It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter the Roman and Pope Francis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Does the prophecy not say 112 as a number or an I wrong? In that case you are saying that if something happened to Francis he would not be counted and if that is so shouldn't JohnPaul I not be counted also, that means the prophecy is still wrong.
edit on 13/3/13 by Todzer because: To make my statement more understandable

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by redoubt

Does the prophecy not say 112 as a number or an I wrong? In that case you are saying that Francis would not be counted and if that is so shouldn't JohnPaul I not be counted also, that means the prophecy is still wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

In case you are new to predictions and prophecies, they are never direct and specific. The linkage beween the St. Malachy prophecy and Benedict is the order he comes from. Historically and prophetically, calling someonRoman, didn't refere to the city as much as it did to Italy as a whole. Being the son of two itallians is a stronger linkage to the peter the roman moniker than Benefict and the glory of olives.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by redoubt

Does the prophecy not say 112 as a number or an I wrong? In that case you are saying that Francis would not be counted and if that is so shouldn't JohnPaul I not be counted also, that means the prophecy is still wrong.

Not judging anything as wrong or right. Just noting that... all things considered, taking things at face value on this particular subject isn't required, lol.

Closed minds get lost in open spaces...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Thank you, I knew there was 1's and 2's in it

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by dontreally

What's with you people? It's a failed prophecy. You simply cannot contort any justification under the Sun to try and make a square peg fit into a round hole.

He's neither a Roman nor named Peter. It's over. Like John Titor, 12-21-12, and the GFL ufo nonsense it's time to move this to the failure file.

TOTALLY agree Typical!!

The prophecy has not been fulfilled, either by choice, or just because it wasn`t a prophecy to start off with (but just what people imagined they saw in the prophecies and twisted them to their likings).

Maybe thanks to Francesco I, the timeline has shifted! Let`s all hope it`s for the better , for all of us!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

In case you are new to predictions and prophecies, they are never direct and specific. The linkage beween the St. Malachy prophecy and Benedict is the order he comes from. Historically and prophetically, calling someonRoman, didn't refere to the city as much as it did to Italy as a whole. Being the son of two itallians is a stronger linkage to the peter the roman moniker than Benefict and the glory of olives.

Actually, I've been an avid student of Bible prophecy most of my adult life. And that certainly isnt the case. Gabriel gave Daniel a prophecy to the exact day that the Messiah the King would enter Jerusalem. Generally Biblical prophecy is absurdly accurate in detail.
edit on 13-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Alright, in that case I'm Norse royalty!

You guys are pulling and grasping at any straw you can find,.

"It.. just... can't
be... so!!??!!".

Dammit, think!!!! There must be a link here somewhere!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bintang

What's with you people? It's a failed prophecy. You simply cannot contort any justification under the Sun to try and make a square peg fit into a round hole.

He's neither a Roman nor named Peter. It's over. Like John Titor, 12-21-12, and the GFL ufo nonsense it's time to move this to the failure file.

TOTALLY agree Typical!!

The prophecy has not been fulfilled, either by choice, or just because it wasn`t a prophecy to start off with (but just what people imagined they saw in the prophecies and twisted them to their likings).

Maybe thanks to Francesco I, the timeline has shifted! Let`s all hope it`s for the better , for all of us!

Now that I can agree with. Numerous sources said the Vatican was well aware of the Malachi prophecy and made sure they didn't elect an Italian or someone named Peter. Cardinal Turkson was the odds favorite to be named Pope and he would have been both black and named Peter. It appears to me the cardinals were purposely making sure that there would be no connection to either Nostradamus or Malachi with this nomination.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bintang

TOTALLY agree Typical!!

Now that I can agree with. Numerous sources said the Vatican was well aware of the Malachi prophecy and made sure they didn't elect an Italian or someone named Peter. Cardinal Turkson was the odds favorite to be named Pope and he would have been both black and named Peter. It appears to me the cardinals were purposely making sure that there would be no connection to either Nostradamus or Malachi with this nomination.

Thanks Typical!

Now, imagine the theories that will come up, following what Francis said in his opening speech -` they took me from the end of the world`... (mi hanno preso dalla fine del mondo....)....literally meaning, in Italian, they took me from such a far away place!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Though I have seen old pictures of a Triple Crown with Vicarius Filii Dei on it, all evidence seems to be suppressed that this was ever the case.
See Link:Vicarius Filii Dei Wikipedia Article

An amazing number of documents detailing the persecutions of heretics have disappeared, why not evidence for 666?

edit on 13-3-2013 by UMayBRite! because: Correction of Link appearing twice I wrote See link and had added Link to url description.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
With respect to the adjective "black", there are many ways to interpret that word.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

So many knee jerk responses to this thread.

I'm playing with the idea. I used the word "insist" to highlight the irrationality of the belief.

