It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your personal epiphany to begin an interest in the UFO phenomena?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My interest was in biology and astronomy, the Drake Equation, the Fermi Paradox. I studied all that stuff when I was around 7 or 8 years old. I read books on UFOs (possibly as an answer to the Fermi Paradox), sci-fi and SETI. I was reading college level texts in middle school and comprehending, surprisingly, most of it.

Then I heard about a astrophysicist and professor emeritus Peter Sturrock of Stanford and his interest in reopening scientific examination of the UFO phenomena. I bought his book The UFO Enigma: A New Review of the Physical Evidence and read the report which has commonly become known in UFO circles as The Sturrock Report and I became interested in applying the scientific method to the UFO field by separating out cases which had something which could be scientifically examined.

If you have not read The Sturrock Report and are interested in a scientific investigation of the phenomena then you seriously need to read it. It's well worth it.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
My country's ancient history, is all about it... But I don't follow modern theories, or ufo "priests", I stick with what my ancestors left us as a heritage.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My interest in UFO's started after seeing TV shows about them years ago but never fully got into it till I found a book a couple years later on UFO's at a book sale, the part that really interested me about it though was that they could outperform any aircrafts of our time and the mysteries that surround the subject.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join