It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veronica Mars Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The conspiracy busting blond looks like she'll be making a return, this time to the big screen. She and show creator Rob Thomas got the ok to run a kickstarter campaign, getting a pledge from Warner Brothers that if they reach $2 million, the movie will get made this summer and they (WB) will handle all of the marketing and distribution.

For the record, they reached $1 million in five hours, setting a new kickstarter record. It will be quite interesting to see the affect that this has on the movie industry. Could, honestly, be quite revolutionary.

I wont post a link to the actual kickstarter site, because I dont think it is within the T&C of ATS to do so, but here's the clip they made to promote:

Arrested Development, Entourage, now Veronica Mars....lots of recent 'cult' classics are making a comeback.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I hopes its got Kristen Bell in it still, shes absolutely stunning and a good actor

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
I hopes its got Kristen Bell in it still, shes absolutely stunning and a good actor

She's one of the driving forces behind making the project happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I've only seen a few episodes of Veronica Mars but how successful this Kickstarter has been in just 24 hours is certainly exciting. Here's hoping this starts a trend and we start seeing more of these crowd funded movies.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I've only seen a few episodes of Veronica Mars but how successful this Kickstarter has been in just 24 hours is certainly exciting. Here's hoping this starts a trend and we start seeing more of these crowd funded movies.

This could really go down as a historic thing in the movie making industry. Never before have the fans had as much power as to what gets made, and I have been waiting for the door to open for them to use it.

The viewer power has always lied in trends. For the most part, high dollar producers decided which movies get made, and which dont. The viewer really only got to decide whether or not they spent money on it. With this campaign, and its absolutely mindblowing success (over two million in one day!), dont be surprised if you see more and more 'smaller' productions going this route.

top topics

join