It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinitus - Woke up to Monk Chanting Music

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yes, I have tinnitus and I normally hear loud rushing noises and occasionally music. The monk chanting was so very loud, it literally woke me up. It seemed to have lasted a full minute. At first it felt demonic. Very creepy.

I find it odd that upon waking, I opened my laptop and discovered the new pope was elected. I awoke at 3:00 p.m. central standard time. I know I sound like a loon. Tis a true story as strange as it sounds. I'm not religious and consider myself agnostic.

Yeah, I know, my posting history appears to make me look mentally ill. LOL Hope I posted in the right section.

In dealing with my tinnitus, I have never heard chanting music ever. Usually it sounds more like orchestra or big band. The coincidence is just too spooky.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

That's just weird.

I have never heard of anyone hearing music and it being attributed to tinnitus. Generally it is just ringing or roaring.
I have tinnitus, and almost everyone I work with as well (occupational hazard). We all just have ringing.

You should see a doctor.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have tinnitus. Can't sleep without a fan running or the ringing will drive me nuts.

Singing, though,never heard of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

My ENT said it wasn't unheard of. There are doctors in the U.S. (but mostly Europe) that acknowledge this phenomenon. Some people call it musical ear syndrome and it's usually diagnosed in elderly folks. I have a full diagnosis that clearly indicates I have tinnitus.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
I have tinnitus. Can't sleep without a fan running or the ringing will drive me nuts.

I'm the opposite, when I hear the background of a fan, heater, etc., it makes matters worse for me. Not everyone experiences the same exact affects.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
Yes, I have tinnitus and I normally hear loud rushing noises and occasionally music. The monk chanting was so very loud, it literally woke me up. It seemed to have lasted a full minute. At first it felt demonic. Very creepy.

I find it odd that upon waking, I opened my laptop and discovered the new pope was elected. I awoke at 3:00 p.m. central standard time. I know I sound like a loon. Tis a true story as strange as it sounds. I'm not religious and consider myself agnostic.

Yeah, I know, my posting history appears to make me look mentally ill. LOL Hope I posted in the right section.

In dealing with my tinnitus, I have never heard chanting music ever. Usually it sounds more like orchestra or big band. The coincidence is just too spooky.

As if this was both a coincidence or normal tinnitus. Awakening symptoms?

From the internet:
8b. Hearing: Increased or decreased hearing. I once thought I would have to pull off the road because of the painfully amplified sound of my tires on the freeway. Other symptoms are hearing white noise in the head, beeps, tones, music or electronic patterns.Some hear water rushing, bees buzzing, whooshing, roaring or ringing. Others have what is called audio dyslexia-- you can't always make out what people are saying, as if you can no longer translate your own language. Some hear strange voices in their dreams, as if someone is hovering near them.

I think your pineal gland is starting to work but I might be wrong. Have fun

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Thanks for the incite, as I did post this in the paranormal subject forum. Thanks for keeping in tow with the format.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

I'm the opposite, when I hear the background of a fan, heater, etc., it makes matters worse for me. Not everyone experiences the same exact affects.

I did not know that. Some noises though will put me on the floor. Even a whiney voice.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Yes, high pitch noises nearly make fall over in pain. LOL. It's not like you can tell someone that their voice is excruciating to listen too. I'd probably get slapped for telling a woman her voice is to shrill.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I dont have tinnitus but i can hear some elses ears ringing and i have also heard Gregorian chanting many times, but the main one i hear is bagpipes.

I know the music i hear isnt someone off in the distance rocking it out because the tunes are repetitive.

I just assumed it was because im sensitive.

Psychic Dictionary

WORDS USED & THEIR MEANINGS:

Clairaudience - the power to hear sounds said to exist beyond the reach of ordinary experiences or capacity as the voices of the dead. To speak or hear psychically to ourselves, angels, spirit guides or other people, etc. Abilities such as guided writing, channeling, trans-mediumship and telepathy.

Clairaudient (Clear Audio/Hearing)
To perceive sounds or words from sources broadcasting from a spiritual or ethereal realms.

Perception of messages in thought forms from an entity who exists in another realm. You 'hear' what they are saying in thought form messages. This is a form of channeling.

You may actually hear spirits talking or singing in your head yet there is no auditory sounds.