What I'm far more interested in discussing is the choice of his name - the fact he is the first to go with Francis - and the possible implications of what that may mean.

As commentators never tired of reminding viewers, the name the Pope chooses is reflective of his agenda or mission as Pope. St. Francis was quite a startling name selection to those of us who know anything about the Saint. Not that I'm condemning him. He was a great man. However, it does indicate the direction where Cardinal Bergoglio is interested in moving.

The notion of St. Francis being "naked" may or may not be apocryphal. But symbolically, all educated Catholics understand what 'nakedness' is meant to mean. A church which frets over gender distinctions, condom use, abortion, etc, is tied to the "clothing" of every day forms. A "naked" understanding emphasizes the essence of things, which would be the Godhead, or Christ himself - hence Francis' own experience of the crucifixion. He embodied Christs essence in his physical flesh.

It's a big deal, and it ain't a hallmark of conservatism

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Here is a (quote) : "(10) The sovereign of this kingdom is identified with the number "666." (Revelation 13:18)

The Pope's triple crown holds the inscription Vicarius Filii Dei, which is latin for "Vicar [Substitute] of the Son of God." The numerical value of this blasphemous title is 666.

Vicarius = V(5), I(1), C(100), A(0), R(0), I(1), U(5), S(0) = 112

Filii = F(0), I(1), L(5), I(1), I(1) = 53

Dei = D(500), E(0), I(1) = 501

Vicarius Filii Dei = 666" (unquote)

Link is: www.worldslastchance.com...

Am I missing something here?
The Gematria for the term 'Vicarius Filii Dei' doesn't equal 666...
www.gematrix.org...

Edit & Update: The site linked is from the traiditional Seventh Day Adventist church, whose teachings (thanks to Ellen White) are a LONG way from mainstream.

They state that the Roman Gematria for 'Vicarivs Filii Dei' equals 666.

...unfortunately, it equals... wait for it...
654. Their math is off.

web.eecs.utk.edu...

Update 2:

Apparently the term itself is still in dispute, and stems from a forged document, The Donation of Constantine, while the term Vicarius Filii Dei has never even been established as actually belonging to the Papacy.

Turns out shoddy scholarship is all over this thing.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I am not surprised to see that the website presenting that information is identifying itself as Seventh-day Adventist offshoot. I talk on this kind of information on the identify of the beast of the sea of Rev. 13 often. If you studying the information Adventists have put together on the beast of Revelation (and the little horn of Daniel 7, who is also the same power) you will see that the Bible (i.e God) identifies the Papacy/Vatican as the power He says is from the dragon (i.e Satan).

There are more than 20 unique descriptors the Bible gives on this power and the Vatican is the only one that fulfills them all (any other options doesn't even come close).

The SDAs are the one identified in Revelation (keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ (Rev. 12:17) which the spirit of prophecy (Rev. 19:10)) as the main body of people who will be giving the "loud cry" in Revelation 14:9 against the beast mark. They are the offspring of the faithful woman in Revelation 12 who the dragon will make war against during the Tribulation period.

If this false Christ presents himself soon, which will commence the tribulation period (although the start of the tribulation will be pretty tame), then it will be in your best interest to follow what the SDAs are saying to do (as it will secure your eternal life and make sure you and others are not deceived).

Here is another SDA offshoot group who have put together decent enough info on many of the other prophetic descriptors identifying the beast as well...check out

If you have any questions or uncertainties on this issue feel free to drop a pm to me any time in the future.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

The site linked is from the traiditional Seventh Day Adventist church, whose teachings (thanks to Ellen White) are a LONG way from mainstream

I didn't realize that mainstream also meant correct with the Bible. Considering "they all wondered after the beast" I would have thought being mainstream would be a negative (and synonymous with being deceived).

How about you present some SDA theology/doctrine that is not backed up by scripture and let's see how far you get! I am more than happy to defend my church....Who knows, you might just learn something in the process.

...unfortunately, it equals... wait for it...
654. Their math is off.

The math looks pretty good to me...

while the term Vicarius Filii Dei has never even been established as actually belonging to the Papacy.
Turns out shoddy scholarship is all over this thing.

The November 15, 1914 edition of OUR SUNDAY VISITOR (a Catholic publication) openly using the term Vicarius Filli Dei. It also states that the name Vicarius Filli Dei is inscribed on the Popes mitre!

