I guess we could set the bikies onto them they still manage to have guns

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ok so how long until i can expect you yanks banging down our doors for some oil?

Maybe this is why Barry O sent those troops over here.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well I guess we know the next country the US will invade

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

i wonder if whatever tribe of locals that live in the area can expect any consideration in this matter? daft question i expect

I highly doubt it mate but lets hope so for their sake.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho

So there you have it folks the reason why the Barry just sent 2500 US marines over to our good ally[at least that's my opinion].

So you are sure it couldn't possibly have been to exercise with a close ally who is strategically located in the new area of importance that is the western Pacific??

Given that the Marine announcment was made over 15 months ago in 2011 do you think Barry is prescient, or just time travels??

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKINGFSUxx
reply to post by Akragon

All our guns were confiscated after the Port Aurthur massacre/ false flag. I guess we could set the bikies onto them they still manage to have guns

meh...

I wouldn't worry either way... they're gonna get it eventually like it or not...

At least you're on the other side of the world, which might make it a big harder...

See... us morons in Canada are building a pipeline directly from our oil source to texas... We love to give our oil away...

The funny thing is they sell it back to us... and we wonder why gas prices are so high...

We is deh bright ones...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Get ready to be the United States of Australia.
Don't worry, after we bomb you to hell, we'll rebuild.

edit on 13-3-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKINGFSUxx
reply to post by Akragon

All our guns were confiscated after the Port Aurthur massacre/ false flag.

Apparently they missed something over 3 million guns still in the hands of civilians - about 10 times the number the armed forces and police have in total.

They also forgot to make it illegal to buy and own guns.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Also another interesting fact about where they found this massive reserve....The towns name is Coober Pedi or in aboriginal it means "White man's hole"... pictures below of this amazing place which resides in, you guessed it a hole
, well not all of it, but most of it is an underground opal mine, and it even has its own church

sorry guys couldnt get the embed to work but check em out its pretty cool.

edit on 13-3-2013 by LemaEcho because: last two pics didnt work

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

oops well maybe he might be "project pegassus"lol?....you are correct sir. My bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Holy crap!

Grab your guns, the US is already on its way...

What other option is there? Clearly the US cannot leave all of those Aussie WMD's laying around and risk having them fall into the wrong hands. They are bad enough as it is, can you imagine the damage a dropbear could inflict with WMD's?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

G,day mate. two points of interest.
1. they test drilled from the west coast to the east coast of australia back in 79/80. test bores were sunk every 80 miles. they found diamonds and oil everywhere .met and became mates with a bloke involved.
2. of course the indig will get a cut. some 7 years ago a mate;s sister in the dept of aboriginal affairs or what ever its name is. had the job of maintaining and ensuring that the bag of bones were placed and subsequently located in the right place at the right time. now i will go put on a flak jacket and wait.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What a bummer the government didn't sort out the mining tax properly, this could have been a desperately needed boost for the struggling lower classes. Instead the wealth will be sapped up with warm handshakes, big grins and a giant fat middle finger to Wayne Swan who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Instead, we will sit parked on a flagging and floundering infrastructure for an hour each way into work and back paying out our nose for petroleum when we could all have been happily running on cheap natural gas since the early 80's.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

(edit 2.)
Linc Energy stock price went from 46 cents last year in November, then boom, it shot up to over $3.00. I bet some happy investors are rubbing blackened dripping hands together now.

edit on 13-3-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good news!

Shale oil,ever heard of fracking?

www.dangersoffracking.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join