Many of us receive messages this way from angels, spirit guides, or other spirit entities. When a person loses a loved one they often receive messages from them. Often the messages is preceded by a floral fragrance.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Gregorian! Of course. I had a difficult time labeling it. Thanx.

Let me assure you, I do not want any of those things you describe, but sometimes I feel that there is something more going on that the medical field can't explain.

Thank you for your post.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I have a bit of tinnitus as well. My audiologist says it's because the ears are trying to "hear" harder than usual..because there is some damage to the organs of hearing. They are trying to compensate and that's why you hear that white noise or whatever it is.

I hear it all: chirping birds, rushing waves, soft waves, humming bells, angelic flutes etc. I have even heard chanting choirs singing a mantra. *sound of record needle scratch*

Wait, how do chanting choirs fit in with the the rest of the tinnitus sounds? How is it that we hear music (bells, flutes, chants) from an unknown source? It's funny, the only thing I don't hear is ringing in the ears; and that's usually how it's described.

It does make me wonder!

edit on 13-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Im with LittleBylittle on this. prepare to be amazed, to feel and be truly loved and sometimes even overwhelmed.

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 13/3/13 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Some hear water rushing, bees buzzing, whooshing, roaring or ringing.

These sounds are often described by yogis as the constituent sounds of OM/AUM.

Others have what is called audio dyslexia-- you can't always make out what people are saying, as if you can no longer translate your own language.

Yep, I can hear really well, but have lost some speech clarity.

Some hear strange voices in their dreams, as if someone is hovering near them.

The sounds are most prominent during sleep paralysis and meditation.

BUT, I did have some hearing loss when I was younger, which explains my loss of speech clarity. It just happened that I started meditating around that time too though.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thank you for a thoughtful reply. I agree there is some kind of compensation going on with the brain and the ears. I just found it strange that it was (as I was corrected), Gregorian Chant music as the pope was elected upon me waking up from a nap.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Im with LittleBylittle on this. prepare to be amazed, to feel and be truly loved and sometimes even overwhelmed.

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 13/3/13 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

I would be so unworthy of such a thing. Sure wouldn't mind having a little bit more understanding and awareness, but please God, I don't want anything that will make feel uncomfortable. I need to look into the Pineal gland a little more. My understanding of it is scant. Thanks, I'll be doing some research on that.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are two kinds of Tinitus. One involves the ears and one involves the auditory part of the brain or sometimes the filtering system of the brain. Mine is related to my temporal lobe epilepsy. It has nothing to do with the ears. It came in an instant one day and hasn't left. It gets worse when I eat high sugar food. It is related to excess energy flowing through the brain sometimes. I use it to monitor the state of my epilepsy, it works pretty good.

I read an article that said possibly a third of the tinitus out there may be something in the brain. I guess as long as it is making the noise the brain is still working

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
There are two kinds of Tinitus. One involves the ears and one involves the auditory part of the brain or sometimes the filtering system of the brain. Mine is related to my temporal lobe epilepsy. It has nothing to do with the ears. It came in an instant one day and hasn't left. It gets worse when I eat high sugar food. It is related to excess energy flowing through the brain sometimes. I use it to monitor the state of my epilepsy, it works pretty good.

I read an article that said possibly a third of the tinitus out there may be something in the brain. I guess as long as it is making the noise the brain is still working

LOL, you have a good attitude about it. Wow, you just gave me some food for thought. Big time. I've never had a seizure thankfully. Let's hope it leaves you as fast as it came on. Do you have hearing hallucinations and if so what do you experience?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yeah, I know, my posting history appears to make me look mentally ill. LOL

Hahaha!

Hearing music, chanting, ringing ears can be the onset to a Kundalini awakening.

That would also explain your "appearence" of being mentally ill! lol

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

Yeah, I know, my posting history appears to make me look mentally ill. LOL

Hahaha!

Hearing music, chanting, ringing ears can be the onset to a Kundalini awakening.

That would also explain your "appearence" of being mentally ill! lol

Kundalini is a new word for me. Have to check that out. But yes, I question my sanity sometimes with some of the things I've heard. In this case, it was simply a coincidence. I hope.

I went to a psychiatrist before I went to the ENT doc and jaw doc. Really thought I was going over the cliff. But the medical diagnosis proved otherwise. LOL.

I'm loving these posts, so much too look up. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join