The letters inscribed in the Pope's miter are these 'VICARIUS FILII DEI'. which is the Latin for 'VICAR OF THE SON OF GOD.' Catholics hold that the church, which is a visible society, must have a visible head...., as head of the church, was given the title, 'VICAR OF CHRIST'." Our Sunday Visitor, (Catholic Weekly) "Bureau of information," Huntington, Ind., April 18, 1915.evidenced again

Vatican document (in Latin) "Deusdedit cardinalis ... collectio canonum, ed. a P. Martinucci" where they use the term VICARIUS FILII DEI

In the 1940's Robert Correia and others sought out to prove Vicarius Filii Dei was an official title of the pope. Here is their story and a link to a document signed by Dr. J. Quasten, S.T.D., professor of Ancient History and Christian Archeology, School of Sacred Theology, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC 1943. Stating that Vicarius Filii Dei and Vicarius Christi are very common for the title of the pope.

The Search to Document and Authenticate Vicarius Filii Dei as told by Robert Franklin Correia
The signed Document

Vicar of Christ . . . Title used almost exclusively of the Bishop of Rome as successor of Peter and, therefore, the one in the Church who particularly takes the place of Christ; but used also of bishops in general and even of priests. First used by the Roman Synod of A.D. 495 to refer to Pope Gelasius; more commonly in Roman curial usage to refer to the Bishop of Rome during the pontificate of Pope Eugene III (1145-1153). Pope Innocent III (1198-1216) asserted explicitly that the Pope is the Vicar of Christ; further defined at the Council of Florence in the Decree for the Greeks (1439) and Vatican Council I in Pastor Aerternus (1870). The Second Vatican Council, in Lumen Gentium , n.27, calls bishops in general "vicars and legates of Christ." All bishops are vicars of Christ for their local churches in their ministerial functions as priest, prophet, and king, as the Pope is for the universal church; the title further denotes they exercise their authority in the Church not by delegation from any other person, but from Christ Himself."
Source: Catholic Dictionary, Peter M.J. Stravinskas, Editor, published by Our Sunday Visitor, Inc., Huntington, 1993, pp. 484-485.

Sounds like the only shoddy scholarship is coming from your end...The title has been established as belonging to them
edit on 14-3-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
The SDAs are the one identified in Revelation .....

On topic ... really ANY pope would fit the final prophecy of Malachy. All popes are considered to be 'peter' (they " stand in the shoes of the fisherman" and sit in the 'chair of peter') ... and they are all at the Vatican which is near Rome. So techinically .. anyone can fit this prophecy.

It's like the horoscope in the sunday paper. It's so general that it can fit anyone and people will say 'that sounds like me'. The other St. Malachy prophecies were very exact and fit. This last one is very general ....

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The prophetic description is keep the commandments and have the spirit of prophecy.

Adventist keep the 10 commandments and tear people to shreds when it comes to prophecy understanding.

It definitely isn't the Catholics who keep max 8 of the 10 commandments and are abysmal at the prophetic books.

Or most other Christians keep max 9 of 10 commandments (and are generally very poor in prophecy as well)

You can role your eyes all you want but it doesn't change what the facts are...

Lots of lukewarm Adventists are going to be shaken out of the SDA church during the Tribulation anyway (like lots of lukewarm Christians, some in my church will be lead astray if they haven't secured their faith on a firm foundation)...but the SDAs as a whole/or their theology and prophecy descriptions are going to be what will be guiding others during the Tribulation. I jest not FF, that is what is going to happen.

During that time when the SDA prophecy descriptions are fulfilled (the initial ones, before the ones that symbolize that probation/the book of life has closed) then I hope you will actually pay them a little more attention....for your own benefit.
edit on 14-3-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

So, only if the Pope was a Roman named Peter and he had red skin, a tail and some horns would you be ready to make a connection on a conspiracy forum? It's okay folks, we're safe with Sherlock on the case!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Hello friend, The SDA's are doing a good job at prophecy but when you speak you speak with pride, The very thing that caused Satan to fall, no man should be above anyone that is why Christ washed the feet of his followers. I keep the sabbath but at home with my family, I feel more one with Christ when I'm alone and in constant prayer for knowledge. I get all my information from God through the holy spirit and through the blood of Christ, Religion is a tool Satan uses to blind the people with pride and envy. Satan will be back to do away with religion and speak of a universal knowledge and make it a world religion with universal brotherhood with aliens but are only fallen angels.

You have seen the father in the eye`s of your children and the enemies you fight, you see him in Satan but he was to proud and wanted to be God. The birds in the air, he is in them.
Look at every prophecy in every religion on the planet for Satan has scattered the truth among different religions, be good to the land for she is your mother and nourishes you.

I do agree that the Catholic church has pagan roots, but it`s those in power that fell and the followers are the victims and we must make them aware with love and not to condemn them for they do not know. Tradition has blinded many and even my reverend mother and father in law who are in the Anglican denomination. They face a great fall when Satan uses the Catholic church to be the one he sacrifices to make known the follies of the church.

This life we live day to day, work and no play is just a fake life and is an illusion fabricated from the greediness of the hearts of people and the wanting to be better than others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join