It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter the Roman and Pope Francis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you insist on finding connections between St. Malachis prophecy of the Popes and the newly elected Pope Francis, the common denominator seems to be the concept of firstness.

Peter is traditionally believed to be the first Pontiff of the Catholic Church.

Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina is the first non-European pope
He is also the first Pope to take on the controversial name Francis.

These are many interesting firsts, and thus, "Peter" may be nothing other than a reference to firstness.

St Francis of Assisi, also, is considered to be a trailblazer in the catholic church, a 12th century "liberal" who thought of the Churches role in a more universalistic and, if this term may be appropriate, a "non-dual" way. He was famous for stripping himself naked because he felt clothing arrested his spiritual awareness. Symbolically speaking, Francis represents an absolute departure from the traditional beliefs of the Roman Catholic church.

Francis stripped himself. His clothing represented to him unnecessary physical appendages, aspects which beclouded the simple unity of the spirit. If my intuition of this name selection is correct, I think we may see some pretty spectacular (to liberals, horrific to traditionalists) reforms in the Catholic church. For example: men and women. Can women become priests? According to Francis of Assisi's mertonesque understanding, there should be no distinction between males and females. Could this happen??? It awaits to be seen.

In any case, if you want to make connections between the prophecy of the popes and Peter the Roman, this seems like a pretty solid foundation to start from.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The problem with this is, regardless of which pope was elected, connections would be made...At some point we just gotta chalk it up to nonsense unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Getting tired of these threads. There is only speculation to connect the two, and that's some heavy speculation as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He is not the first non European pope

m.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think that some will try to reach and make a connection but fortunately it all ends up being nonsense. I would have definitely given thought to the St. Malachy prediction had they elected the cardinal from Ghana. Then I think it would have been a different story and there may have been something to it. Personally, I think he looks like a nice person and hopefully he is able to change the corruption that has consumed the church.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

My sentiments exactly.

I expect to see large quantities of nonsense threads over the next week or so. Especially with people having 2-3 weeks to prepare some of their nonsense.

It may be a good time to take a little vacation from ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
St. Francis of Assisi is one of the most popular saints among "traditional" Catholics. There are thousands of Churches named after him worldwide. If anyone is expecting grand changes just because of a name or the fact that he is the first non-European pope (event though he is at least half Italian), you will probably be very disapointed. Same as the last 2 popes, he will be big on helping the poor but will be die hard against abortion and gay marriage. Just like he was prior to becoming pope.
ETA: he's not even the first non-European pope. Just the first one in a really long time.
edit on 13-3-2013 by SELAboy because: stated in txt

link   

Yesterday I was studying who or what is the beast in the book of Revelation and I came across an interesting website. There is much mentioned about the Catholic Church, the Pope etc.

Here is a (quote) : "(10) The sovereign of this kingdom is identified with the number "666." (Revelation 13:18)

The Pope's triple crown holds the inscription Vicarius Filii Dei, which is latin for "Vicar [Substitute] of the Son of God." The numerical value of this blasphemous title is 666.

Vicarius = V(5), I(1), C(100), A(0), R(0), I(1), U(5), S(0) = 112

Filii = F(0), I(1), L(5), I(1), I(1) = 53

Dei = D(500), E(0), I(1) = 501

Vicarius Filii Dei = 666" (unquote)

Link is: www.worldslastchance.com...

EDIT: I am not saying I believe the above; I just added the above theory; because many do believe it and I thought it was interesting.

edit on 13-3-2013 by caladonea because: add more

link   
The Nostradamus angle seems to be a better fit for this Pope.

Now if you could link this Pope to Kevin Bacon...then we could be on to something!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
solid foundation? Haha. No matter who was selected as pope, people would have made connections, as another poster pointed out. Cant people just let failed prophecy fail?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Pope Francis took his name after Francis Xavier not Francis of Assisi. He is the first Jesuit Pope thus the name Francis.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, he is the son of Italian immigrants to Argentina. That seems pretty italian to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Or a connection to Francis Bacon. (I'm actually two degrees from Kevin Bacon, having been an extra in a movie which had a guy who had been in a movie with Kevin Bacon).

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What's with you people? It's a failed prophecy. You simply cannot contort any justification under the Sun to try and make a square peg fit into a round hole.

He's neither a Roman nor named Peter. It's over. Like John Titor, 12-21-12, and the GFL ufo nonsense it's time to move this to the failure file.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Well, he is the son of Italian immigrants to Argentina. That seems pretty italian to me.

Were they from Rome?

I'm a direct descendant of Leif Ericson. Am I Norse royalty?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMistro81
solid foundation? Haha. No matter who was selected as pope, people would have made connections, as another poster pointed out. Cant people just let failed prophecy fail?

No they simply cannot. That's why fools are still claiming John Titor was from the future.

edit on 13-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Peter the Roman and Pope Francis

To be absolutely honest, I was wrong in who I thought would end up as the next Pope.

But... then again, this may not all be over yet. One merely need look at the short life of Pope JP-1 and the various possibilities surrounding his arrival and departure. From there, you might take the first line of the Malachy/Petrus Romanus prophesy and begin to wonder... just exactly what may lie in store for Pope Francis.

In the Lignum Vitae, the line "In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit." forms a separate sentence and paragraph of its own. While often read as part of the "Peter the Roman" prophecy, other interpreters view it as a separate, incomplete sentence explicitly referring to additional popes between "glory of the olive" and "Peter the Roman"
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-3-2013 by redoubt because: edit

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
But if the world doesnt erupt in flames with blood and screaming......

When will jesus come back flying on a magic cloud?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

One problem, John didn't speak Latin, nor was Revelation written in Latin.

You'd have to figure out the gammetria angle in Koine Greek.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
But if the world doesnt erupt in flames with blood and screaming......

When will jesus come back flying on a magic cloud?

Is that from a South Park episode?

Never heard anyone say He would be flying on a magic cloud.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join